Schneider Electric Applications Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

A company HR person called me and conducted a preliminary interview. After the first telephone interview with HR person, I was contacted by hiring manager for another 30 minute phone call interview. I was then asked to travel nearly 425 miles to meet mid morning (out of state) with several different people at their manufacturing facility. I was passed from one person to another for several times until I had spoken with Hiring manger, HR person, Employee Development manager, and other personnel. I was then taken to lunch and then told that was all for the day. I never heard back for weeks. The HR contact practiced a clear pattern of avoidance and deception. After continued requests for the status of the job I was told by the HR person that she had to contact the hiring manager and that it would be a few days or so. (Just enough time for her to go into their system and have the automated message go out to tell me how impressive I was , but not as good as another candidate.) Several hours later I got another email that said the position had been cancelled due to "business reasons." The next day I got the same message about how they filled the position with another candidate. So which is it ?? It is a clear pattern of deception. I would avoid this company because if they can't even be honest about a position, then what else would they be dishonest about ???

Interview Questions

• Have you ever watched the show "Lie to Me?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Cairo (Egypt)) in January 2012.

Interview

1. Technical exam: 4 questions to check the way-of-thinking, proposed problems don't need advanced mathematical tools or any previous courses revision, just focusing. 2. HR interview: no thing unique, ends by English writing exam. 3. Group head interview: it depends on the department itself.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, and then had to take a personality test before moving on to the 2nd and final round of interviews. The on campus interview was pretty straight forward, you basic behavioral questions. The 2nd round interview was onsite, and it lasted from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. I was interviewed by three different managers, and then given a tour around the facility. All interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to solve a problem in a risky or creative way. Explain, the steps you took to come up with a solution and did it work?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Interview

Contacted at career fair. Follow up with 1:1 interview on campus. Invited to larger interview in La Vergne, Three 1:1 interviews in La Vergne and office/manufacturing tour. Everyone was friendly, and did a great job showing what the company had to offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate someone in a group project to complete their share of the work?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2011.

Interview

Only got to the HR interview which was very stress-free in my opinion. They only asked what kind role you usually play in teams/groups projects. The interviewer was really friendly and asked me the usual stuff like what were my strong and weak points. Biggest thing they were looking for is if you are willing to relocate. They offer relocation packages which was nice.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in May 2009.

Interview

*Phone interview and technical questions emailed to me the first time. * Phone interview with Hiring manager and his team on technical questions alone. * Scheduled 1:1 interview with HR and 3 application Eng and Hiring Manger.