Schlumberger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer REMS Interview

Mechanical Engineer REMS
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went to career fair at my University in the month of september'13. Dropped in my Resume. Later attended the info session and got an email for the first on-campus round. The interview was totally behavioral with basic technical questions.
After 3 weeks got a mail from them that I was selected and was invited to Sugarland centre ( Nov 5th'13)for the second & final interview. The first day was a little disappointing as due to bad weather we couldn't tour the sugarland campus but the night was fun. Had dinner with the recruiting and other officials included introductions, a team game etc.

Next day had 4 45 min interviews, they were pretty good, some were technical he showed me a part design and asked about it mostly GD&T. Others were trying to assess where I would fit the best. After the process I felt pretty confident. After 2 weeks I get a mail that I was selected. Yayyy!!!

Was my first interview and i cracked it :)

REMS Mechanical Engineer Interview

REMS Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – I went to my universities career fair. After a few weeks I was contacted for an on campus first round of interview. Before the interview there was an information session the previous evening. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was mostly HR, with questions about experience of working in a team, leadership experience etc. Within one week I was invited for an on site interview which is yet to take place.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were based on my resume.   Answer Question

REMS- Mechanical Engineer Interview

REMS- Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at Schlumberger's website and got an opportunity for a phone interview the following day. The phone interview consisted of a lot of technical questions and a detailed insight about my resume/ thesis work etc. Technical questions included: Describe a stress-strain curve, difference between lathe and a mill, difference between linear a and geometric dimension. Some behavioral questions: Explain your experience working in a team. Asked if i was willing to relocate. Overall it was an average interview with more technical and resume based questions.

Interview Question – They asked me if i was more keen about working in manufacturing or in design.   Answer Question

REMS - Mechanical Engineer Interview

REMS - Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – 1st round on campus; 2nd round in Houston, TX. Presentation, lunch and then 3 hr interview with 4 interviewer

Interview Question – Choose a topic that you are interested within the company   Answer Question

REMS Mechanical Engineering Interview

REMS Mechanical Engineering
Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got a call from one of the company recruiter and waited 1 month. After that I sent an email to followup. Then she let me know that they are having an interview. I said I am interested. The interview was in Sugarland,TX. On first day, they presented about their company. After that there was a catapult building. We had 6 people, so they splited us into two groups.Next day there was technical presentation on any project we worked on. After the presentation there was 4 interviews. Each interviews were 45 min long. there were two people in each group. One group was very hard in questioning. They

Interview Question – 1. How do you handle pressure situation
2. Do I have GD&T experience?
3. Do I have drilling tools design experience?
4. How does car motor and engine work?
5. Showed on 2D drawing of a tools and had to explain how the tool works
  View Answer

REMS, Mechanical Engineer Interview

REMS, Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Had a phone interview where they asked questions like how does a car work and what is the difference between milling and lathe. Then was called for an in-site interview to Houston. Had to give a presentation on my technical work followed by four one-on-one interviews. In that they quizzed me on CAD drawings, and asked me some simple questions on pressure acting on pipes.

Interview Question – If you were in a dark closet with 49 white socks and 1 black one.how many socks would you pick so as to ensure that you exit the closet with a pair of similar colored socks   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I got what I wanted and liked what I got

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger REMS Mechanical Engineering interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees and interview candidates.