Schneider Electric Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Operations Advanced Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2014.

Interview

First interview was supposed to be on-campus. However, on the day of the interview, I went in to find they had cancelled without prior notification. They sent a follow-up email expressing their deepest apologies and set up an online interview via HireVue. Personally, I do not believe a company is able to get a true sense for what an individual is like based off of an online interview, since there is no way to read body language or hear feedback from the interviewer. Regardless, after the interview had been submitted, I never heard back from them, which I found to be rather unprofessional. Overall, it was not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project during which you encountered a roadblock and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, then phone interview. Then was called for on campus interview at their office. The interview in their office was a whole day process. For this interview They had people from their teams interview you. There were 4 rounds of interviews at this step and each each round was a technical person. They were really nice and asked specific questions

Continuous Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

The interviewers were very kind and polite. Not many technical questions tho. You need to be focused and answer the questions about your background and personality. They really care if you like the position or not!

Sales Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Spoke with a Schneider Electric representative at my college career fair. Was called for a first round interview with a woman from HR. Simple conversational and basic behavioral questions. Got a call to travel to Costa Mesa, CA for final round interviews. It was a 3 day event that shed light on the company and benefits. I was interviewed by 2 people, one asking the questions and the other typing on the computer. I didn't have a specific role I was interviewing for. The interviewer assessed my resume and talents to see what position I would be the best fit for. Got a call from HR within a couple days and was offered the position. Hire was dependent upon the following background check and drug screen through HireRight.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, however, I heard of other coworkers who were able to get a salary bump

QA Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Omaha, NE) in August 2014.

Interview

I had 2 short phone interviews and then I was brought in to Omaha from Nashville for an in person interview.Part of my interview included lunch with the director that would be my direct manager. During that discussion, it was very obvious that the two of us were on the same page as we were both from larger corporations. However, once I spoke with my to-be peers it became apparent that I was being brought in to primarily assist with the transition of a small company becoming a part of the larger company. This included process changes that most were not necessarily interested in.

Interview Questions

• What type of messaging tools I was familiar with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Regardless of teh number that they give you, they will give you more and will also use things like annual bonuses and additional vacation time as part of the overall compensation package.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

First round was on campus, second round they invited all of the candidates to a hotel in Chicago. Overall pretty easy, very laid back and relax, would recommend. Interviewer in Chicago was the same as the one on campus.

Project Applications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

There was no interview. I showed up to their facilities and we talked about the weather, college, and how life was going. My transcript was not even asked for....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job so I didn't know I could negotiate the offer. I wish I would have.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric in July 2014.

Interview

Spoke with the human resource person twice about expereince, background and also required to answer 5 questions which were emailed. Was asked what my current compensation was and thne was informed that they would easily exceed what I was currently making. I felt that I was a good candidate as this person showed great interest in me. I was also required to submit a job application which took a little time to do. Through the process I was made to feel that I was a good candidate for the position. After an initial flurry of activity, I never heard from the HR person and subsequent phone calls and emails went unanswered as I was requesting status. Truly very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• The only questions that I answered was a questionaire asking basic questions about my accomplishments, why I would be the right employee and general question like that   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider Electric in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and set me up with a phone interview. Two managers called me and mainly asked questions from my resume. They asked a lot on my senior design project and wanted to know exactly how it worked. They then asked me a few technical questions. It was a tough interview and the next day I found out that I had not received the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter, who did a short phone screen. Then the recruiter sent me a link to a video interview website to do an interview where I'd answer a series of questions using my webcam. The website was a bit odd and kept disconnecting during the middle of questions, so whoever watched my interview must have assumed I was a bumbling idiot. A personal, face-to-face interview seemed to me to be a much better option, since the company was literally down the road from my apartment. I never heard back from the company about the status of my application.

The questions were very standard and non-technical. For example: "What is one thing you've accomplished during the past year that you're the most proud of?".

Interview Questions

• "What is one thing you've accomplished during the past year that you're the most proud of?   Answer Question