Schneider Electric

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Applied through University, total process took 2 weeks. First Phone Interview and then Interview at their Office (around 4 rounds). The Phone Interview was with the Lead of the team. Really nice lady who asked the general HR based questions, about past experiences and internships. The next in person interview round was with the actual developers in the team.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Initial meeting at campus career fair, follow up one-on-one interview the next day. Second round interview at a larger branch. Both interviews were primarily behavioral based. It took two full days to complete the second round (regional) interview, as the first day included dinner and a talk from some higher level management; the second day included an office tour, explanation of benefits and a panel interview; most panels were only two or three members, however.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were not able to fix a problem. Why were you not able to? What did you wind up doing?   Answer Question
    Negotiation is limited for a new hire out of college, but they offer more than fair benefits to begin with.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in June 2014.

virtual interview then a phone interview then a final round interview , I am on a final interview . it takes 2 week between each step. be prepare for this . what is the difference between three phase and one phase. what is your house is that one phase or three phase . what is the favorite course in the college and why .

Interview Questions
    • whats is the difference between power factor and reactive power .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

I had two interview. Both of which were panel-style. The first was technical, where many standard questions were asked in the first half with the last half getting filled with a codility test and discussion.

The second interview was less technical, and seemed to be more about personality and fit. Both interviews lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • While I was prepared for the gamut of questions (which were asked) such as the last good technical book I read, some recent tech that I find interesting, challenges I've overcome, etc, an unexpected question was asked about my pet peeves. Although I wasn't ready for that ahead of time, we explored questions on that subject for a while, times it's come up, how it was handled, etc.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for more. The hiring manager explained the service they used to map skillsets+jobs to salaries and told me that the salary they offered was within that target range. However, I had several pieces of evidence to present which I felt warranted a higher salary. We parted amicably, with the hiring manager thanking me for the research I had done and that he would look into it. About a week later, they contacted me again with a higher offer and I accepted.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

My school had a online job site where you can apply but you must also apply to their website. This is very important otherwise they won't consider you. I was asked general STAR questions and they really liked my leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask technical questions, just behavioral questions.   View Answer

Various - Multiple Positions Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Advised after the fact that it is best to respond to interview questions asked using the STAR method rather than providing direct, concise responses. Came away with the impression that candidates still attending college, or recent college graduates were preferred. Actual experience and expertise not given the same consideration - felt dismissed.

Interview Questions
    • Personality test type questions "hidden" within other questions asked.   Answer Question

University Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Referred to SE by a college friend in March 2013. Had an initial phone interview, then flew out to the office to interview with my future manager and manager+1. My accommodations were very nice and it was great to tour the facility and meet with my manager before making a decision. I received the offer 2 weeks later, just in time for graduation!

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the questions were behavioral/motivational. These questions aren't necessarily "hard" but they do require a lot of strategic thought.   Answer Question
    The offer was fair and the company has excellent benefits. I did not negotiate my offer.

Supply Chain Management Interview

go through school interview, onsite interview in nashville. Bad feedbacks. But still be recommended to next round. Speak to 2 managers and got the position. Very simple questions. Nothing hard. Most focus on behavior questions.

Nothing particular

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Applied through campus career center, had one interview there and then moved onto a regional final interview event. The first interview just went over my resume with a few other questions about achievements in college. The final interview consisted of a panel interview, a case study (more of an activity to see how you work with others).

Financial Analyst Interview

Had two phone screens, a networking event, and then a "super day" the following day where I interviewed with Vice Presidents. Then three weeks later, I had two more phone calls (one with a mid-level employee and the other with a Vice President), and then the job was offered to me three days after the last phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: analysis of business divisions that have different vertical scopes. Was expected to discuss the differences between the business divisions in terms of gross profit margins and what sort of attention is given to each division.   Answer Question

I had applied for a specific program, but during the three weeks between my super day and when I had the final phone calls, the position that I was interviewing for was given to other candidates, and I was offered a less prestigious position in a geography that I was unaware that I was interviewing for.