Schneider Inside Sales Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was long and they asked millions of questions. I had 5 people interviewed me, like I was applying for a GM position. They put me in a small 5x5 room and the interview started were each manager came in and asked me the same questions over and over again. You could tell they have never had an interviewed people before.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then in-person 3-step interview. I arrived on site and spoke with two managers who asked a series of behavioral based questions. Then I spoke with another gentleman who was higher up in the company. I was asked more broad questions about my experience and what I was looking for. Finally I had a chance to sit on the sales floor and observe day-to-day operations.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were behavioral based. All were challenging.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schneider (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

i interviewed in the Dallas office near downtown and the office was very dull and was surrounded by other offices on the same floor. The questions were typical of those you would expect in the sales job interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question for me was "What do you like to do for fun?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Selective process they were very nice a but very specific about what type of employee they were looking for. I could tell these guys were sales people right away. Very outgoing with a lot of confidence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met a sales manager and sales representative at my school's career fair. The next day I had am interview scheduled with the two gentleman that I met the previous day. They then asked me at the end of the interview if I wanted to continue with the process to then submit my resume and information through their online careers website. I did that and an HR person contacted me within a few days after that. I was at Schneider's office in Chicago for my final interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with two account managers. They were somewhat standoffish, very serious and very professional. And after an hour and a half interview I left and a few days later the HR person called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were just really normal behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?   Answer Question

I had other opportunities available at my disposal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview 15-20 minutes long 2nd Phone Interview 45-60 minutes long In-person Interview 1hr -2hrs long

Interview Questions

• How do we know you are up to the Challenge? How do we know you will stay with the company and not get bored?   1 Answer

Different company had better offer

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider.

Interview

Typical process, phone and then face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation and wish I held out for another opportunity. I've since left for a better logistics opportunity

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Evanston, IL).

Interview

My resume was passed along as an employee referral. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call, did a phone interview, did a one-on-one interview, and later received a phone call offering me the position. I didn't find the interview to be especially difficult since I understand how brokering and logistics work. After accepting the position, the company had me pee in a cup test to make sure I know how to pass a pee test. Success!

Negotiation

None. It was a 35k base for one year. After a year, you're expected to make money with all the freight you move...or try to move.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to the job online and heard back from a human resources generalist about a week later. They arranged for a 30 minute phone interview, where they asked a number of questions about my background and interest in the position. Be prepared to explain your interest in the job, because it seemed crucial. Also, have several questions prepared before the interview begins, and spend some time researching the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult decision you had to make, and how the outcome effected you personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was with a recruiter from Chicago; conversation was mostly about my leadership potential, and upward mobility with the company. Admin Assistant with the Dallas office then called me and we scheduled a day and time for a group interview. Admin Assistant then sent me an email to confirm. Note to future candidates: The building has a very confusing layout, and parking in the garage was confusing as well, give yourself an extra 30 min. to find a parking space and find the Schneider Office in the building.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deliver bad news to a customer? How did you do it?   1 Answer

The two team leaders showed up to interview me wearing T-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes, while I came in a suit, this seems very unprofessional on their part. After about 40 min. of Q & A it became apparent that they were more interested in running a call center (generating business thru cold calling) and the overall depth of their logistics knowledge was very very limited at best.