Schneider

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Transportation Engineer Interview

Transportation Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – I got a HR screen interview. A very nice recruiter just asked some normal questions such like why do you want to work for Schneider National, why do you think you are the right person. After the 30 minutes interview, the recruiter immediately told me I can get another interview next week. I sent follow-up email every week after the first interview and they always told me that they were still reviewing my background. After three weeks, I was told they wouldn't consider me for this position.

Interview Question – What kinds of problems have you encountered and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Pricing Intern Interview

Pricing Intern
Green Bay, WI

I interviewed at Schneider in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview and was asked many broad questions about myself, and how much I knew about the company.
After passing the phone interview I had 3 twenty minute interview with different pricing analysts. They each asked me different types of questions.. Technical, soft, and specific about my resume.

Interview Question – The toughest question for me was during my phone interview I was asked for the wage that I expected to have. This was tough because I was not ready for it and I did not want to go too low but also wanted the internship.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in June 2013.

Interview Details – Brief Phone Interview 15-20 minutes long
2nd Phone Interview 45-60 minutes long
In-person Interview 1hr -2hrs long

Interview Question – How do we know you are up to the Challenge? How do we know you will stay with the company and not get bored?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Different company had better offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Green Bay, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schneider in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview that lasted an hour, they asked about previous work history, what I liked and disliked about previous jobs, formal education and why I wanted to work for them and questions to gauge personality. It was followed by 3 person panel interview upon being found successful by phone. Long process, hour and a half for panel interview probably a lot of questions that are hard to prepare for, fair questions but stressful and unexpected.

Interview Question – Three things about yourself that others might find negative.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, they threw a number at me, i accepted. They wanted a year and a half commitment to my starting role. I should have fought that one, but was just too happy to be getting an offer at the time.

Drivers Business Leader Interview

Drivers Business Leader

Interviewed at Schneider

Interview Details – First is an initial phone interview. If you do well, then they will ask you to come meet face to face with a few people. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and about leadership. They are very straight forward in their hiring process and fairly quick at getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Question – When was there a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Company Driver Interview

Company Driver
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted by a recruiter. Easy to get in as long as you can prove you are a good safe driver with a clean criminal and DRUG FREE background. Company checks driving record and screens with DOT urine and hair follicle.
2 week process over the phone with recruiter (I was still with another company so they worked with my schedule) 3 week training: week1 greyhound bus to Green Bay,WI for classroom and skills. Hotel rooms are double booked- I had a roommate. Week2 greyhound to Chicago more classroom for the week with hard skills in the truck . Private hotel room. Week3 out with a training engineer and driving on real loads. Trainers are nice people, supportive and informative.

Interview Question – Don't be late to class. Drive slow and careful.   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Truck Driver
Fontana, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring is complicated; you need a comprehensive list of all employers and places you have lived for the past ten years. My best recommendation is to go get a free credit report, and it usually lists that info on there. After you fill out the application, you will get called up by a recruiter to do an over the phone interview, and they will set up a work physical. This is pretty basic stuff, you need to be able to lift with your legs, move a small crate, safely get into and out of the back of a trailer while maintaining 3 points of contact, and be able to duckwalk under a trailer.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected QUESTIONS, really. In training they expected you to be able to do a 90 back, which was never so much as mentioned at the driving school I attended. But they taught it, and I was able to get the hang of it easily enough.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider.

Interview Details – Typical process, phone and then face to face

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation and wish I held out for another opportunity. I've since left for a better logistics opportunity

Rotational Leadership Program Interview

Rotational Leadership Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider in February 2013.

Interview Details – The first point of contact was through my University's recruiting website for which I got a call a couple days later that same week to set up the first round phone interview. The phone interview was meant for screening purposes and the conversation started out pretty generic in which both I and the recruiter got to know each other and finished off with a couple of behavioral questions. I was asked to schedule a second interview at the end of the conversation which was going to a webcam conference with three of their senior leadership team and they would decide whether I would get hired. The second interview was several brief introductions and about an hour of behavioral based questions. They want a candidate that is well-rounded and has had leadership/managerial experience with a preferred background in business. If you are good with people and hard working you should do fine. The HR is amazing and very personable. They were very welcoming and one of the best HR teams I have dealt with in my career search.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to settle an argument between two co workers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose to pursue another career path.

Driver Recruiter/Screening Agent Interview

Driver Recruiter/Screening Agent
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schneider in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online in January, and was contacted a few days later to set up a Phone screen with a Recruiter. The initial screen was a nightmare! The recruiter was so condescending and was constantly interrupting me--I hardly got a word in. I thought the interview went horrible, and didn't expect to ever hear from them again.

Three weeks later, they proved me wrong, and I was contacted to set up an interview with the hiring managers for both a Driver Recruiter/Screening Agent position. Due to my college being 2 hours away from the HQ, and the urgency to conduct the interview as soon as possible, my interview was done on the phone, which is not typical for this position. The interview was between myself and three regional recruiting managers, which included behavioral questions, and plenty of insight into the position/company. The interview went exceptionally well, and they said they would contact me shortly to invite me to Green Bay for an in-person meeting.

A week later, I traveled to Green Bay to observe the positions first hand, and have any questions answered that I may have had. I enjoyed this portion being able to see the day-to-day functioning of a recruiter, and everyone was very kind.

After the shadowing portion, I was offered my choice of positions. They were aware that I was in the middle of another interview process, and since their need to fill this position was not immediate, they gave me ample time to weigh my options.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to explain your position to someone who thought differently   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer, because I didn't feel ready to label myself as a Recruiter this early in my career. I felt that I would like to utilize my degree in a Generalist role, and my decision was not reflective of the company itself at all.