Schneider Electric

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – A short phone review with the recruiter lead to a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. A 1:1 was offered during that review, and the flight was scheduled after a holiday weekend.
The interview included heads of five departments (Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing). It was amiable and thorough regarding professional skills and background. Was introduced to the associated personnel (about 20). Hiring manager took the afternoon to escort me around the area to see the various sights and location advantages (e.g. ski resorts).
Offer came two days later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? This was an industry in which I had no direct experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonexistent. The offer was at the upper end of the allowable range.

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2013.

Interview Details – HR interview was very straight forward and not technical at all.
Second interview scheduled to happen in two weeks.

Interview Question – Not many at all. Most questions were like 'Describe a time when you were in a team that had a teammate that didn't pull his/her load.'   Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through my school's career center and invited to schedule an interview with Schneider. The interview was extremely general and not for any specific job position, just a very preliminary interview.

The interviewer spent the entire time looking at his computer screen, typing in my responses to his questions very slowly and asking me to repeat several times. The result was very disconcerting and threw me off balance.

There were no technical questions, this was purely a behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Name your best and worst decision this year   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Kind of long process. One evening for dinner in Tennessee and induction and interviews on the following day. There were more than 150 people. I'm not sure how many positions were available though. Had to go through three rounds.

Interview Question – Not many technical questions. But you'll be out of answers before you meet the third interviewer because the questions all sound the same just rephrased. Mostly told I might be overqualified   View Answer

Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had first an interview my HR, then the HR manager introduce me to the director of engineer that first he showed me around and then we had a 1:1 interview. After, I had a second interview with one design engineer and one senior electrical engineer. In this last interview, they most ask me technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no too much of negotation

Interviewed at Schneider Electric

Interview Details – Three to five interviews by management, HR, engineering team.
Plan for the basic interview questions; be prepared with plenty of anecdotes about how you plan tasks, deal with conflicts, display leadership.
Always ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!