Schlumberger Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger.

Met the recruiter at a school career fair. I was selected for a phone interview . No technical questions were asked. Just basic how would you handle such and such situation type questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2013.

It was a very non-technical interview. An information session was held the day before the interview, and it seemed like a very nice place to work. During the interview, they just asked about my past classes and how I contributed to projects. They were just basic behavioral questions. Be set to impress though because they base their decision on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2013.

Schlumberger comes to Rice University every semester. Their appear on Career Expo, on info sessions and give on-campus interviews. Their appear an appealing exterior, so software students eagerly submitted their resumes and heavily prepared. However, unprofessionally, in their on-campus interview, both for full-time or intern, for software engineering, they never ask real technique questions, I mean, they ask basic concepts but not let you write codes. Seriously, from more than 10 computer science student I know who participated interviews, same scenario. It feels like they do not care about what you actually learnt what you can do, they care about how you bluff, just like how they bluff, that they beat Halliburton (vice versa, Halliburton said they beat Schlumberger). And finally, they strictly hire little, because they paid better than other oil-service software company in Houston. And you got no idea: why not me?

Last hint for Rice students: Choose more Steven's Wong's courses, and Schlumberger might give you an offer without onsite.

Interview Questions
    • When is heap memory used in C++? What kinda sort run in O(nlgn) time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schlumberger in June 2013.

1ST Step- telephonic
    2nd- technical telephnic
    3rd- onsite

Software Engineering Interview

Only one round of On-campus interview. Ask about two technical questions and two behavior questions. Then mainly talked about the my resume.

Interview Questions
    • I think the interview goes well, so I did not have any hard question for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schlumberger in September 2011.

career fair then campus interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, UT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2012.

submitted the application on campus career fair and got campus interview. In the interview, most of them are the behavior questions based on the resume. And some questions like "give a time when...." and the technique question is recursively reverse a linked list

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2012.

Very candid interviewer who seemed to want to recruit more EE/CS types.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Schlumberger in October 2007.

No initial communication with company-- interview offered after resume submitted during career fair. Asked simple technical questions like base conversions and simple data structure questions. Took about 30 minutes. Received offer letter about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What's a quick way of converting from binary to hex?   View Answer
    No negotiation took place -- internship

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schlumberger in January 2010.

3 interviews.
    Technical/HR/Upper Management.

The important part is the first one when you are asked by your future pairs and they decide if they will like to work with you.

Interview Questions
    • Algorithmic and computer theory questions.

Also technical questions about your other projects in other companies.
        Answer Question
    I could say yes or no.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!