Schneider Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then in-person 3-step interview. I arrived on site and spoke with two managers who asked a series of behavioral based questions. Then I spoke with another gentleman who was higher up in the company. I was asked more broad questions about my experience and what I was looking for. Finally I had a chance to sit on the sales floor and observe day-to-day operations.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were behavioral based. All were challenging.   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. After the phone interview received the go ahead for a in person interview which consists of three interviewers. Company never called back. I have no problem with not getting the job but no return call to inform me of their decision is really unprofessional. If someone takes time out of their day to interview you can take the time to at the very least inform them of your decision.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 2-3 weeks from the day they first called me and that morning the interviewer called me. Some of the questions asked are below, nothing much was asked beyond those questions besides things like if transportation would be an issue and general qualification questions. After the interview about two weeks went by before I got an email saying I wouldn't be going farther in the process.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schneider in February 2015.

Interview

First was an initial phone interview with HR (lasted 30 min), second was another phone interview with hiring manager (lasted 45 min) and third was a face-to-face interview with three individuals at once (lasted about an hour).

Everyone has their own interviewing process but the questions asked didn't really pertain to the job nor how my past experiences can contribute to the position. The questions were fairly easy but I was asked multiple at the same time. It seemed like they were trying to intimidate me and make me feel uncomfortable (most likely to see how I respond). At one point the interviewer said (kind of laughing) I'm playing stump the interviewer. I left this interview thinking that this might not be a place I want to work.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to think on your feet and make a spontaneous decision? How did the decision pan out?   Answer Question
    • What type of person do you find hardest to work with? Why? And how do you make it work?   Answer Question

Imaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

I just started the interview process. I had a phone interview and the lady was so very nice. I was made to feel very comfortable even though I was extremely nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle working with people that you don't get along with.   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Interview

Interview

Took a phone interview on which they scheduled and in person interview two carrier sales managers I was not impressed. From my understanding they wanted the world, but didn't want to pay.

Better opportunity came across,

Account Sales/Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was approached at a campus recruiting event at the University I attended. First, I took a phone interview that took 20 minutes. The phone interview included basic behavioral interview questions such as what are your goals, previous job experience, and the tell me about a time when...

After the phone interview, I was invited for an on-site interview. I was interviewed with two sales associates and was asked questions about my previous job experience, why i thought I was a good fit for the sales role, and in what situations I have shown leadership skills.

I was offered a job following that interview about a week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you have faced a complex situation/faced with a difficult challenge that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Driver Business Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider.

Interview

Applied online. Process moves quickly, someone from office of opening will contact you and explain that someone from HR will call for a phone screening. HR does screening and quickly relays the information back to Recruiter or Division Manager within office. Time is set and the interview process takes about 3-5 hours with about 2-4 interviews. Questions are behavioral based and even do role playing scenarios in each interview. After being drained from answering all the questions, you may get an invite to go to lunch. After that you will be free to go, but as mentioned expect the process to be lengthy and thorough.

Interview Questions

• A role playing scenario will be presented usually in the form of working with someone who has a poor attitude, doesn't want to listen, or is just being difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Simply take it or leave it because Schneider's budget "doesn't allow for it"

OTR Driver (Tanker) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Schneider (Columbia, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Questions on driving experience, schools/training, driving record, employment history. They are very up front with you they tell you about the position the pros & cons & ask you if you're comfortable before moving on to the next topic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation hired as a mid-level experienced driver

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

First there is a basic phone interview. It lasted about 25 minutes. They asked mostly past experience and behavioral questions. Then there was a panel interview if you pass through the first interview.

Received another job offer from a different company that I accepted.