Schneider Electric

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2013.

Interview Details – nothing difficult, just need engineering background

Negotiation Details – always negotiate your starting salary, the base might not go up, but the starting salary might (signing bonus).

Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Was given a campus interview after career fair. Very easy interesting, conversional type. Then they came to our school and gave me a final round interview at the University. They told us about who they were and why we should work for them. Final round interviews were more or less the same as the first round, no technical questions just basic HR questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult very standard questions.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initially started with a 1:1 interview at my university with a local recruiter. Was referred and received an invite to attend a undergraduate recruiting event in a nearby city.

Went to an Undergraduate Recruiting event and arrived the day before the interviews were to be performed. The night of my arrival, there was a dinner at which there was a speech about the company in general as well as time to talk with the fellow candidates and a few employees they stationed at each table. The employees were available and friendly, seeming to emphasize how the people of the company make it great; while also mentioning the importance of the task at hand. The following day was one filled with a 2 on 1 interview (where the two employees asked me questions specifically targeted at my resume), plant tour, presentations (benefits, more about Schneider Electric, etc), and a Q&A with the recruiter to answer more general questions (not ones targeted towards job position, requirements, etc). We were also supplied lunch (breakfast had been optional). Both days were hosted in the hotel where all the candidates were staying, making it very convenient to get prepared. The culture seemed to be hugely influenced by the fellow employees.

Interview Question – Explain a situation when you tackled a practical problem with real-life results.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schneider Electric in November 2012.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews, on campus and then on site. Site interviews had more than one round of interviews with a dinner included with hotel accomidations

Interview Question – None. All were typical and the focus was less technical and more on building a relationship with the interviewee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – given good background credentials, negotiation within 5% of offer was granted

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2012.

Interview Details – Flew out to Chicago after 1:1 campus interview. Had a dinner with all the hiring managers and a chance to speak with everyone at the bar afterwards. Next day consisted of 3 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you needed to manage your time   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was very interactive and you learn a lot about the company and the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question
  • Give me a time where you had to make a decision that not everyone agreed to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If offered a position they will give you a call and tell you about the offer and the benefits. Then they give you time to decide as best they can to accommodate your employment deadlines.

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2013.

Interview Details – They have a four tier process. Initially the aptitude test, followed by a personal interview with the hr, then the technical round, and finally the HR interview. Asked general questions, and some including our knowledge of the company and in technical it was mainly about power devices.

Interview Question – Asked me the characteristics of an SCR and differentiate between SCR and IGBT.   Answer Question

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in August 2009.

Interview Details – Basic stuff, mainly HR

Interview Question – everything standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing to negotiate.

Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Applied online through college site then got an on-campus interview. It was really laid back. I got invited to final interviews and they flew me to Chicago. Everything went really well and everyone was very nice. You have dinner and meet and greet the first night. The next day is long but helpful. You learn about the company and then have 3 1-1 interviews with managers. I declined the offer I received because of location.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They want people who don't mind moving around the country.

Sales Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the hiring manager. Then met with a couple local leaders for an interview offsite. Interview went well.
Met with hiring manager at which time was given an offer. I accepted offer - - compensation package right in line with my needed range. Quick, simple and professional.

Interview Question – What would be your perfect job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiation because their offer was fair and in line with my expectations and needs.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schneider Electric

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Electric Videos

Schneider Electric – Why Work for Us?

The global specialist in energy management, Schneider Electric comprises more than 140,000 employees working in 100+ countries. Schneider Electric has a 177-year legacy of innovation, international scope, and corporate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider Electric Sales Engineer interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schneider Electric employees and interview candidates.