Schlumberger Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Relatively tame assessment day, only 7 candidates.

Morning had some logic and reasoning tests followed by a group exercise.

Afternoon had a presentation on yourself and a brief one on one interview; nothing too challenging asked but they seemed keen to know if you have practical experience. Followed by a 5 minute technical task assembling a simple a valve.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

The day started with 3 tests, a numerical test and two logic tests. The tests were marked and participants who did not reach the minimum criteria were asked to leave.

The second half of the day involved presentations and a one-on-one interview and asked to assemble a valve.

Interview Questions

• Valve assembly had a time limit.   1 Answer

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I had to go through 3 Interview stages before i was hired, 1st was a group test and logical questions to assess your thinking, the test mainly included mathematical and mechanical problems including fluid and torque calculations. the second stage was an HR one to one interview, mainly you speak about yourself and they check if you are suitable for this type of field job. Third and final stage was another group meeting with all the candidates, where everyone is required to prepare and present himself in a 5-slide power point presentation mentioning his strengths , weaknesses, previous experiences and things that excite him in general.

Interview Questions

• They really seamed to care about what you have been doing in the past as they are trying to get an idea of what kind of personality you are and how you reacted to tough situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

?

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Two separate interviews. First one on campus and a second one at one of the regional headquarters. There was an interview panel made up of technical and personnel people.
    All the candidates had to do a technical presentation of work they had done recently. You would then get grilled on what you had spoken about, they would go at you until you crack basically, guess its just to see how you can think on the spot and answer questions under pressure.
    Apart from that it was mostly relaxed and they were friendly.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

There were a range of things to complete including psychometric testing, a presentation about yourself and to answer pre-set questions using powerpoint and a face to face interview. It was overall a good experience and the interviewers were absolutely lovely people!

Interview Questions

• Why have you not chosen to pursue work experience within your desired area of interest?   Answer Question

Field Specialist Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Why didn't you do a masters degree?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed Salary, no negotiation!

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inverurie, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Inverurie, Scotland (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and after about a month was called for an assessment centre. Was told to prepare a 5 minute presentation about topics that were sent with the invite.

The environment and employees were friendly. Started the day with introduction and some IQ tests. Then the hr manager gave a pretty detailed presentation about the company and work we will be doing. This was followed by presentations and lunch. Finally there was a group exercise and then an interview with a couple of the employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult pretty straight forward questions were asked. In the interview was told to assemble a valve but that was pretty easy if you use a diagram that is provided.   3 Answers

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was a lengthy and a bit frustrating, eventually yielding no result. Had two telephone interviews and two panel interviews all with their offices in four different countries. Overall, the people seemed friendly, nice office space and a relaxed work environment. It seems like a good company to work with regardless.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schlumberger (Gatwick, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Initially an assessment centre followed by an individual interview in the office which you'd be working in.
      The assessment centre was a joke. The format was an IQ test, individual presentation, group task and then individual interview.
      I arrived 10 minutes early to be prepared, a woman arrived 15 minutes late told us to follow her (didn't bother introducing herself). We were then sat in a room and asked to do an IQ test (apparently 4 years at University isn't a measure of intelligence). The next task was a pre-arranged presentation on ourselves, the recruiter wasn't even paying attention, which was made worse by the questions session when she quickly glanced at my CV saw the first thing on there asked me about it when I'd already explained that in the presentation.
      The next part of the day was the group task, whilst I realise that usually they are looking at how we work as a team when building a paper tower, when you notice that they're just checking their emails it's somewhat disheartening. The final interview involved putting together a piece of kit, the instructions are included I didn't realise. Despite this car-crash of a day I got a second interview.
      The second part is where a bit of context may be useful; the job is advertised as an offshore job, not entirely my cup of tea but beggars can't be choosers. I arrived in some hole of an industrial estate outside Aberdeen the guy I was due to meet was friendly and the team were welcoming enough. But when I tole him that I thought the job was offshore he looked at me incredulously and told me that they'd struggle to send people offshore. Bizarre.

Interview Questions

• Putting together the piece of kit, make sure you find the instructions!!   Answer Question

Student Intern- Health & Safety Chemicals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schlumberger (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through their website and uploaded my CV for the research part. About 4 months later I got an email asking whether I would want to be considered for this placement and accepted. Then I had a telephone interview with the HSE manager which was fine because I had prepared basic questions. Ones I got asked were: Tell me about yourself, Name an interesting fact about yourself, Any hobbies, Where you see yourself in five years time?, Leadership example, What do you know about Schlumberger?, Why do you want to work here?. Overall the phone interview was easy and after that I did not need another interview so received an acceptance email.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? I always find this question hardest to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, had just over a week to sign the form and email it back