Schneider Electric

294 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical & Applied Engineering Full-time Opportunities Interview

Technical & Applied Engineering Full-time Opportunities

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Met them through a career fair, this was just a preliminary process, there was no position that I was specifically interviewing for. An employee asks a bunch of behavorial questions, enters your interests and answers into a database, and then hiring managers look through your responses in a database and pick you for second round interviews.

Interview Question – Name a time when you took a risk, and would you do it again?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Clovis, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Hired on after Applied at Temp Agency

Interview Question – Do you know how to solder?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, on-campus interview, panel interview

Interview Question – How many times do you need to pick 1 pair of socks from 50 white and 50 black?   View Answers (2)

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Schneider Electric

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR, all behavioral questions,nothing difficult, last about 45 mins

Interview Question – Nothing, all general questons   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Accounting/Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process started after attending a career event at my university. I was contacted a few weeks later for an interview regarding this position. The interview was somewhat informal in that there was not a lot of pressure, but there were still expectations about the quality and type of answers one should give. For the most part, the questions were behavioral in nature rather than asking to solve a problem. All in all, a pretty basic interview. The employee that interviewed me actually went through Schneider's development program, which we talked about in the interview as well.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years down the road?   Answer Question

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview. Very relaxed, more like a conversation about the different opportunities they had than an intense interview. They were pretty blunt with choosing a location preference and asking for a preferred salary. Since it was entry level I was a little flustered. Overall very easy. No technical questions and I learned a lot about my options with the company.

Interview Question – What do you like least about your major?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interview. Received a text from the interviewer to set up phone interview within two weeks of applying. First round was straight forward walkthrough on resume. Second round was tougher, based more on personality questions such as future goals, motivation, challenges,etc.

Interview Question – What is your personal goal for the next 20 years?   Answer Question

Intern/General Interview (Costa Mesa) Interview

Intern/General Interview (Costa Mesa)
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2013.

Interview Details – My experience with Schneider has been a mixed bag; I interned with them and had a great experience, but I'm disappointed with their new recruiting strategy.

I interviewed once on-site at the Costa Mesa location for a technical (though non-electrical and non-engineering) internship and had a very positive experience. I was invited a few days after applying and received an offer the following day; everything was very prompt and professional. Moreover, I thoroughly enjoyed my summer there, and the location was full of wonderful people.

After my internship I was invited to a "final-round" general interview for full-time positions, and this is where I was disappointed. The event itself is actually quite enjoyable; they'll put you (and the other hundred and some-odd candidates) up in a nice hotel and put you through a two-day process where you learn about the company, tour a facility, and (at some point) interview with a couple managers. The questions they'll ask are 100% behavioral, which is to be expected since, because you won't know which position you're interviewing for (and the interviewers may not have any expertise in your particular field of expertise anyway), technical questions will be off the table. Which brings me to my next point...

Their system that they're trying out is to simply recruit people that "fit" into the company and match them into spots accordingly. I heard from several reliable places that the majority of said spots were sales jobs, which is probably a big part of why they're running things like this now; it makes it easy to get a bunch of business/marketing majors in the same place (to whom they can lob offers for inside sales jobs) while simultaneously allowing them to be very selective with the few engineering and analytic roles that are open.

If you're invited to a final round interview, be aware that: A. If you're a business major or something like it, you'd be right guess that Schneider is a peculiar place for you to work, and consequently it's likely anything they offer you will have "sales" in the title, or B. If you're an engineer, you're probably up against some stiff competition from all around the country for a very limited number of spots.

Interview Question – Intern interview had about half behavioral, half Google-esque "how many windows" -type questions.

General interview was 100% behavioral.
  Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

Sales Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Attended two interviews on campus. First interview asked general questions, such as what are your future career goals, while the second interview was more tailored to explaining my previous work experience and resume.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter after a university job fair. Interviewer was personable, but read off of a list of online questions and recorded my answers, so it was less of an interview and more of a one on one job application. The questions were mostly on my personality and past projects.