Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

2.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

A short phone review with the recruiter lead to a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. A 1:1 was offered during that review, and the flight was scheduled after a holiday weekend.
The interview included heads of five departments (Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing). It was amiable and thorough regarding professional skills and background. Was introduced to the associated personnel (about 20). Hiring manager took the afternoon to escort me around the area to see the various sights and location advantages (e.g. ski resorts).
Offer came two days later.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? This was an industry in which I had no direct experience.   Answer Question
Nonexistent. The offer was at the upper end of the allowable range.

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2013.

HR interview was very straight forward and not technical at all.
    Second interview scheduled to happen in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Not many at all. Most questions were like 'Describe a time when you were in a team that had a teammate that didn't pull his/her load.'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2013.

I was contacted through my school's career center and invited to schedule an interview with Schneider. The interview was extremely general and not for any specific job position, just a very preliminary interview.

The interviewer spent the entire time looking at his computer screen, typing in my responses to his questions very slowly and asking me to repeat several times. The result was very disconcerting and threw me off balance.

There were no technical questions, this was purely a behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Kind of long process. One evening for dinner in Tennessee and induction and interviews on the following day. There were more than 150 people. I'm not sure how many positions were available though. Had to go through three rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Not many technical questions. But you'll be out of answers before you meet the third interviewer because the questions all sound the same just rephrased. Mostly told I might be overqualified   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2011.

I had first an interview my HR, then the HR manager introduce me to the director of engineer that first he showed me around and then we had a 1:1 interview. After, I had a second interview with one design engineer and one senior electrical engineer. In this last interview, they most ask me technical questions

Interview Questions
    There was no too much of negotation

Electrical Engineer Interview

Three to five interviews by management, HR, engineering team.
    Plan for the basic interview questions; be prepared with plenty of anecdotes about how you plan tasks, deal with conflicts, display leadership.
    Always ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question