Schneider Electric Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

Project Applications Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

There was no interview. I showed up to their facilities and we talked about the weather, college, and how life was going. My transcript was not even asked for....

Interview Questions
    It was my first job so I didn't know I could negotiate the offer. I wish I would have.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2013.

Long process getting hired right out of school. First was a 15 min phone interview. Just went over my school experience. Then another phone interview with an HR manager. Finally was sent to Chicago for a two day interview process with about 200 other applicants. 3 one on one interviews and then a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • No real diffeicult questions. They mostly wanted to hear about my internship experance and my education.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2014.

Background interview then a second more in depth and personal interview. Both the interviews with HR and my Current manager went very well. I was still in school when they hired me, so I came on as a telecommuter. Drug test prior to hiring

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Applied through University, total process took 2 weeks. First Phone Interview and then Interview at their Office (around 4 rounds). The Phone Interview was with the Lead of the team. Really nice lady who asked the general HR based questions, about past experiences and internships. The next in person interview round was with the actual developers in the team.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in December 2012.

My interview was with the Transportation/Tolling division. There were 3-5 people interviewing me all the questions are scripted but many result in more questions which I believe are the true reasons for the questions. All questions were technical in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process and tests you would use to test a microwave/bicycle/toaster.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Initial meeting at campus career fair, follow up one-on-one interview the next day. Second round interview at a larger branch. Both interviews were primarily behavioral based. It took two full days to complete the second round (regional) interview, as the first day included dinner and a talk from some higher level management; the second day included an office tour, explanation of benefits and a panel interview; most panels were only two or three members, however.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were not able to fix a problem. Why were you not able to? What did you wind up doing?   Answer Question
    Negotiation is limited for a new hire out of college, but they offer more than fair benefits to begin with.

Data Analysis Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2013.

Talk about yourself, lots of behavior questions, give me an example… why should we hire you? why you want this job? what is your weakness? how much you know about excel?

Interview Questions
    • If you can change one thing at work, what will it be and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

I had two interview. Both of which were panel-style. The first was technical, where many standard questions were asked in the first half with the last half getting filled with a codility test and discussion.

The second interview was less technical, and seemed to be more about personality and fit. Both interviews lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • While I was prepared for the gamut of questions (which were asked) such as the last good technical book I read, some recent tech that I find interesting, challenges I've overcome, etc, an unexpected question was asked about my pet peeves. Although I wasn't ready for that ahead of time, we explored questions on that subject for a while, times it's come up, how it was handled, etc.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for more. The hiring manager explained the service they used to map skillsets+jobs to salaries and told me that the salary they offered was within that target range. However, I had several pieces of evidence to present which I felt warranted a higher salary. We parted amicably, with the hiring manager thanking me for the research I had done and that he would look into it. About a week later, they contacted me again with a higher offer and I accepted.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

My school had a online job site where you can apply but you must also apply to their website. This is very important otherwise they won't consider you. I was asked general STAR questions and they really liked my leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask technical questions, just behavioral questions.   View Answer

Various - Multiple Positions Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Advised after the fact that it is best to respond to interview questions asked using the STAR method rather than providing direct, concise responses. Came away with the impression that candidates still attending college, or recent college graduates were preferred. Actual experience and expertise not given the same consideration - felt dismissed.

Interview Questions
    • Personality test type questions "hidden" within other questions asked.   Answer Question