Schneider Electric Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.8

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

I was one of the go green in the city winners so I was automatically considered for a phone interview. The call took around 20 minutes started off by asking about my current situation, whether or not I have graduated then I was asked about my preferred position and I chose Sales Engineer. I was supposed to receive a follow up call by them but it never happened.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Pune (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

They have a four tier process. Initially the aptitude test, followed by a personal interview with the hr, then the technical round, and finally the HR interview. Asked general questions, and some including our knowledge of the company and in technical it was mainly about power devices.

Interview Questions

• Asked me the characteristics of an SCR and differentiate between SCR and IGBT.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Applied online through college site then got an on-campus interview. It was really laid back. I got invited to final interviews and they flew me to Chicago. Everything went really well and everyone was very nice. You have dinner and meet and greet the first night. The next day is long but helpful. You learn about the company and then have 3 1-1 interviews with managers. I declined the offer I received because of location.

Interview Questions

They want people who don't mind moving around the country.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. Then met with a couple local leaders for an interview offsite. Interview went well.
    Met with hiring manager at which time was given an offer. I accepted offer - - compensation package right in line with my needed range. Quick, simple and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation because their offer was fair and in line with my expectations and needs.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2012.

Interview

On campus interview, then flew out to chicago to do multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Verbal acceptance then no more negotiations.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewers spend at least one half of the time allotted with behavioral questions that obviously came directly from an HR book. While these questions are often helpful, their complete lack of conviction demonstrated that this portion of the interview was not at all important to them, but rather something that they were required to do prior to them being able to get to the questions that actually had anything to do with them forming an opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you recognized a need for a newly developed solution and how you dealt with that...   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric in August 2011.

Interview

The first stage of shortlisting was based on a written test which consisted of Aptitude and a technical paper. Based on the short list given there were three rounds of interviews. First round included questions regarding your technical knowledge and any academic projects. Second round included questions which dealt with questions related to your job profile i.e in my case Sales profile. Third round was a HR round where the usual HR questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• There were few questions asked regarding electrical Drives.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schneider Electric in April 2011.

Interview

Had an on campus interview in March(?), which was really informal. No behavioral questions were asked, we just talked a lot. Very easy. Took an online Skills/Personality test (very very easy, but some questions were a bit odd). Got invited to the on site interview in first week of April, which was a two day affair. Had dinner with company reps the night before the interview, which was again an informal affair, serves the purpose of giving applicants an idea of who works for Schneider, what the roles are like, what are some typical career advancement paths, etc. Very laid back, went to the bar afterward. The next day, the on site interview began at 9. It was 3 back to back 1 on 1 interviews, 2 with engineers, 1 with HR. These were a lot more formal with the typical behavioral format (describe a time when you reconciled different viewpoints, etcetc). Nothing technical for sales engineer, though I know if you're applying for a more technical role like Design Engineer they DO ask you technical questions. Everyone I talked to was very laid back and friendly. Heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you convinced someone to change their view?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiated the starting salary. they're definitely open to negotiation. If you're considering the offer, the company sounds like a good place to start with the opportunity to move up really quick. only downside is lack of locational stability, which isn't really a downside if you don't have a fiance/bf/gf and are open to relocating.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2011.

Interview

I got the first interview through career services at my university. The interviewer was friendly and spend a lot of time explaining the position and the company. It took about a month for me to hear that I got a second interview in Nashville. The second interview consisted of 3 one on one interviews of about 45 minutes each. All interviews were pretty standard. No questions really caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• How has your schooling prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2011.

Interview

Applied through university career services site, was originally supposed to be in person but something changed and it became a phone interview. Interviewer called me for an interview. Interviewer was very friendly interview was pretty basic with a few behavioral questions. Asked for salary requirements and discussed the company. Took about 25 minutes.