Schneider Electric Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

It was an on campus interview conducted at my school. Very behavioral and basic questions. It went really smoothly and was easy-going. The person who interviewed me told me a lot about his job (I asked) and he was very friendly. It was good to know a few things about the company, but mostly good to have some past experiences to talk about.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had to do this digital interview where you basically are fed questions, and then you have to record your answer via webcam with the site they provide. Questions were mostly behavioral - passed this section pretty easily. I was then contacted by HR to go for an on-site interview and tour. I was interviewed by a Senior ME and ME manager. Interview had some HR-behavioral questions, then had more questions that were related to by resume and my personal experiences.

Interview Questions

• Last question was, why should we hire you? Pretty generic question but it was the last question asked for me.   Answer Question

Seeking better opportunities based on salary and job duties.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

The usual interview process was a phone screen, another telephonic interview with a manager and if a successful candidate, would be called for an on-site interview.
    I had phone screening with Schneider Electric for an engineering position. The recruiter was very kind and nice and asked very good questions about me pertaining to their requirements.
    There were few basic questions were:
    1) Tell me something about yourself.
    2) Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
    3) What did you do in your internship with XYZ company ?
    4) What kind of CAD softwares you're familiar with and how is your expertise on those softwares?
    5) I see you have done some excellent projects in your academic as well as professional career. Can you please elaborate on those projects?
    6) Have you had any chance of showing your leadership skills or Have you in your past lead a team to go on and complete the task ?

There were few other questions which I cant recall. But, the level of difficulty was the same as these questions.
    Phone interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes, where you get a chance to speak up about you and your accomplishments and also the recruiter will share the company details, products and what is that they are expecting from the candidate.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straight and relating to you. So, if you know yourself very well, it should be an easy task for you.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

it was an on campus interview. there were no technical questions asked surprisingly. the interviewer continuously kept typing and feeding in whatever i was saying which was kind of distracting. but it was a good interview. they r still to let me know whether i made it to the next interview or not, which i think is in texas.

Interview Questions

• have u ever taught or tried to explain technical things to a layman, i wasnt prepared fr this one.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus and got an on campus interview. Was told right after the interview that I passed and would be notified with information on the second round interview. The second round interview was also on campus with different stages consisting of a experience Schneider Electric session, Q&A session, Benefits Session, and a Panel Interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to an 8 year old what you do as a Mechanical Engineer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Actually haven't excepted yet.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider Electric (UCLA, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after a university job fair. Interviewer was personable, but read off of a list of online questions and recorded my answers, so it was less of an interview and more of a one on one job application. The questions were mostly on my personality and past projects.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Had first interview on phone. After 2 weeks, was invited to mass hiring interview, with around 15 other applicant for various positions. It was a whole day event, presentation, tours and 2 1hr interviews. Was a fun interactive day and everyone was very friendly. Waiting for a response from them (was told, would take 3 weeks)

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you to be in a field job, away from desk   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2011.

Interview

The interview lasted for like 45 minutes. It was mostly behavioral type questions. some of the eg questions were as follows : how did you react with one of your team member who did not like you, or Have you done anything at your previous jobs that helped the company improve or profitable?

Interview Questions

• how did you react with one of your team member who did not like you.   1 Answer
    • Have you done anything at your previous jobs that helped the company improve or profitable?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Chennai (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

on campus, group discussion, then personal interview. there are two personal interviews. one with technical manager and one with HR. They are mostly about technical ability like mechanical design capabilities and simulation softwares that you know. for e;g:- Ansys .
    They asked basic heat transfer questions and some from my project work.
    Then HR interview was like normal questions that you expect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be sure about your technical abilities. You will get through.