Schneider Downs & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schneider Downs & Co.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Downs & Co..

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter on my school's job page, and I was selected for an interview. There was a pre-night dinner to mix and mingle with the employees. It was pleasant. None of the employees seemed to be super excited about the company. Then there was a 45 minute interview the next day. The interviewer seemed like he was in an awful mood. I still thought the interview went pretty well overall, but I found out I was not selected for a second round the next week. Overall, I wasn't too bummed because the employees didn't sell the company to me very well.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing with other companies? Pretend I am a recruiter for a Big 4. Why do you want to work for me over Schneider Downs?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co..

Interview

Campus interview with a pre-night reception (that all of the employees were late to). Interview was with a tax senior even though the position was audit. Interview was too relaxed and talked over resume.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied through business college. Had a prenight dinner before the interview to get to know the interviewers. Mostly conversational interview, not very comfortable. Interviewer was sort of rude.

Interview Questions

• Will you be interviewing with other companies?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Received phone call fro HR....Its basic questions.....

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

I completed my interview on-campus at the University of Pittsburgh. Schneider Downs likes to host a pre-night interview social gathering at one of the local restaurants to try and help ease the tension amongst interviewees. The next day was the interview, which was a one on one behavioral interview with one of Schneider Downs' head HR personell. It was your typical behavioral interview--no tricks or gimmicks. One thing I did find odd, however, was that they asked for your SAT score. I'm not quite sure how or why a score from high school can factor into a hiring decision? Unlike other firms I've interviewed with, Schneider Downs keeps in contact with their interviewees through US mail, which I find to be interesting and somewhat old fashioned. The bottom line: It was a fairly easy interview process. No worries.

Interview Questions

• What did you score on your SAT's?   1 Answer

I received a much better offer from a highly respected Big Four firm.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Columbus, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume to a partner that was at a campus event. I then received a call from HR, we had a pretty brief and laid back conversation. They then set up an office interview. The office interview consisted of 4 1-on-1 interviews. The first two were with Audit Managers and the second two were with Audit Shareholders. All of the interviewers run down your resume with you and ask you questions about your experiences. I would recommend bringing a copy of your resume with you so you don't waste your time craning your neck trying to predict what they are going to ask you about next. This part is pretty easy if you are prepared, be ready to elaborate. The second part of each interview was just a conversation be. They want to make sure you're a reasonable person that they think would fit in with the current employees. Sell your self. They are looking for people who are hard working and easy going. Which is basically what every employer is looking for I would imagine. Side note: All of the shareholders and managers seemed to be Steelers fans.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

Why do you want to be an accountant?

What do you think of the Steelers?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level, I didn't negotiate.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. (Columbus, OH) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied via my major universities career site. I was granted an on campus interview with a recruiter. My interview was 30 minutes in length, mostly behavioral type questions, and determining weather I would be a good fit with this mid-market regional accounting firm.

I thought the interview went very well, all of the SD contacts I met with were very nice and pleasant, and it seems like it would be a fantastic place to start a career.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. in November 2010.

Interview

People seemed great, work culture seemed pretty laid back and open. The office reminded me of an old IRS building (small cubicles and the computers didn't look to compare to any other firm)

4 Interviews, behavioral questions, more of a casual conversation than a formal interview. The interviews weren't difficult at all it was pretty much a time for them to get to know you. Office Visit lasted about 4 hours

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation within a team work setting?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Downs & Co. in October 2008.

Interview

I had an interview on campus in the fall. I signed up though the business school. After the on campus interview I had, I was invited for a office visit. I met with human resources and had 4 interviews with different managers, all half an hour each. Then I went to lunch with 2 people who were below the manager level. I got a very friendly vibe from everyone. The office was very impressive and had a clean, young feel to it. I felt much more respect at this office than others I had interviewed at. The interview process was much more laid bad and had fewer behavioral questions than other places. Overall it was a great process.