Schneider Electric Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, then phone interview. Then was called for on campus interview at their office. The interview in their office was a whole day process. For this interview They had people from their teams interview you. There were 4 rounds of interviews at this step and each each round was a technical person. They were really nice and asked specific questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

I had two interview. Both of which were panel-style. The first was technical, where many standard questions were asked in the first half with the last half getting filled with a codility test and discussion.

The second interview was less technical, and seemed to be more about personality and fit. Both interviews lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• While I was prepared for the gamut of questions (which were asked) such as the last good technical book I read, some recent tech that I find interesting, challenges I've overcome, etc, an unexpected question was asked about my pet peeves. Although I wasn't ready for that ahead of time, we explored questions on that subject for a while, times it's come up, how it was handled, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for more. The hiring manager explained the service they used to map skillsets+jobs to salaries and told me that the salary they offered was within that target range. However, I had several pieces of evidence to present which I felt warranted a higher salary. We parted amicably, with the hiring manager thanking me for the research I had done and that he would look into it. About a week later, they contacted me again with a higher offer and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was only HR. No technical stuff

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Providence, RI).

Interview

They took us to dinner, the next day they had a bunch of sessions you had to attend and one of those sessions was the interview with 3 other Schneider electric employees. They did not ask any technical questions just wanted to see your personality I guess.

Interview Questions

• Just asking about your past experience and the things you've learned   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric (North Andover, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

First HR interview , 1 phone screen by project manager and 1 onsite interview

Anonymous Employee in Illinois City, IL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Illinois City, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

after schedule the interview, I had an interview experience with recruit 1 on 1. Mostly, it is about behavior question, such as tell me a time when you had some difficult working project, we spend about 45 mins and every thing looks good, but no second round interview comes somehow.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult project you did and how you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Clovis, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

One phone interview, and one on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have any negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was generic, with basic questions on CSE. They will test your basic CSE knowledge for software interview position. Their initial test is purely aptitude, basic knowledge of aptitude will make you clear this round. 2nd round was basic GD with discussion on basic topics, general knowledge on issues will see you through this round.

Interview Questions

• There was some questions asked in depth on OOPS but only because I had mentioned in my CV.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

First university interview behavioral questions, followed by site interview which was more technical and within 2-3 weeks they will let you know about the offer.

Interview Questions

• easy questions, C++ and some general design questions , more conceptual to see the line of your thoughts. design the user interface with specific requirements..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

3 rounds, 1 telecon, FTF and HR