Schneider

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Sales Account Executive Interview

Logistics Sales Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was a basic behavioral interview. Next day was invited for face-to-face. 2 panel interview: more basic behavioral questions. Then I spent time with an employee on the call floor. He explained how things worked, didn't really seem to dig his job. Following day was offered job.

Reason for Declining – 35k base salary with no negotiations

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Supply Chain Specialist
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Hour phone interview and hour in-person interview at office. The managers interviewing me seems pretty unprofessional. The woman refused to answer any of my questions and directed her manager to do so. The entire time he was putting down his team saying some of them are "not so smart". I heard back a response fairly quickly because they were looking to hire someone asap. Overall, I found the experience extremely negative and this office seems to be a place where I would be unhappy to work at.

Interview Question – None really. I was told the interview would be behavioral based and it was not.   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Interview

Carrier Sales
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and an in person interview with 2 managers

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Carrier Sales Executive Interview

Carrier Sales Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – The entire process (phone and in person interview) took a total of two weeks. Interviewers were super friendly.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – On campus interview one on one. Got back to me right away set up next interview in office. Had to fill out some paper work and apply for job online previous to interview. Question regarding how much salary you expect to earn. Office interivew was two on one. Was more of a conversation then an interview, basic behavioral questions. Asked about previous sales experience, what motivates me etc. Good people and company just the pay that was lacking for me.

Interview Question – Asked about salary.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Logistics Account Executive

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – I met with Schneider at a career fair at my university. We talked about the role and I handed over my resume. I received a call later that week to set up an initial phone interview, which led to another about 2 weeks after. The third one was about a month after my second. The offer came the next day. Very standard interview questions.

Interview Question – I didn't really struggle with any one question. The guys were very personable and a lot of fun to talk with.   Answer Question

Dedicated Driver Interview

Dedicated Driver

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Schneider needs drivers and is very aggressive in their recruitment. They do a thorough background check, health, work history, DMV etc. There isnt much of a interview process its more of meeting paper/legal requirements at that point they will pretty much say or do anything to get you on as a driver.

Interview Question – Really wasnt one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Schneider trumped mileage, training pay, truck models etc so there wasnt much negotiating .Problem is after hire they didnt come through on promises.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Logistics Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Very straight forward phone interview then a one on one interview. Interview questions were most behavioral based. No technical questions were asked. They brought me in and show me what i was going to do. Then we talked about if i was interested and when i could start. We talked wages not much can be done.

Interview Question – Name a difficult situation you were able to resolve.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Met a sales manager and sales representative at my school's career fair. The next day I had am interview scheduled with the two gentleman that I met the previous day. They then asked me at the end of the interview if I wanted to continue with the process to then submit my resume and information through their online careers website. I did that and an HR person contacted me within a few days after that. I was at Schneider's office in Chicago for my final interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with two account managers. They were somewhat standoffish, very serious and very professional. And after an hour and a half interview I left and a few days later the HR person called me and offered me the job.

Interview Question – The questions were just really normal behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had other opportunities available at my disposal.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in September 2013.

Interview Details – Schneider contacted me a couple days after applying and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview went great and lasted about 30 minutes! A couple days later received a call from a recruiter to come back for an in person interview.

The in person interview was awful. It's a panel interview with 3 "middle" management individuals that lasted an hour. Their questions were ridiculous! Who asks something like "what do you do to motivate people"? I'm interviewing for a Customer Service position, not a managment position. I have never had to motivate people!

Anyway, the interview was very intimidating and it felt like they were trying to break me. They weren't even interested in getting to know me as a worker or individual...just supid behavioral questions that are not related to the job.

I ended up accepting another position with a better Company for more pay.

Schneider also never got back to me.

Interview Question – What do you do to motivate people?   Answer Question

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!