Schneider Electric Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.9

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

The interview was straight-forward. The hiring manager was laid back, but professional. The entire process, from initial application to actual interview and subsequent job offer took about 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. I discussed my experience, education, and future goals with the hiring manager.   Answer Question
    I negotiated directly with the hiring manager prior to receiving a written offer.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Was given a campus interview after career fair. Very easy interesting, conversional type. Then they came to our school and gave me a final round interview at the University. They told us about who they were and why we should work for them. Final round interviews were more or less the same as the first round, no technical questions just basic HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult very standard questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2014.

Background interview then a second more in depth and personal interview. Both the interviews with HR and my Current manager went very well. I was still in school when they hired me, so I came on as a telecommuter. Drug test prior to hiring

Warehouse Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Entirely too long interview process (6+weeks) for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything that difficult just takes a long time.   Answer Question

Operational Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Initial interview was conducted on campus. Final interview was conducted at a hotel near Schneider Electric location. Initial interview was one on one while final interview was a panel interview. They covered all expenses for the final interview. Only downside to the whole experience is they took much longer than they said to let me know if I was selected or not.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do differently if I had an opportunity to go back and deal with the given situation again?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

They took us to dinner, the next day they had a bunch of sessions you had to attend and one of those sessions was the interview with 3 other Schneider electric employees. They did not ask any technical questions just wanted to see your personality I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Just asking about your past experience and the things you've learned   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

The first round interview lasted 1 hour and consisted of more than 10 questions which are all behavioral questions. such as your experiences as a team leader, your career plan, did you have conflict with others and so on.

Second round interview was more about yourself, your life experiences and your resume. Like why you chose your university, your major and this position.

What do you know about Schneider and how can you contribute to it.

Interview Questions
    • your experiences as a team leader, your career plan, did you have conflict with others and so on.
      What do you know about Schneider and how can you contribute to it.
        Answer Question

Market Research Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Through on campus recruiting. Phone interview.

Intern/General Interview (Costa Mesa) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2013.

My experience with Schneider has been a mixed bag; I interned with them and had a great experience, but I'm disappointed with their new recruiting strategy.

I interviewed once on-site at the Costa Mesa location for a technical (though non-electrical and non-engineering) internship and had a very positive experience. I was invited a few days after applying and received an offer the following day; everything was very prompt and professional. Moreover, I thoroughly enjoyed my summer there, and the location was full of wonderful people.

After my internship I was invited to a "final-round" general interview for full-time positions, and this is where I was disappointed. The event itself is actually quite enjoyable; they'll put you (and the other hundred and some-odd candidates) up in a nice hotel and put you through a two-day process where you learn about the company, tour a facility, and (at some point) interview with a couple managers. The questions they'll ask are 100% behavioral, which is to be expected since, because you won't know which position you're interviewing for (and the interviewers may not have any expertise in your particular field of expertise anyway), technical questions will be off the table. Which brings me to my next point...

Their system that they're trying out is to simply recruit people that "fit" into the company and match them into spots accordingly. I heard from several reliable places that the majority of said spots were sales jobs, which is probably a big part of why they're running things like this now; it makes it easy to get a bunch of business/marketing majors in the same place (to whom they can lob offers for inside sales jobs) while simultaneously allowing them to be very selective with the few engineering and analytic roles that are open.

If you're invited to a final round interview, be aware that: A. If you're a business major or something like it, you'd be right guess that Schneider is a peculiar place for you to work, and consequently it's likely anything they offer you will have "sales" in the title, or B. If you're an engineer, you're probably up against some stiff competition from all around the country for a very limited number of spots.

Interview Questions
    • Intern interview had about half behavioral, half Google-esque "how many windows" -type questions.

General interview was 100% behavioral.
        Answer Question

New Grad - Mechanical Engineer Interview

Talked to Schneider at a career fair and was told to create a profile on their site. They contacted me about 2 weeks after for an on campus interview. Every question was behavioral based. Tell me a time when you... sort of questions. The recruiter said that I had a very solid interview and I left feeling great. Unfortunately I never got an email for the second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself a risk taker? Whats the biggest risk that you took this year?   Answer Question