Schneider Electric

294 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric in July 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with the human resource person twice about expereince, background and also required to answer 5 questions which were emailed. Was asked what my current compensation was and thne was informed that they would easily exceed what I was currently making. I felt that I was a good candidate as this person showed great interest in me. I was also required to submit a job application which took a little time to do. Through the process I was made to feel that I was a good candidate for the position. After an initial flurry of activity, I never heard from the HR person and subsequent phone calls and emails went unanswered as I was requesting status. Truly very unprofessional

Interview Question – The only questions that I answered was a questionaire asking basic questions about my accomplishments, why I would be the right employee and general question like that   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Project Applications Interview

Project Applications

I applied online and interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – There was no interview. I showed up to their facilities and we talked about the weather, college, and how life was going. My transcript was not even asked for....

Interview Question – It was the easiest interview I have ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was my first job so I didn't know I could negotiate the offer. I wish I would have.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2013.

Interview Details – Long process getting hired right out of school. First was a 15 min phone interview. Just went over my school experience. Then another phone interview with an HR manager. Finally was sent to Chicago for a two day interview process with about 200 other applicants. 3 one on one interviews and then a group interview.

Interview Question – No real diffeicult questions. They mostly wanted to hear about my internship experance and my education.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2014.

Interview Details – Background interview then a second more in depth and personal interview. Both the interviews with HR and my Current manager went very well. I was still in school when they hired me, so I came on as a telecommuter. Drug test prior to hiring

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Schneider Electric

Interview Details – Applied through University, total process took 2 weeks. First Phone Interview and then Interview at their Office (around 4 rounds). The Phone Interview was with the Lead of the team. Really nice lady who asked the general HR based questions, about past experiences and internships. The next in person interview round was with the actual developers in the team.

Interview Question – Questions about C# Development and Java.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in December 2012.

Interview Details – My interview was with the Transportation/Tolling division. There were 3-5 people interviewing me all the questions are scripted but many result in more questions which I believe are the true reasons for the questions. All questions were technical in nature.

Interview Question – Describe the process and tests you would use to test a microwave/bicycle/toaster.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Initial meeting at campus career fair, follow up one-on-one interview the next day. Second round interview at a larger branch. Both interviews were primarily behavioral based. It took two full days to complete the second round (regional) interview, as the first day included dinner and a talk from some higher level management; the second day included an office tour, explanation of benefits and a panel interview; most panels were only two or three members, however.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were not able to fix a problem. Why were you not able to? What did you wind up doing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is limited for a new hire out of college, but they offer more than fair benefits to begin with.

Data Analysis Intern Interview

Data Analysis Intern
Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2013.

Interview Details – Talk about yourself, lots of behavior questions, give me an example… why should we hire you? why you want this job? what is your weakness? how much you know about excel?

Interview Question – If you can change one thing at work, what will it be and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – I had two interview. Both of which were panel-style. The first was technical, where many standard questions were asked in the first half with the last half getting filled with a codility test and discussion.

The second interview was less technical, and seemed to be more about personality and fit. Both interviews lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – While I was prepared for the gamut of questions (which were asked) such as the last good technical book I read, some recent tech that I find interesting, challenges I've overcome, etc, an unexpected question was asked about my pet peeves. Although I wasn't ready for that ahead of time, we explored questions on that subject for a while, times it's come up, how it was handled, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for more. The hiring manager explained the service they used to map skillsets+jobs to salaries and told me that the salary they offered was within that target range. However, I had several pieces of evidence to present which I felt warranted a higher salary. We parted amicably, with the hiring manager thanking me for the research I had done and that he would look into it. About a week later, they contacted me again with a higher offer and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – My school had a online job site where you can apply but you must also apply to their website. This is very important otherwise they won't consider you. I was asked general STAR questions and they really liked my leadership experience.

Interview Question – They did not ask technical questions, just behavioral questions.   View Answer

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!