Schneider Electric

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.9

Various - Multiple Positions Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Advised after the fact that it is best to respond to interview questions asked using the STAR method rather than providing direct, concise responses. Came away with the impression that candidates still attending college, or recent college graduates were preferred. Actual experience and expertise not given the same consideration - felt dismissed.

Interview Questions
    • Personality test type questions "hidden" within other questions asked.   Answer Question

University Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Referred to SE by a college friend in March 2013. Had an initial phone interview, then flew out to the office to interview with my future manager and manager+1. My accommodations were very nice and it was great to tour the facility and meet with my manager before making a decision. I received the offer 2 weeks later, just in time for graduation!

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the questions were behavioral/motivational. These questions aren't necessarily "hard" but they do require a lot of strategic thought.   Answer Question
    The offer was fair and the company has excellent benefits. I did not negotiate my offer.

Supply Chain Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

go through school interview, onsite interview in nashville. Bad feedbacks. But still be recommended to next round. Speak to 2 managers and got the position. Very simple questions. Nothing hard. Most focus on behavior questions.

Nothing particular

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Applied through campus career center, had one interview there and then moved onto a regional final interview event. The first interview just went over my resume with a few other questions about achievements in college. The final interview consisted of a panel interview, a case study (more of an activity to see how you work with others).

Financial Analyst Interview

Had two phone screens, a networking event, and then a "super day" the following day where I interviewed with Vice Presidents. Then three weeks later, I had two more phone calls (one with a mid-level employee and the other with a Vice President), and then the job was offered to me three days after the last phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: analysis of business divisions that have different vertical scopes. Was expected to discuss the differences between the business divisions in terms of gross profit margins and what sort of attention is given to each division.   Answer Question

I had applied for a specific program, but during the three weeks between my super day and when I had the final phone calls, the position that I was interviewing for was given to other candidates, and I was offered a less prestigious position in a geography that I was unaware that I was interviewing for.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

I did this interview at my university's campus. It was a one-on-one interview. The person interviewing me was a Plant Manager, so she wasn't too familiar with the position I was interviewing for. It was all behavioral questions. The interviewer spent most of the time taking notes of my responses, but she was very helpful in answering my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a decision you made that had a huge impact on your life this year, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric in May 2014.

For intern's its simple to apply for Schneider Electric due to the lack of candidates within the industry. Rutgers business school allowed me to become more open and diverse with my options around school.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was my greatest challange in which I didn't know how to apply.   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in May 2014.

Several weeks after applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me several questions and then invited me to complete an online interview through HireVue. This was the strangest part as there was no one to talk to, only questions that came up on the screen then you had to answer each question in the allotted time. I was given 30 seconds to read over each question and formulate an answer before the application automatically started recording my answer. I was given 3-4 minutes to answer each question, which was adequate for the most part. However, 30 seconds to read through and prepare an answer for the question was not enough time considering some of the questions were so long it took 20 seconds to read through them.
    A few weeks after the HireVue interview, the recruiter called me again to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted about an hour and I was invited for an in-office interview the following week. The in-office interview lasted roughly 3 hours and I was interviewed by 3 different people.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Had an initial HR interview, followed by an invitation to attend an on-campus interview with a panel of engineering managers. The process also included a detailed overview of the company's benefits, industry highlights, as well as an impromtu presentation on green ideas we could implement on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you faced an ethical dilemma and how you solved the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

It was only HR. No technical stuff