Schneider Electric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2013.

Interview Details – Long process getting hired right out of school. First was a 15 min phone interview. Just went over my school experience. Then another phone interview with an HR manager. Finally was sent to Chicago for a two day interview process with about 200 other applicants. 3 one on one interviews and then a group interview.

Interview Question – No real diffeicult questions. They mostly wanted to hear about my internship experance and my education.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career center, had one interview there and then moved onto a regional final interview event. The first interview just went over my resume with a few other questions about achievements in college. The final interview consisted of a panel interview, a case study (more of an activity to see how you work with others).

Interview Question – Describe a complex process to a four year old.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – It was only HR. No technical stuff

Interview Question – It was very easy stuff. All questions were about you   Answer Question

Advanced Finance Development Program Interview

Advanced Finance Development Program
DeKalb, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1st interview was an hour long and very standard. Started with usual "Tell me about yourself". Asked about what you knew about Schneider Electric - not too technical though.

The first half of the interview was a focus on items on my resume. Second half was a standard behavioral interview. Situation, action and result. This program has a strong emphasis on making decisions and taking a lot of responsibilities soon after starting. Coming right out of college, this wasn't something I had a lot of great stories on.

Interview Question – The largest focus was on the ability to make decisions, the decision process, and ability to handle responsibility.   View Answers (2)

Process Improvement Manager Interview

Process Improvement Manager
Palatine, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider Electric in May 2010.

Interview Details – Face to face interview with a panel of existing Master Black Belts and senior leaders. Asked specific experience related questions from my resume, and how I would apply that knowledge to their environment. Also had to present a topic to ensure I had solid presentation skills and could function under pressure.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2012.

Interview Details – Flew out to Chicago after 1:1 campus interview. Had a dinner with all the hiring managers and a chance to speak with everyone at the bar afterwards. Next day consisted of 3 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you needed to manage your time   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2010.

Interview Details – Meet and win over at least one member of each functional team.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Other offers

Very Easy Interview

Business Director Interview

Business Director
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Interview Details – The process was a joke. The hiring manager had his assistant print out a list of standard interview questions to ask me. (I'm a current employee and have worked for this hiring manager for 4 years)

None of the questions asked were relevant to the job that I applied for. I'm sure other departments are better, but this one is led by a very self centered manager who really doesn't care about the employees in his department.

Position remains vacant...

Interview Question – Just google interview questions and you'll see the list of 20 questions this incompetent hiring manager asked me :~)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Electric Videos

Schneider Electric – Why Work for Us?

The global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric comprises more than 140,000 employees working in 100+ countries. Schneider Electric has a 177-year legacy of innovation, international scope, and corporate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider Electric interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schneider Electric employees and interview candidates.