Schneider Electric

2.8

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Initial meeting at campus career fair, follow up one-on-one interview the next day. Second round interview at a larger branch. Both interviews were primarily behavioral based. It took two full days to complete the second round (regional) interview, as the first day included dinner and a talk from some higher level management; the second day included an office tour, explanation of benefits and a panel interview; most panels were only two or three members, however.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were not able to fix a problem. Why were you not able to? What did you wind up doing?   Answer Question
Negotiation is limited for a new hire out of college, but they offer more than fair benefits to begin with.

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Applied through campus career center, had one interview there and then moved onto a regional final interview event. The first interview just went over my resume with a few other questions about achievements in college. The final interview consisted of a panel interview, a case study (more of an activity to see how you work with others).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

I did this interview at my university's campus. It was a one-on-one interview. The person interviewing me was a Plant Manager, so she wasn't too familiar with the position I was interviewing for. It was all behavioral questions. The interviewer spent most of the time taking notes of my responses, but she was very helpful in answering my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a decision you made that had a huge impact on your life this year, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Was given a campus interview after career fair. Very easy interesting, conversional type. Then they came to our school and gave me a final round interview at the University. They told us about who they were and why we should work for them. Final round interviews were more or less the same as the first round, no technical questions just basic HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult very standard questions.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2013.

Initially started with a 1:1 interview at my university with a local recruiter. Was referred and received an invite to attend a undergraduate recruiting event in a nearby city.

Went to an Undergraduate Recruiting event and arrived the day before the interviews were to be performed. The night of my arrival, there was a dinner at which there was a speech about the company in general as well as time to talk with the fellow candidates and a few employees they stationed at each table. The employees were available and friendly, seeming to emphasize how the people of the company make it great; while also mentioning the importance of the task at hand. The following day was one filled with a 2 on 1 interview (where the two employees asked me questions specifically targeted at my resume), plant tour, presentations (benefits, more about Schneider Electric, etc), and a Q&A with the recruiter to answer more general questions (not ones targeted towards job position, requirements, etc). We were also supplied lunch (breakfast had been optional). Both days were hosted in the hotel where all the candidates were staying, making it very convenient to get prepared. The culture seemed to be hugely influenced by the fellow employees.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation when you tackled a practical problem with real-life results.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2013.

nothing difficult, just need engineering background

always negotiate your starting salary, the base might not go up, but the starting salary might (signing bonus).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2012.

2 rounds of interviews, on campus and then on site. Site interviews had more than one round of interviews with a dinner included with hotel accomidations

Interview Questions
    • None. All were typical and the focus was less technical and more on building a relationship with the interviewee   Answer Question
    given good background credentials, negotiation within 5% of offer was granted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2012.

Flew out to Chicago after 1:1 campus interview. Had a dinner with all the hiring managers and a chance to speak with everyone at the bar afterwards. Next day consisted of 3 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2012.

It was very interactive and you learn a lot about the company and the culture of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to make a decision that not everyone agreed to.   Answer Question
    If offered a position they will give you a call and tell you about the offer and the benefits. Then they give you time to decide as best they can to accommodate your employment deadlines.

Sales Engineer Interview

I was one of the go green in the city winners so I was automatically considered for a phone interview. The call took around 20 minutes started off by asking about my current situation, whether or not I have graduated then I was asked about my preferred position and I chose Sales Engineer. I was supposed to receive a follow up call by them but it never happened.