Schlumberger

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Met the recruiter at a school career fair. I was selected for a phone interview . No technical questions were asked. Just basic how would you handle such and such situation type questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

Schlumberger comes to Rice University every semester. Their appear on Career Expo, on info sessions and give on-campus interviews. Their appear an appealing exterior, so software students eagerly submitted their resumes and heavily prepared. However, unprofessionally, in their on-campus interview, both for full-time or intern, for software engineering, they never ask real technique questions, I mean, they ask basic concepts but not let you write codes. Seriously, from more than 10 computer science student I know who participated interviews, same scenario. It feels like they do not care about what you actually learnt what you can do, they care about how you bluff, just like how they bluff, that they beat Halliburton (vice versa, Halliburton said they beat Schlumberger). And finally, they strictly hire little, because they paid better than other oil-service software company in Houston. And you got no idea: why not me?

Last hint for Rice students: Choose more Steven's Wong's courses, and Schlumberger might give you an offer without onsite.

Interview Questions
    • When is heap memory used in C++? What kinda sort run in O(nlgn) time?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2013.

It was a very non-technical interview. An information session was held the day before the interview, and it seemed like a very nice place to work. During the interview, they just asked about my past classes and how I contributed to projects. They were just basic behavioral questions. Be set to impress though because they base their decision on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger in June 2013.

1ST Step- telephonic
    2nd- technical telephnic
    3rd- onsite

Software Engineering Interview

Only one round of On-campus interview. Ask about two technical questions and two behavior questions. Then mainly talked about the my resume.

Interview Questions
    • I think the interview goes well, so I did not have any hard question for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, UT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

submitted the application on campus career fair and got campus interview. In the interview, most of them are the behavior questions based on the resume. And some questions like "give a time when...." and the technique question is recursively reverse a linked list

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in March 2012.

Very candid interviewer who seemed to want to recruit more EE/CS types.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schlumberger in September 2011.

career fair then campus interview

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2007.

No initial communication with company-- interview offered after resume submitted during career fair. Asked simple technical questions like base conversions and simple data structure questions. Took about 30 minutes. Received offer letter about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What's a quick way of converting from binary to hex?   View Answer
    No negotiation took place -- internship

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger in October 2010.

The whole process took over 6 months. They can move fast, but only if they want to.
    Usually the will have one to one interviews with the recruiter first, then introduce you to technical people in the field you will be working. If they want you they can make things happen pretty quickly, though you will have to go trough all the required checks: technical, medical, background checks etc. They will make you feel that you want to work for them, and that they are the best company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be ready to relocate for your job? And eventually some technical questions, due to your field. But if you are confident about it you should be able to give them the right answer.   View Answer
    The final contract was worse as negotiated. They offered me an international one, and I ended up signing for a local one, as HR made me believe it's literally the same. It is not! So be careful!