Schneider Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Logistics Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider in June 2014.

Initial phone interview was a basic behavioral interview. Next day was invited for face-to-face. 2 panel interview: more basic behavioral questions. Then I spent time with an employee on the call floor. He explained how things worked, didn't really seem to dig his job. Following day was offered job.

35k base salary with no negotiations

Carrier Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider in April 2013.

2 phone interviews and an in person interview with 2 managers

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider.

On campus interview one on one. Got back to me right away set up next interview in office. Had to fill out some paper work and apply for job online previous to interview. Question regarding how much salary you expect to earn. Office interivew was two on one. Was more of a conversation then an interview, basic behavioral questions. Asked about previous sales experience, what motivates me etc. Good people and company just the pay that was lacking for me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Met a sales manager and sales representative at my school's career fair. The next day I had am interview scheduled with the two gentleman that I met the previous day. They then asked me at the end of the interview if I wanted to continue with the process to then submit my resume and information through their online careers website. I did that and an HR person contacted me within a few days after that. I was at Schneider's office in Chicago for my final interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with two account managers. They were somewhat standoffish, very serious and very professional. And after an hour and a half interview I left and a few days later the HR person called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were just really normal behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?   Answer Question

I had other opportunities available at my disposal.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in June 2013.

Brief Phone Interview 15-20 minutes long
    2nd Phone Interview 45-60 minutes long
    In-person Interview 1hr -2hrs long

Interview Questions
    • How do we know you are up to the Challenge? How do we know you will stay with the company and not get bored?   View Answer

Different company had better offer

Company Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider in September 2012.

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter. Easy to get in as long as you can prove you are a good safe driver with a clean criminal and DRUG FREE background. Company checks driving record and screens with DOT urine and hair follicle.
    2 week process over the phone with recruiter (I was still with another company so they worked with my schedule) 3 week training: week1 greyhound bus to Green Bay,WI for classroom and skills. Hotel rooms are double booked- I had a roommate. Week2 greyhound to Chicago more classroom for the week with hard skills in the truck . Private hotel room. Week3 out with a training engineer and driving on real loads. Trainers are nice people, supportive and informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

My resume was passed along as an employee referral. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call, did a phone interview, did a one-on-one interview, and later received a phone call offering me the position. I didn't find the interview to be especially difficult since I understand how brokering and logistics work. After accepting the position, the company had me pee in a cup test to make sure I know how to pass a pee test. Success!

None. It was a 35k base for one year. After a year, you're expected to make money with all the freight you move...or try to move.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider in April 2012.

I applied to the job online and heard back from a human resources generalist about a week later. They arranged for a 30 minute phone interview, where they asked a number of questions about my background and interest in the position. Be prepared to explain your interest in the job, because it seemed crucial. Also, have several questions prepared before the interview begins, and spend some time researching the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult decision you had to make, and how the outcome effected you personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider in October 2010.

Applied online on company website. Received a phone call 3 days later to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked very basic questions about resume, nothing difficult or unexpected. Received an email several days informing me that I would not be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you experienced a conflict with a co-worker. How was this conflict resolved?   Answer Question

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!