Schneider Electric Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Project Applications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

There was no interview. I showed up to their facilities and we talked about the weather, college, and how life was going. My transcript was not even asked for....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job so I didn't know I could negotiate the offer. I wish I would have.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in July 2014.

Interview

Spoke with the human resource person twice about expereince, background and also required to answer 5 questions which were emailed. Was asked what my current compensation was and thne was informed that they would easily exceed what I was currently making. I felt that I was a good candidate as this person showed great interest in me. I was also required to submit a job application which took a little time to do. Through the process I was made to feel that I was a good candidate for the position. After an initial flurry of activity, I never heard from the HR person and subsequent phone calls and emails went unanswered as I was requesting status. Truly very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• The only questions that I answered was a questionaire asking basic questions about my accomplishments, why I would be the right employee and general question like that   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and set me up with a phone interview. Two managers called me and mainly asked questions from my resume. They asked a lot on my senior design project and wanted to know exactly how it worked. They then asked me a few technical questions. It was a tough interview and the next day I found out that I had not received the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter, who did a short phone screen. Then the recruiter sent me a link to a video interview website to do an interview where I'd answer a series of questions using my webcam. The website was a bit odd and kept disconnecting during the middle of questions, so whoever watched my interview must have assumed I was a bumbling idiot. A personal, face-to-face interview seemed to me to be a much better option, since the company was literally down the road from my apartment. I never heard back from the company about the status of my application. The questions were very standard and non-technical. For example: "What is one thing you've accomplished during the past year that you're the most proud of?".

Interview Questions

• "What is one thing you've accomplished during the past year that you're the most proud of?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through University, total process took 2 weeks. First Phone Interview and then Interview at their Office (around 4 rounds). The Phone Interview was with the Lead of the team. Really nice lady who asked the general HR based questions, about past experiences and internships. The next in person interview round was with the actual developers in the team.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initial meeting at campus career fair, follow up one-on-one interview the next day. Second round interview at a larger branch. Both interviews were primarily behavioral based. It took two full days to complete the second round (regional) interview, as the first day included dinner and a talk from some higher level management; the second day included an office tour, explanation of benefits and a panel interview; most panels were only two or three members, however.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were not able to fix a problem. Why were you not able to? What did you wind up doing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is limited for a new hire out of college, but they offer more than fair benefits to begin with.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in June 2014.

Interview

virtual interview then a phone interview then a final round interview , I am on a final interview . it takes 2 week between each step. be prepare for this . what is the difference between three phase and one phase. what is your house is that one phase or three phase . what is the favorite course in the college and why .

Interview Questions

• whats is the difference between power factor and reactive power .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

I had two interview. Both of which were panel-style. The first was technical, where many standard questions were asked in the first half with the last half getting filled with a codility test and discussion. The second interview was less technical, and seemed to be more about personality and fit. Both interviews lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• While I was prepared for the gamut of questions (which were asked) such as the last good technical book I read, some recent tech that I find interesting, challenges I've overcome, etc, an unexpected question was asked about my pet peeves. Although I wasn't ready for that ahead of time, we explored questions on that subject for a while, times it's come up, how it was handled, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for more. The hiring manager explained the service they used to map skillsets+jobs to salaries and told me that the salary they offered was within that target range. However, I had several pieces of evidence to present which I felt warranted a higher salary. We parted amicably, with the hiring manager thanking me for the research I had done and that he would look into it. About a week later, they contacted me again with a higher offer and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

My school had a online job site where you can apply but you must also apply to their website. This is very important otherwise they won't consider you. I was asked general STAR questions and they really liked my leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask technical questions, just behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Advised after the fact that it is best to respond to interview questions asked using the STAR method rather than providing direct, concise responses. Came away with the impression that candidates still attending college, or recent college graduates were preferred. Actual experience and expertise not given the same consideration - felt dismissed.

Interview Questions

• Personality test type questions "hidden" within other questions asked.   Answer Question