Schneider Inside Sales Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
11 interviews

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Schneider in June 2014.

i interviewed in the Dallas office near downtown and the office was very dull and was surrounded by other offices on the same floor. The questions were typical of those you would expect in the sales job interview.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question for me was "What do you like to do for fun?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Met a sales manager and sales representative at my school's career fair. The next day I had am interview scheduled with the two gentleman that I met the previous day. They then asked me at the end of the interview if I wanted to continue with the process to then submit my resume and information through their online careers website. I did that and an HR person contacted me within a few days after that. I was at Schneider's office in Chicago for my final interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with two account managers. They were somewhat standoffish, very serious and very professional. And after an hour and a half interview I left and a few days later the HR person called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were just really normal behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?   Answer Question

I had other opportunities available at my disposal.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in June 2013.

Brief Phone Interview 15-20 minutes long
    2nd Phone Interview 45-60 minutes long
    In-person Interview 1hr -2hrs long

Interview Questions
    • How do we know you are up to the Challenge? How do we know you will stay with the company and not get bored?   View Answer

Different company had better offer

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider.

Typical process, phone and then face to face

Interview Questions
    No negotiation and wish I held out for another opportunity. I've since left for a better logistics opportunity

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

My resume was passed along as an employee referral. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call, did a phone interview, did a one-on-one interview, and later received a phone call offering me the position. I didn't find the interview to be especially difficult since I understand how brokering and logistics work. After accepting the position, the company had me pee in a cup test to make sure I know how to pass a pee test. Success!

None. It was a 35k base for one year. After a year, you're expected to make money with all the freight you move...or try to move.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider in April 2012.

I applied to the job online and heard back from a human resources generalist about a week later. They arranged for a 30 minute phone interview, where they asked a number of questions about my background and interest in the position. Be prepared to explain your interest in the job, because it seemed crucial. Also, have several questions prepared before the interview begins, and spend some time researching the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult decision you had to make, and how the outcome effected you personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Phone interview was with a recruiter from Chicago; conversation was mostly about my leadership potential, and upward mobility with the company. Admin Assistant with the Dallas office then called me and we scheduled a day and time for a group interview. Admin Assistant then sent me an email to confirm. Note to future candidates: The building has a very confusing layout, and parking in the garage was confusing as well, give yourself an extra 30 min. to find a parking space and find the Schneider Office in the building.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deliver bad news to a customer? How did you do it?   View Answer

The two team leaders showed up to interview me wearing T-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes, while I came in a suit, this seems very unprofessional on their part. After about 40 min. of Q & A it became apparent that they were more interested in running a call center (generating business thru cold calling) and the overall depth of their logistics knowledge was very very limited at best.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider in October 2010.

Applied online on company website. Received a phone call 3 days later to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked very basic questions about resume, nothing difficult or unexpected. Received an email several days informing me that I would not be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you experienced a conflict with a co-worker. How was this conflict resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in December 2010.

Interview was in depth and involved good interview questions and interviewers. The lady from H.R. was fantastic and the process is not bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do over again if you could?   Answer Question
    • Will you work for blank because this is what the job pays for everyone?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Terrible process. People I met with were awful

Interview Questions

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!