Schneider Electric

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2012.

Interview Details – I LOVED the interview\hiring process. I've applied directly through the companies website and got a response 6 month later. I've received an e-mail inviting me for a simple phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple (What do you know about the company?.. Why do you want to work for Schneider?,...etc) They wanted to know if I was fit for the position. 2 Days later they invited me to fly in to their Rhode Island office for an interview. They were pretty fast at booking a flight, arranging a car rental, and booking a hotel room. I've spent 1 night at the hotel and had the interview the next day. The Interview was pretty simple as well with basic resume questions. They also asked some basic technical questions. AC vs DC, Power path from AC wall outlet to the power plant. 1 week later I received a job offer. Overall great experience..

Very Easy Interview

Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in September 2012.

Interview Details – Recruited on-campus, standard behavioral question none technical. Got invited to a regional event, food the night before and long day of info sessions and interviews the following day.

Interview Question – Proudest accomplishment from the past year?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough salary or relocation money

Interviewed at Schneider Electric

Interview Details – It was a phone interview and it went really well. The interviewer asked only behavioral questions and they were all HR questions. Very doable!

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked was if I know anything about the company.   Answer Question

Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through web posting through my university and was scheduled for an interview. Interview was mostly behavioral questions. They basically want to see someone who is passionate about what they do and communicates clearly. I think if they want to pay what is posted on Glassdoor though they should not try to recruit Bachelors degrees; it's Associates degree pay.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult but here's what I remember:
What is your greatest strength?
If a load is capacitive is the current lagging or leading?
What is the key difference between the phases of a three phase system?
Give me an example of when you have dealt with change.
Give me an example of a project you did with people of different departments or cultures.
What are you passionate about?
What did you like least about Electrical Engineering?
What do you know about Schneider Electric?
Of the jobs available does anything stand out to you?
Do you know what the jobs available involve?
They also may ask you questions about things on your resume.
  Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through LinkedIn and got an email from the company by following day. Scheduled with phone interview and most of questions were about myself. Such as questions on my resume and my future goals and reflections on past. After the phone interview, recruiter sent me a link to take the online test. It took me about an hour to finish this test. Some portions of test were timed and some were not.

Interview Questions

West Kingston, RI

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider Electric in October 2012.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair for a college recruiting consortium where I spoke to representatives from the company and gave them my resume. At the same fair, I was able to have a 20 minute in-person interview. I was then invited to attend a super day but was unable to attend due to a schedule conflict. Several weeks later I submitted my resume online, and I was contacted and asked to come up to the facility for a second round interview. On the day of the interview, I spoke to several managers and I then spent several hours shadowing people while they worked. Everybody there was extremely nice, and there was a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – I got asked to tell the interviewers as much information as I knew about electricity.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received a second offer that was more related to what I was interested in

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview Details – it was an On-Campus recruitment for internship. we had a written round for aptitude and technical skills. aptitude was quite easy, and technical included mainly questions related to electronics, electrical and C.
after the short list from written round they announced there would be 2 technical interviews and 1 HR,.
in my 1st technical was all about basics in electronics; simple ones
2nd was testing our knowledge in C mostly; was a bit difficult

Interview Question – 1.build an inverter.
2.they asked to rate ourselves in C from 1 to 10.. and if u say 6 or more they say it is very good and they screw u in interview.
  Answer Question

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!