Schlumberger Wireline Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

first there was a phone interview which was about 45 minutes of basic behavioral questions. Towards the end they asked a few problem solving questions as well. After that they flew me out to Oklahoma City for a group interview. Prior we were assigned a product service line to explain to the group at the interview with a group. You arrive at the hotel and then have about an hour to prepare for the interview. Once you arrive at the conference room everyone presents and they berate you questions on things you clearly would not know. Then there's a group activity and then they explain the positions available. You don't make it to bed until about 2 have to wake up by 6 for field visits where they ask you even more questions. Ends with closing interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Conway, AR) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Second interview in Arkansas where they get to know your personality through various team and individual exercises and even match you up with a specific service line by the end. Sometimes give you options as to your final location.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions. Have to give a presentation on a service line (basic and standard info off their site).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only negotiation was as to where I would be assigned. Everyone starts at same base salary out of college.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial interview on campus of my school, second interview at a Schlumberger location. Interview was behavioral based. They want to see how you react under stress and how well you work with a team

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I had to go through 3 Interview stages before i was hired, 1st was a group test and logical questions to assess your thinking, the test mainly included mathematical and mechanical problems including fluid and torque calculations. the second stage was an HR one to one interview, mainly you speak about yourself and they check if you are suitable for this type of field job. Third and final stage was another group meeting with all the candidates, where everyone is required to prepare and present himself in a 5-slide power point presentation mentioning his strengths , weaknesses, previous experiences and things that excite him in general.

Interview Questions

• They really seamed to care about what you have been doing in the past as they are trying to get an idea of what kind of personality you are and how you reacted to tough situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

?

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Process included first a phone interview then a group 2 day interview which included team building activities, presentation about one assigned segment of Schlumberger, shop orientation and a group interview at the end. They fly you and pay for all your expenses during the interview process like taxi, food, accommodation, etc...

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about why did I choose Wireline and why do I want to work for Schlumberger. If you still want to work for this company, at least Wireline, then all you have to do is to convince the interviewers of why you have been waiting all your life to work in the FIELD and be excited about it. Show commitment to Schlumberger.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get to negotiate the salary...

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Warsaw (Poland)).

Interview

The recruiter behaves really in a professional manner during the interview. In general he is really official, and questions with he/she gives are not that typical for ex. what was the most difficult experience in your life which you had to struggle with and stuff like that. Recruiter pays attention to everything even if you think he/she's not looking or listening to you, believe, he/she is! First of all the interview starts with an IQ, Math, Physics, Electric and Mechanical test. All of them take like up to 5 hours. After the results you can come for f2f interview if you were good enough. Most often you have to assembly some mechanical part having some scheme in front (it's not named) and you're being asked multiple questions, they want to distract you and check the multitasking ability.Then there is some presentations about yourself, some weak and strong aspects and short description (prepare a good and simple one!) Then there is time fot team work. Most often you have to build something from paper, like an arch for example. There is only duck tape and paper :) limited number! Then you have to wait for the decision and offer!

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for the Field Engineer position through my university. I was contacted and asked to do a one-on-one interview in my school's career centre where I met with the recruiter. It was very casual. The interviewer walked me through my resume, asked about my extracurriculars and interests. She had me do a puzzle (you have five sticks: 1", 2", 3", 4", and 5". How many triangles can you make?). I was called back for a second interview where I was flown to the Calgary office for two days. We were all given a SLB topic and told to make a short powerpoint on it. The first evening eleven of us sat in a conference room and did team bonding exercises and ice-breakers, then listened to a million power points on benefits/job segments and stuff, and then presented our own powerpoint on a segment. The three interviewers grilled us. The purpose was to see how we reacted under pressure, and to see how much research we had done. The next day we drove to a cased-hole wireline base and a frac-base to see what the field shops looked like. We were able to talk to some field employees about the jobs. On the drive back, we filled in a questionnaire detailing which segment we were interested in working for, location preferences, and provided feedback on the interview process. Once back in Calgary, we did final interviews with various managers at the head office, and then they took us out for dinner. Since I had told the recruiter I had other offers, she let me know within two days that they were extending me an offer. I was offered a position in my segment of choice.

Interview Questions

• You have five sticks: 1", 2", 3", 4", and 5". How many triangles can you make?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary. SLB has a rigid program for new Field Engineer hires so salary is nonnegotiable.

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in April 2010.

Interview

1)Recruitment at the university campus among thousands of students, not only form my university but also from other universities across my country. 2) one numerical test 3)two different interviews, the first one with HR representatives and the second one with segments managers, 4) three full days of interviews and group test among other candidates.

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2008.

Interview

Communication skills, group activity and one on one interview. If you are short listed then you might be interviewed by segment operations manager. They are looking for freshgrads mostly who would dedicate their first 3-8 years fulltime for the company. Positive attitude is a key factor. The recruiter would ask you to list 3-5 segments in which you are interested and they he would select the one he thinks which match your personality. Females secure the best segments mostly since the company is keen about increasing their ratio in the field and they would try hard to keep them. People with families must forget about their personal/family time as it does not exist in the first 8 years (more maybe).

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose SLB? Why should we hire you? Where do you think you will be in 5 years? Can you commit your time to duty?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have fixed salaries (grade system) and you cant negotiate your assignment location