Schneider Electric

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Initial meeting at campus career fair, follow up one-on-one interview the next day. Second round interview at a larger branch. Both interviews were primarily behavioral based. It took two full days to complete the second round (regional) interview, as the first day included dinner and a talk from some higher level management; the second day included an office tour, explanation of benefits and a panel interview; most panels were only two or three members, however.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were not able to fix a problem. Why were you not able to? What did you wind up doing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is limited for a new hire out of college, but they offer more than fair benefits to begin with.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career center, had one interview there and then moved onto a regional final interview event. The first interview just went over my resume with a few other questions about achievements in college. The final interview consisted of a panel interview, a case study (more of an activity to see how you work with others).

Interview Question – Describe a complex process to a four year old.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – I did this interview at my university's campus. It was a one-on-one interview. The person interviewing me was a Plant Manager, so she wasn't too familiar with the position I was interviewing for. It was all behavioral questions. The interviewer spent most of the time taking notes of my responses, but she was very helpful in answering my questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a decision you made that had a huge impact on your life this year, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2013.

Interview Details – nothing difficult, just need engineering background

Negotiation Details – always negotiate your starting salary, the base might not go up, but the starting salary might (signing bonus).

Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Was given a campus interview after career fair. Very easy interesting, conversional type. Then they came to our school and gave me a final round interview at the University. They told us about who they were and why we should work for them. Final round interviews were more or less the same as the first round, no technical questions just basic HR questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult very standard questions.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initially started with a 1:1 interview at my university with a local recruiter. Was referred and received an invite to attend a undergraduate recruiting event in a nearby city.

Went to an Undergraduate Recruiting event and arrived the day before the interviews were to be performed. The night of my arrival, there was a dinner at which there was a speech about the company in general as well as time to talk with the fellow candidates and a few employees they stationed at each table. The employees were available and friendly, seeming to emphasize how the people of the company make it great; while also mentioning the importance of the task at hand. The following day was one filled with a 2 on 1 interview (where the two employees asked me questions specifically targeted at my resume), plant tour, presentations (benefits, more about Schneider Electric, etc), and a Q&A with the recruiter to answer more general questions (not ones targeted towards job position, requirements, etc). We were also supplied lunch (breakfast had been optional). Both days were hosted in the hotel where all the candidates were staying, making it very convenient to get prepared. The culture seemed to be hugely influenced by the fellow employees.

Interview Question – Explain a situation when you tackled a practical problem with real-life results.   View Answer

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2012.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews, on campus and then on site. Site interviews had more than one round of interviews with a dinner included with hotel accomidations

Interview Question – None. All were typical and the focus was less technical and more on building a relationship with the interviewee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – given good background credentials, negotiation within 5% of offer was granted

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2012.

Interview Details – Flew out to Chicago after 1:1 campus interview. Had a dinner with all the hiring managers and a chance to speak with everyone at the bar afterwards. Next day consisted of 3 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you needed to manage your time   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was very interactive and you learn a lot about the company and the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question
  • Give me a time where you had to make a decision that not everyone agreed to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If offered a position they will give you a call and tell you about the offer and the benefits. Then they give you time to decide as best they can to accommodate your employment deadlines.

Interviewed at Schneider Electric

Interview Details – I was one of the go green in the city winners so I was automatically considered for a phone interview. The call took around 20 minutes started off by asking about my current situation, whether or not I have graduated then I was asked about my preferred position and I chose Sales Engineer. I was supposed to receive a follow up call by them but it never happened.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schneider Electric

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Electric Videos

Schneider Electric – Why Work for Us?

The global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric comprises more than 140,000 employees working in 100+ countries. Schneider Electric has a 177-year legacy of innovation, international scope, and corporate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider Electric Sales Engineer interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schneider Electric employees and interview candidates.