Schneider Electric Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2014

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Had two phone interviews- first was more get to know and second was a little more detailed interview about my resume. Had one in person interview and had to do a one hour presentation where questions were asked. Afterwards had a short interview that was more generic

Interview Questions
  • Hardest part was giving the presentation for an hour- many questions popped up during this, a few that were tough   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Applications Engineer Interview

Two phone interviews, one technical. Then on-site interview, which contained interview from different people in the morning, a lunch, and a tour in the afternoon.

Still no response yet.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2013.

I had an interview on campus with a recruiter. The interview focused mostly on my resume and about Schneider electric. I was invited to interview on site. There was a dinner the night before the interviews. The day consisted of 3 interviews, a tour, lunch, a brief presentation, and Q/A. Each interview consisted of a few behavioral questions. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Just general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

The first interview was a very short (30-45 min) phone interview. Typical behavioral interview questions and then four questions on their core values (Passionate, Open, Straightforward, Effective). Asked about my work style and how I did work.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2013.

Quite long interview process. Went through the non typical university route, which appears to be the norm around here. Multiple phone interviews and then a face to face with 4 individuals. The whole process wasn't too bad. I was fairly informed through each step. There weren't long periods of no response/silence.

Interview Questions
    • Basically talk about your previous experience. Mostly situational stuff and how you can handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Tried twice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Vergne, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2010.

General questions about background and personality based.

Interview Questions
    • Did your peer or supervisor ever find a fault with your work. What did you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

They fly you to the site and book you in a hotel. The next morning a shuttle comes to pick you up and take you to their facility. The day begins with a presentation regarding the company and its goals. Next, each department head gives a description of their department as well as the position available. (Interviews were for several positions.) Everyone is assigned an interviewer for a specified amount of time. The first interviewer asked generic behavioral questions. The next interviewer asked more technical questions regarding your resume. The last interviewer asked academic questions about classes taken as well as extra curricular activities. Next, you have lunch and get the chance to sit and talk with all of the interviewers to ask questions. Finally, you take a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • What is an exciter and how does it work?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2011.

The interview went pretty good and the questions are mostly to determine your personality and ability to interact with people. They are very simple and nice people. The reply from the interview took 2 weeks but I got a favorable offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been in a leading position where you were working in a group? and how did you handle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2011.

This was a preliminary phone interview through my campus career center. It went very smoothly mostly consisting of simple questions and 4 complex behavioral questions. Was very conversational and recruiter quickly put me at ease. I have accepted a second round interview, and will update when the outcome of that is known. Would like a little more information on the position, had to get most of it from the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2009.

A company HR person called me and conducted a preliminary interview. After the first telephone interview with HR person, I was contacted by hiring manager for another 30 minute phone call interview. I was then asked to travel nearly 425 miles to meet mid morning (out of state) with several different people at their manufacturing facility. I was passed from one person to another for several times until I had spoken with Hiring manger, HR person, Employee Development manager, and other personnel. I was then taken to lunch and then told that was all for the day.

I never heard back for weeks. The HR contact practiced a clear pattern of avoidance and deception. After continued requests for the status of the job I was told by the HR person that she had to contact the hiring manager and that it would be a few days or so. (Just enough time for her to go into their system and have the automated message go out to tell me how impressive I was , but not as good as another candidate.) Several hours later I got another email that said the position had been cancelled due to "business reasons." The next day I got the same message about how they filled the position with another candidate. So which is it ?? It is a clear pattern of deception. I would avoid this company because if they can't even be honest about a position, then what else would they be dishonest about ???

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever watched the show "Lie to Me?"   View Answer

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!