Schneider Electric

Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider Electric in June 2014.

virtual interview then a phone interview then a final round interview , I am on a final interview . it takes 2 week between each step. be prepare for this . what is the difference between three phase and one phase. what is your house is that one phase or three phase . what is the favorite course in the college and why .

Interview Questions
  • whats is the difference between power factor and reactive power .   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Technical Support Engineer Interview

It was a phone interview and it went really well. The interviewer asked only behavioral questions and they were all HR questions. Very doable!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was if I know anything about the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2013.

I applied through web posting through my university and was scheduled for an interview. Interview was mostly behavioral questions. They basically want to see someone who is passionate about what they do and communicates clearly. I think if they want to pay what is posted on Glassdoor though they should not try to recruit Bachelors degrees; it's Associates degree pay.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult but here's what I remember:
      What is your greatest strength?
      If a load is capacitive is the current lagging or leading?
      What is the key difference between the phases of a three phase system?
      Give me an example of when you have dealt with change.
      Give me an example of a project you did with people of different departments or cultures.
      What are you passionate about?
      What did you like least about Electrical Engineering?
      What do you know about Schneider Electric?
      Of the jobs available does anything stand out to you?
      Do you know what the jobs available involve?
      They also may ask you questions about things on your resume.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Kingston, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Kingston, RI

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2012.

I attended a career fair for a college recruiting consortium where I spoke to representatives from the company and gave them my resume. At the same fair, I was able to have a 20 minute in-person interview. I was then invited to attend a super day but was unable to attend due to a schedule conflict. Several weeks later I submitted my resume online, and I was contacted and asked to come up to the facility for a second round interview. On the day of the interview, I spoke to several managers and I then spent several hours shadowing people while they worked. Everybody there was extremely nice, and there was a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked to tell the interviewers as much information as I knew about electricity.   View Answer

I received a second offer that was more related to what I was interested in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2012.

Recruited on-campus, standard behavioral question none technical. Got invited to a regional event, food the night before and long day of info sessions and interviews the following day.

Interview Questions

not enough salary or relocation money

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2012.

I LOVED the interview\hiring process. I've applied directly through the companies website and got a response 6 month later. I've received an e-mail inviting me for a simple phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple (What do you know about the company?.. Why do you want to work for Schneider?,...etc) They wanted to know if I was fit for the position. 2 Days later they invited me to fly in to their Rhode Island office for an interview. They were pretty fast at booking a flight, arranging a car rental, and booking a hotel room. I've spent 1 night at the hotel and had the interview the next day. The Interview was pretty simple as well with basic resume questions. They also asked some basic technical questions. AC vs DC, Power path from AC wall outlet to the power plant. 1 week later I received a job offer. Overall great experience..

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2012.

I applied through LinkedIn and got an email from the company by following day. Scheduled with phone interview and most of questions were about myself. Such as questions on my resume and my future goals and reflections on past. After the phone interview, recruiter sent me a link to take the online test. It took me about an hour to finish this test. Some portions of test were timed and some were not.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider Electric.

it was an On-Campus recruitment for internship. we had a written round for aptitude and technical skills. aptitude was quite easy, and technical included mainly questions related to electronics, electrical and C.
    after the short list from written round they announced there would be 2 technical interviews and 1 HR,.
    in my 1st technical was all about basics in electronics; simple ones
    2nd was testing our knowledge in C mostly; was a bit difficult

Interview Questions
    • 1.build an inverter.
      2.they asked to rate ourselves in C from 1 to 10.. and if u say 6 or more they say it is very good and they screw u in interview.

Answer Question