Schneider Electric Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.4

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, phone interview, and in person interview. The whole process took two weeks. The in person interview consisted of my self and 3 Electrical Engineers. They tested me on basic Engineering knowledge and reviewed my resume in detail.

Interview Questions

• Basically reviewed my resume and job experience in detail   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

A short phone review with the recruiter lead to a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. A 1:1 was offered during that review, and the flight was scheduled after a holiday weekend. The interview included heads of five departments (Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing). It was amiable and thorough regarding professional skills and background. Was introduced to the associated personnel (about 20). Hiring manager took the afternoon to escort me around the area to see the various sights and location advantages (e.g. ski resorts). Offer came two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? This was an industry in which I had no direct experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonexistent. The offer was at the upper end of the allowable range.

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

HR interview was very straight forward and not technical at all. Second interview scheduled to happen in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Not many at all. Most questions were like 'Describe a time when you were in a team that had a teammate that didn't pull his/her load.'   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Fort Collins, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through my school's career center and invited to schedule an interview with Schneider. The interview was extremely general and not for any specific job position, just a very preliminary interview. The interviewer spent the entire time looking at his computer screen, typing in my responses to his questions very slowly and asking me to repeat several times. The result was very disconcerting and threw me off balance. There were no technical questions, this was purely a behavioral interview.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Kind of long process. One evening for dinner in Tennessee and induction and interviews on the following day. There were more than 150 people. I'm not sure how many positions were available though. Had to go through three rounds.

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. But you'll be out of answers before you meet the third interviewer because the questions all sound the same just rephrased. Mostly told I might be overqualified   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2011.

Interview

I had first an interview my HR, then the HR manager introduce me to the director of engineer that first he showed me around and then we had a 1:1 interview. After, I had a second interview with one design engineer and one senior electrical engineer. In this last interview, they most ask me technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no too much of negotation

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Three to five interviews by management, HR, engineering team. Plan for the basic interview questions; be prepared with plenty of anecdotes about how you plan tasks, deal with conflicts, display leadership. Always ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question