Schneider Electric

Updated Apr 5, 2014

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews- first was more get to know and second was a little more detailed interview about my resume. Had one in person interview and had to do a one hour presentation where questions were asked. Afterwards had a short interview that was more generic

Interview Question – Hardest part was giving the presentation for an hour- many questions popped up during this, a few that were tough   Answer Question

Application Engineer Interview

Application Engineer
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Technical exam: 4 questions to check the way-of-thinking, proposed problems don't need advanced mathematical tools or any previous courses revision, just focusing.

2. HR interview: no thing unique, ends by English writing exam.

3. Group head interview: it depends on the department itself.

Interview Question – No thing unique...   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schneider Electric

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, one technical. Then on-site interview, which contained interview from different people in the morning, a lunch, and a tour in the afternoon.

Interview Question – What questions do you have for me...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still no response yet.

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had an interview on campus with a recruiter. The interview focused mostly on my resume and about Schneider electric. I was invited to interview on site. There was a dinner the night before the interviews. The day consisted of 3 interviews, a tour, lunch, a brief presentation, and Q/A. Each interview consisted of a few behavioral questions. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Just general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – The first interview was a very short (30-45 min) phone interview. Typical behavioral interview questions and then four questions on their core values (Passionate, Open, Straightforward, Effective). Asked about my work style and how I did work.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you   View Answer

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2013.

Interview Details – Quite long interview process. Went through the non typical university route, which appears to be the norm around here. Multiple phone interviews and then a face to face with 4 individuals. The whole process wasn't too bad. I was fairly informed through each step. There weren't long periods of no response/silence.

Interview Question – Basically talk about your previous experience. Mostly situational stuff and how you can handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Tried twice.

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted at career fair. Follow up with 1:1 interview on campus. Invited to larger interview in La Vergne, Three 1:1 interviews in La Vergne and office/manufacturing tour. Everyone was friendly, and did a great job showing what the company had to offer.

Interview Question – How do you motivate someone in a group project to complete their share of the work?   Answer Question

Application Engineer Interview

Application Engineer
La Vergne, TN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2010.

Interview Details – General questions about background and personality based.

Interview Question – Did your peer or supervisor ever find a fault with your work. What did you do?   View Answer

Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Interview Details – They fly you to the site and book you in a hotel. The next morning a shuttle comes to pick you up and take you to their facility. The day begins with a presentation regarding the company and its goals. Next, each department head gives a description of their department as well as the position available. (Interviews were for several positions.) Everyone is assigned an interviewer for a specified amount of time. The first interviewer asked generic behavioral questions. The next interviewer asked more technical questions regarding your resume. The last interviewer asked academic questions about classes taken as well as extra curricular activities. Next, you have lunch and get the chance to sit and talk with all of the interviewers to ask questions. Finally, you take a tour of the facility.

Interview Question – What is an exciter and how does it work?   View Answer

Applications Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2011.

Interview Details – Only got to the HR interview which was very stress-free in my opinion. They only asked what kind role you usually play in teams/groups projects. The interviewer was really friendly and asked me the usual stuff like what were my strong and weak points. Biggest thing they were looking for is if you are willing to relocate. They offer relocation packages which was nice.

Interview Question – What makes you better than the other applicants.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schneider Electric

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Electric Videos

Schneider Electric – Why Work for Us?

The global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric comprises more than 140,000 employees working in 100+ countries. Schneider Electric has a 177-year legacy of innovation, international scope, and corporate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider Electric Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schneider Electric employees and interview candidates.