Schlumberger

Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

REMS Mechanical Engineer Interview

interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2014.

Handed in my resume at campus career fair, got a on campus interview next day. Just went through my resume, no very hard questions asked. Got the on site invitation one month after.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever feel like enlightened when you learned something in class that you never know before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

REMS Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger.

I went to my universities career fair. After a few weeks I was contacted for an on campus first round of interview. Before the interview there was an information session the previous evening. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was mostly HR, with questions about experience of working in a team, leadership experience etc. Within one week I was invited for an on site interview which is yet to take place.

Mechanical Engineer REMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in November 2013.

I went to career fair at my University in the month of september'13. Dropped in my Resume. Later attended the info session and got an email for the first on-campus round. The interview was totally behavioral with basic technical questions.
    After 3 weeks got a mail from them that I was selected and was invited to Sugarland centre ( Nov 5th'13)for the second & final interview. The first day was a little disappointing as due to bad weather we couldn't tour the sugarland campus but the night was fun. Had dinner with the recruiting and other officials included introductions, a team game etc.

Next day had 4 45 min interviews, they were pretty good, some were technical he showed me a part design and asked about it mostly GD&T. Others were trying to assess where I would fit the best. After the process I felt pretty confident. After 2 weeks I get a mail that I was selected. Yayyy!!!

Was my first interview and i cracked it :)

REMS- Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

I applied online at Schlumberger's website and got an opportunity for a phone interview the following day. The phone interview consisted of a lot of technical questions and a detailed insight about my resume/ thesis work etc. Technical questions included: Describe a stress-strain curve, difference between lathe and a mill, difference between linear a and geometric dimension. Some behavioral questions: Explain your experience working in a team. Asked if i was willing to relocate. Overall it was an average interview with more technical and resume based questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if i was more keen about working in manufacturing or in design.   Answer Question

REMS - Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger.

1st round on campus; 2nd round in Houston, TX. Presentation, lunch and then 3 hr interview with 4 interviewer

Interview Questions
    • Choose a topic that you are interested within the company   Answer Question

REMS, Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in February 2013.

Applied Online. Had a phone interview where they asked questions like how does a car work and what is the difference between milling and lathe. Then was called for an in-site interview to Houston. Had to give a presentation on my technical work followed by four one-on-one interviews. In that they quizzed me on CAD drawings, and asked me some simple questions on pressure acting on pipes.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a dark closet with 49 white socks and 1 black one.how many socks would you pick so as to ensure that you exit the closet with a pair of similar colored socks   View Answers (3)
    No negotiations. I got what I wanted and liked what I got

REMS Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in January 2013.

I applied online. Got a call from one of the company recruiter and waited 1 month. After that I sent an email to followup. Then she let me know that they are having an interview. I said I am interested. The interview was in Sugarland,TX. On first day, they presented about their company. After that there was a catapult building. We had 6 people, so they splited us into two groups.Next day there was technical presentation on any project we worked on. After the presentation there was 4 interviews. Each interviews were 45 min long. there were two people in each group. One group was very hard in questioning. They

Interview Questions
    • 1. How do you handle pressure situation
      2. Do I have GD&T experience?
      3. Do I have drilling tools design experience?
      4. How does car motor and engine work?
      5. Showed on 2D drawing of a tools and had to explain how the tool works