Schneider

Schneider Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider in June 2013.

Brief Phone Interview 15-20 minutes long
    2nd Phone Interview 45-60 minutes long
    In-person Interview 1hr -2hrs long

Interview Questions
    • How do we know you are up to the Challenge? How do we know you will stay with the company and not get bored?   View Answer

Different company had better offer

Drivers Business Leader Interview

First is an initial phone interview. If you do well, then they will ask you to come meet face to face with a few people. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and about leadership. They are very straight forward in their hiring process and fairly quick at getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Pricing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

interviewed at Schneider in April 2013.

I had an initial phone interview and was asked many broad questions about myself, and how much I knew about the company.
    After passing the phone interview I had 3 twenty minute interview with different pricing analysts. They each asked me different types of questions.. Technical, soft, and specific about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question for me was during my phone interview I was asked for the wage that I expected to have. This was tough because I was not ready for it and I did not want to go too low but also wanted the internship.   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider in April 2013.

2 phone interviews and an in person interview with 2 managers

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider.

Typical process, phone and then face to face

Interview Questions
    No negotiation and wish I held out for another opportunity. I've since left for a better logistics opportunity

Driver Recruiter/Screening Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider in February 2013.

I applied online in January, and was contacted a few days later to set up a Phone screen with a Recruiter. The initial screen was a nightmare! The recruiter was so condescending and was constantly interrupting me--I hardly got a word in. I thought the interview went horrible, and didn't expect to ever hear from them again.

Three weeks later, they proved me wrong, and I was contacted to set up an interview with the hiring managers for both a Driver Recruiter/Screening Agent position. Due to my college being 2 hours away from the HQ, and the urgency to conduct the interview as soon as possible, my interview was done on the phone, which is not typical for this position. The interview was between myself and three regional recruiting managers, which included behavioral questions, and plenty of insight into the position/company. The interview went exceptionally well, and they said they would contact me shortly to invite me to Green Bay for an in-person meeting.

A week later, I traveled to Green Bay to observe the positions first hand, and have any questions answered that I may have had. I enjoyed this portion being able to see the day-to-day functioning of a recruiter, and everyone was very kind.

After the shadowing portion, I was offered my choice of positions. They were aware that I was in the middle of another interview process, and since their need to fill this position was not immediate, they gave me ample time to weigh my options.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to explain your position to someone who thought differently   Answer Question

I declined the offer, because I didn't feel ready to label myself as a Recruiter this early in my career. I felt that I would like to utilize my degree in a Generalist role, and my decision was not reflective of the company itself at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider.

My resume was passed along as an employee referral. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call, did a phone interview, did a one-on-one interview, and later received a phone call offering me the position. I didn't find the interview to be especially difficult since I understand how brokering and logistics work. After accepting the position, the company had me pee in a cup test to make sure I know how to pass a pee test. Success!

None. It was a 35k base for one year. After a year, you're expected to make money with all the freight you move...or try to move.

Rotational Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider in February 2013.

The first point of contact was through my University's recruiting website for which I got a call a couple days later that same week to set up the first round phone interview. The phone interview was meant for screening purposes and the conversation started out pretty generic in which both I and the recruiter got to know each other and finished off with a couple of behavioral questions. I was asked to schedule a second interview at the end of the conversation which was going to a webcam conference with three of their senior leadership team and they would decide whether I would get hired. The second interview was several brief introductions and about an hour of behavioral based questions. They want a candidate that is well-rounded and has had leadership/managerial experience with a preferred background in business. If you are good with people and hard working you should do fine. The HR is amazing and very personable. They were very welcoming and one of the best HR teams I have dealt with in my career search.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to settle an argument between two co workers?   Answer Question

I chose to pursue another career path.

Driver Business Leader Interview

Initial contact was made by corporate recruiter after online application process. After that it was a phone interview with recruiter. Based on scheduling and distance restrictions, next interview was with manager onsite. Offer was made a few days later via phone and offer letter was sent shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • This being a management position, most of the questions were based off of prior management experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Schneider in December 2012.

Phone interview that lasted an hour, they asked about previous work history, what I liked and disliked about previous jobs, formal education and why I wanted to work for them and questions to gauge personality. It was followed by 3 person panel interview upon being found successful by phone. Long process, hour and a half for panel interview probably a lot of questions that are hard to prepare for, fair questions but stressful and unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Three things about yourself that others might find negative.   View Answer
    Simple, they threw a number at me, i accepted. They wanted a year and a half commitment to my starting role. I should have fought that one, but was just too happy to be getting an offer at the time.