Schneider Electric

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Advanced Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2014.

First Round: On Campus or Phone Interview
    Second Interview:
    -Flown to Nashville, TN.
    -Interviews were with half of all potential candidates. Engineering Sales and Operations were being interviewed at the same time.
    -Dinner at night, executive speaker and drinks at the hotel bar/restaurant.
    -Next day is a tour and two 1:1 interviews with hiring managers, along with a benefits presentation and a panel consisting of current ADPs.
    Decision: Reached decision within a week for all candidates

Interview Questions
    Set salary for all ADPs. No negotiation available. Salary was competitive.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Kind of long process. One evening for dinner in Tennessee and induction and interviews on the following day. There were more than 150 people. I'm not sure how many positions were available though. Had to go through three rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Not many technical questions. But you'll be out of answers before you meet the third interviewer because the questions all sound the same just rephrased. Mostly told I might be overqualified   View Answer

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2012.

First round was 1:1 with HR. It covered the usual behavioral questions and they were very friendly.
    Second round they have you take an online test then fly you out to one of their locations. There was a full day consisting of a tour, speakers, and three more interviews. One of these covered technical/professional aspects of the job so know your stuff. The job description will tell you what areas to study up on. Everyone was very pleasant and easy to talk to and it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • You are managing a production line when half of your workers don't show up one day. What do you do?   View Answer
    • You are finding defects in your raw materials/outsourced parts. What do you do?   View Answer

Location

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2012.

2 rounds of interviews, on campus and then on site. Site interviews had more than one round of interviews with a dinner included with hotel accomidations

Interview Questions
    • None. All were typical and the focus was less technical and more on building a relationship with the interviewee   Answer Question
    given good background credentials, negotiation within 5% of offer was granted

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2012.

The interview process was a lot faster than most companies I've dealt with. The recruiter from Chicago called me for a phone screening, then 2 days later set me up for a phone interview. After the phone interview, the hiring manager (Controller) wanted me to come in for a face-to-face (I live 2 hours away) and I ended up going about 9 days later. Interviewed with 5 people, the Controller, two other controllers, one department co-worker, and a business development guy that worked closely with the person in this position. Interviews went very well, unfortunately I just didn't have enough experience for the "Senior" level

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions. Standard interview and get-to-know-you questions   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The HRs are very nice and professional. The whole interview process was very comforting and it went well. I've got the chance to talk to a few interviewees and we all feel that this company really does a great job in its hiring process.

I wanted to work in or near a big city but the job location offered to me was not.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in July 2012.

You will see an HR person, the Hiring Manager of course and one or two peers of the Hiring process. This was done in the same conference room as I sat in the same seat for almost three to four hours straight. I did ask to use the restroom and one interviewer (finally) offered me a bottle of water.

Interview Questions
    • They focused on getting competitive/market information from me. There was some situational questions, but for the most part, the interviewers were not very trained in interviewing techniques in my opinion.   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate - it was take this or leave it. I took it.

Test Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2011.

Had an on-campus interview. There were no real technical questions; I was not required to write any code. I was mostly asked about my experience in classes and with projects at school, and how I would approach a particular problem. The interviewer was mostly concerned if I am a serious and a responsible person who is eager to learn. After this, I was required to complete a timed online test, testing my knowledge in different areas, ranging from history to mathematics. I thought I did not do that well, but I don't think it mattered. It was just a part of a process. After 2 weeks I got invited for a on-site interview. Again, there were no technical questions. I was introduced to the boss and my future co-workers. Shortly after that I got an internship offer.

It was an internship, so there was no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2011.

I initially saw the posting on Indeed.com. Applied and never heard back. A month later I still saw the posting and began to contact HR contacts internal at Schneider. Eventually I received a call to set up an interview. I had one interview with the person who would be (is) my boss and the other was a consultant who works with the team.

The interviews were about 45 minutes each over the phone. Great questions, technical and review type questions. Very personable people and enthusiastic about their roles and the company. These interviews sold me on the job and I was excited to hear back from them.

It took about 3 weeks from the first interview to get the offer.

Seems like a great company, great mgmt and a great opportunity to grow my career.

Interview Questions
    • Basic review of resume then technical questions related to my skillset.   Answer Question
    Yes, fair and competitive compensation.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2011.

This was a preliminary phone interview through my campus career center. It went very smoothly mostly consisting of simple questions and 4 complex behavioral questions. Was very conversational and recruiter quickly put me at ease. I have accepted a second round interview, and will update when the outcome of that is known. Would like a little more information on the position, had to get most of it from the recruiter.