Schlumberger

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a school career fair. I was selected for a phone interview . No technical questions were asked. Just basic how would you handle such and such situation type questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very non-technical interview. An information session was held the day before the interview, and it seemed like a very nice place to work. During the interview, they just asked about my past classes and how I contributed to projects. They were just basic behavioral questions. Be set to impress though because they base their decision on one interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

Interview Details – Schlumberger comes to Rice University every semester. Their appear on Career Expo, on info sessions and give on-campus interviews. Their appear an appealing exterior, so software students eagerly submitted their resumes and heavily prepared. However, unprofessionally, in their on-campus interview, both for full-time or intern, for software engineering, they never ask real technique questions, I mean, they ask basic concepts but not let you write codes. Seriously, from more than 10 computer science student I know who participated interviews, same scenario. It feels like they do not care about what you actually learnt what you can do, they care about how you bluff, just like how they bluff, that they beat Halliburton (vice versa, Halliburton said they beat Schlumberger). And finally, they strictly hire little, because they paid better than other oil-service software company in Houston. And you got no idea: why not me?

Last hint for Rice students: Choose more Steven's Wong's courses, and Schlumberger might give you an offer without onsite.

Interview Question – When is heap memory used in C++? What kinda sort run in O(nlgn) time?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1ST Step- telephonic
2nd- technical telephnic
3rd- onsite

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

Interviewed at Schlumberger

Interview Details – Only one round of On-campus interview. Ask about two technical questions and two behavior questions. Then mainly talked about the my resume.

Interview Question – I think the interview goes well, so I did not have any hard question for me.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2011.

Interview Details – career fair then campus interview

Interview Question – tipical behavior question.   Answer Question

Austin, UT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

Interview Details – submitted the application on campus career fair and got campus interview. In the interview, most of them are the behavior questions based on the resume. And some questions like "give a time when...." and the technique question is recursively reverse a linked list

Interview Question – recursively reverse a linked list   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very candid interviewer who seemed to want to recruit more EE/CS types.

Interview Questions

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2007.

Interview Details – No initial communication with company-- interview offered after resume submitted during career fair. Asked simple technical questions like base conversions and simple data structure questions. Took about 30 minutes. Received offer letter about a week later.

Interview Question – What's a quick way of converting from binary to hex?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place -- internship

Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews.
Technical/HR/Upper Management.

The important part is the first one when you are asked by your future pairs and they decide if they will like to work with you.

Interview Question – Algorithmic and computer theory questions.

Also technical questions about your other projects in other companies.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could say yes or no.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!