Schneider Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
58 interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Met a sales manager and sales representative at my school's career fair. The next day I had am interview scheduled with the two gentleman that I met the previous day. They then asked me at the end of the interview if I wanted to continue with the process to then submit my resume and information through their online careers website. I did that and an HR person contacted me within a few days after that. I was at Schneider's office in Chicago for my final interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with two account managers. They were somewhat standoffish, very serious and very professional. And after an hour and a half interview I left and a few days later the HR person called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were just really normal behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?   Answer Question

I had other opportunities available at my disposal.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Terrible process. People I met with were awful

Driver Business Leader Interview

Initial contact was made by corporate recruiter after online application process. After that it was a phone interview with recruiter. Based on scheduling and distance restrictions, next interview was with manager onsite. Offer was made a few days later via phone and offer letter was sent shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • This being a management position, most of the questions were based off of prior management experience.   Answer Question

Drivers Business Leader Interview

First is an initial phone interview. If you do well, then they will ask you to come meet face to face with a few people. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and about leadership. They are very straight forward in their hiring process and fairly quick at getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Schneider has a standard interview process. Apply on line. Phone interview if you are external canadate. Then usually one interview with a 3 person pannel. The pannel interview is usually about 90 minutes for management roles.

Interview Questions
    Internal interview, no negotiation.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Schneider in September 2010.

The Human Resources manager was a joke. He was not even in the room for most of the interview. The manager that I interviewed with seemed very knowledgable and was a pleasure to speak to. She took me around to meet the other managers and many of the key employees.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Schneider?   View Answer
    Did they make you an offer? Decline it, tell them to triple it, hive the HR rep the finger and run away! It is NOT WORTH IT!!!

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in July 2012.

First of all you will start off by filling out an application online. If you meet their initial criteria they will eventually conduct a phone interview. Next is a drug test and a DOT physical. When you pass that you will get a conditional job offer that is contingent on your background check. Training is as required which may entail any required classroom training and lastly any required driving training. Successfully completing all of the process means you have a job with SNBC.

You may be able to get a higher pay rate if you negotiate well but other than that they have a pay scale that they try to stick to.

Regional Inter-modal Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Application submission and if accepted then an interview for a driver, and I don 't have any knowledge of the managment side hiring process. The company will help you acquire a class A CDL if you don't have one at the time of application. If you choose this route you will be interviewed and hired on a tentative basis at the completion of CDL training, typically a 3 week process. The school will be payed for by the company if you complete it and remain employed for 1 year.

Interview Questions
    As an unexperienced driver there were no negotiations. Experienced hires may be able to negotiate where they fall in the driver pay schedule.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider.

Typical process, phone and then face to face

Interview Questions
    No negotiation and wish I held out for another opportunity. I've since left for a better logistics opportunity

Company Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider in September 2012.

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter. Easy to get in as long as you can prove you are a good safe driver with a clean criminal and DRUG FREE background. Company checks driving record and screens with DOT urine and hair follicle.
    2 week process over the phone with recruiter (I was still with another company so they worked with my schedule) 3 week training: week1 greyhound bus to Green Bay,WI for classroom and skills. Hotel rooms are double booked- I had a roommate. Week2 greyhound to Chicago more classroom for the week with hard skills in the truck . Private hotel room. Week3 out with a training engineer and driving on real loads. Trainers are nice people, supportive and informative.

Interview Questions

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!