Schneider

Schneider Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

Account Manager Interview

Schneider has a standard interview process. Apply on line. Phone interview if you are external canadate. Then usually one interview with a 3 person pannel. The pannel interview is usually about 90 minutes for management roles.

Interview Questions
    Internal interview, no negotiation.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider.

Terrible process. People I met with were awful

Driver Business Leader Interview

Initial contact was made by corporate recruiter after online application process. After that it was a phone interview with recruiter. Based on scheduling and distance restrictions, next interview was with manager onsite. Offer was made a few days later via phone and offer letter was sent shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • This being a management position, most of the questions were based off of prior management experience.   Answer Question

Drivers Business Leader Interview

First is an initial phone interview. If you do well, then they will ask you to come meet face to face with a few people. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and about leadership. They are very straight forward in their hiring process and fairly quick at getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schneider.

Met a sales manager and sales representative at my school's career fair. The next day I had am interview scheduled with the two gentleman that I met the previous day. They then asked me at the end of the interview if I wanted to continue with the process to then submit my resume and information through their online careers website. I did that and an HR person contacted me within a few days after that. I was at Schneider's office in Chicago for my final interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with two account managers. They were somewhat standoffish, very serious and very professional. And after an hour and a half interview I left and a few days later the HR person called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were just really normal behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?   Answer Question

I had other opportunities available at my disposal.

Carrier Sales Interview

Took a phone interview on which they scheduled and in person interview two carrier sales managers I was not impressed. From my understanding they wanted the world, but didn't want to pay.

Better opportunity came across,

OTR Driver (Tanker) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Schneider in September 2014.

Questions on driving experience, schools/training, driving record, employment history. They are very up front with you they tell you about the position the pros & cons & ask you if you're comfortable before moving on to the next topic.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation hired as a mid-level experienced driver

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider.

Typical process, phone and then face to face

Interview Questions
    No negotiation and wish I held out for another opportunity. I've since left for a better logistics opportunity

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Hiring is complicated; you need a comprehensive list of all employers and places you have lived for the past ten years. My best recommendation is to go get a free credit report, and it usually lists that info on there. After you fill out the application, you will get called up by a recruiter to do an over the phone interview, and they will set up a work physical. This is pretty basic stuff, you need to be able to lift with your legs, move a small crate, safely get into and out of the back of a trailer while maintaining 3 points of contact, and be able to duckwalk under a trailer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected QUESTIONS, really. In training they expected you to be able to do a 90 back, which was never so much as mentioned at the driving school I attended. But they taught it, and I was able to get the hang of it easily enough.   Answer Question

Company Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider in September 2012.

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter. Easy to get in as long as you can prove you are a good safe driver with a clean criminal and DRUG FREE background. Company checks driving record and screens with DOT urine and hair follicle.
    2 week process over the phone with recruiter (I was still with another company so they worked with my schedule) 3 week training: week1 greyhound bus to Green Bay,WI for classroom and skills. Hotel rooms are double booked- I had a roommate. Week2 greyhound to Chicago more classroom for the week with hard skills in the truck . Private hotel room. Week3 out with a training engineer and driving on real loads. Trainers are nice people, supportive and informative.