Schneider

56 candidate interviews

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Schneider

Interview Details – Schneider has a standard interview process. Apply on line. Phone interview if you are external canadate. Then usually one interview with a 3 person pannel. The pannel interview is usually about 90 minutes for management roles.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internal interview, no negotiation.

Inside Sales Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Terrible process. People I met with were awful

Interview Question – Irrelevant questions about previous work experience   Answer Question

Driver Business Leader Interview

Driver Business Leader

Interviewed at Schneider

Interview Details – Initial contact was made by corporate recruiter after online application process. After that it was a phone interview with recruiter. Based on scheduling and distance restrictions, next interview was with manager onsite. Offer was made a few days later via phone and offer letter was sent shortly after.

Interview Question – This being a management position, most of the questions were based off of prior management experience.   Answer Question

Drivers Business Leader Interview

Drivers Business Leader

Interviewed at Schneider

Interview Details – First is an initial phone interview. If you do well, then they will ask you to come meet face to face with a few people. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and about leadership. They are very straight forward in their hiring process and fairly quick at getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Question – When was there a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Met a sales manager and sales representative at my school's career fair. The next day I had am interview scheduled with the two gentleman that I met the previous day. They then asked me at the end of the interview if I wanted to continue with the process to then submit my resume and information through their online careers website. I did that and an HR person contacted me within a few days after that. I was at Schneider's office in Chicago for my final interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with two account managers. They were somewhat standoffish, very serious and very professional. And after an hour and a half interview I left and a few days later the HR person called me and offered me the job.

Interview Question – The questions were just really normal behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had other opportunities available at my disposal.

Inside Sales Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Typical process, phone and then face to face

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation and wish I held out for another opportunity. I've since left for a better logistics opportunity

Truck Driver Interview

Truck Driver
Fontana, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring is complicated; you need a comprehensive list of all employers and places you have lived for the past ten years. My best recommendation is to go get a free credit report, and it usually lists that info on there. After you fill out the application, you will get called up by a recruiter to do an over the phone interview, and they will set up a work physical. This is pretty basic stuff, you need to be able to lift with your legs, move a small crate, safely get into and out of the back of a trailer while maintaining 3 points of contact, and be able to duckwalk under a trailer.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected QUESTIONS, really. In training they expected you to be able to do a 90 back, which was never so much as mentioned at the driving school I attended. But they taught it, and I was able to get the hang of it easily enough.   Answer Question

Company Driver Interview

Company Driver
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by a recruiter. Easy to get in as long as you can prove you are a good safe driver with a clean criminal and DRUG FREE background. Company checks driving record and screens with DOT urine and hair follicle.
2 week process over the phone with recruiter (I was still with another company so they worked with my schedule) 3 week training: week1 greyhound bus to Green Bay,WI for classroom and skills. Hotel rooms are double booked- I had a roommate. Week2 greyhound to Chicago more classroom for the week with hard skills in the truck . Private hotel room. Week3 out with a training engineer and driving on real loads. Trainers are nice people, supportive and informative.

Interview Question – Don't be late to class. Drive slow and careful.   Answer Question

Regional Inter-modal Truck Driver Interview

Regional Inter-modal Truck Driver
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Application submission and if accepted then an interview for a driver, and I don 't have any knowledge of the managment side hiring process. The company will help you acquire a class A CDL if you don't have one at the time of application. If you choose this route you will be interviewed and hired on a tentative basis at the completion of CDL training, typically a 3 week process. The school will be payed for by the company if you complete it and remain employed for 1 year.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an unexperienced driver there were no negotiations. Experienced hires may be able to negotiate where they fall in the driver pay schedule.

OTR Driver Interview

OTR Driver
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in July 2012.

Interview Details – First of all you will start off by filling out an application online. If you meet their initial criteria they will eventually conduct a phone interview. Next is a drug test and a DOT physical. When you pass that you will get a conditional job offer that is contingent on your background check. Training is as required which may entail any required classroom training and lastly any required driving training. Successfully completing all of the process means you have a job with SNBC.

Negotiation Details – You may be able to get a higher pay rate if you negotiate well but other than that they have a pay scale that they try to stick to.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schneider

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider Videos

Schneider – Why Work for Us?

Schneider delivers. Schneider hauls freight and lots of it. In fact, our drivers move nearly 11,000 loads each day. We carry merchandise and materials for two-thirds of the Fortune 500 companies — meaning we have a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schneider employees and interview candidates.