Schneider Interview Questions

2.9

Regional Inter-modal Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schneider.

Application submission and if accepted then an interview for a driver, and I don 't have any knowledge of the managment side hiring process. The company will help you acquire a class A CDL if you don't have one at the time of application. If you choose this route you will be interviewed and hired on a tentative basis at the completion of CDL training, typically a 3 week process. The school will be payed for by the company if you complete it and remain employed for 1 year.

Interview Questions
    As an unexperienced driver there were no negotiations. Experienced hires may be able to negotiate where they fall in the driver pay schedule.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider in July 2012.

First of all you will start off by filling out an application online. If you meet their initial criteria they will eventually conduct a phone interview. Next is a drug test and a DOT physical. When you pass that you will get a conditional job offer that is contingent on your background check. Training is as required which may entail any required classroom training and lastly any required driving training. Successfully completing all of the process means you have a job with SNBC.

You may be able to get a higher pay rate if you negotiate well but other than that they have a pay scale that they try to stick to.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider in May 2012.

Complete background check of employers, any accidents or incidents, DAC (HireRight) check and PSP. Drug test includes hair check.

Interview Questions
    • Review of application and confirmation of it.   View Answer
    No. Pay is comparable to job required.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider in April 2012.

I applied to the job online and heard back from a human resources generalist about a week later. They arranged for a 30 minute phone interview, where they asked a number of questions about my background and interest in the position. Be prepared to explain your interest in the job, because it seemed crucial. Also, have several questions prepared before the interview begins, and spend some time researching the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult decision you had to make, and how the outcome effected you personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Phone interview was with a recruiter from Chicago; conversation was mostly about my leadership potential, and upward mobility with the company. Admin Assistant with the Dallas office then called me and we scheduled a day and time for a group interview. Admin Assistant then sent me an email to confirm. Note to future candidates: The building has a very confusing layout, and parking in the garage was confusing as well, give yourself an extra 30 min. to find a parking space and find the Schneider Office in the building.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deliver bad news to a customer? How did you do it?   View Answer

The two team leaders showed up to interview me wearing T-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes, while I came in a suit, this seems very unprofessional on their part. After about 40 min. of Q & A it became apparent that they were more interested in running a call center (generating business thru cold calling) and the overall depth of their logistics knowledge was very very limited at best.

Brokerage Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

The interview consisted of a panel of middle managers, many whose only experience was with Schneider national. Each panel ran the interviewee through the typical scenarios, really cookie-cutter questions with very little depth. Often they applied a Schneider tilt to the questions or expected one, also they posed a large number of grey area questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your reaction to being on the wrong side of an HR dispute.   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Hiring is complicated; you need a comprehensive list of all employers and places you have lived for the past ten years. My best recommendation is to go get a free credit report, and it usually lists that info on there. After you fill out the application, you will get called up by a recruiter to do an over the phone interview, and they will set up a work physical. This is pretty basic stuff, you need to be able to lift with your legs, move a small crate, safely get into and out of the back of a trailer while maintaining 3 points of contact, and be able to duckwalk under a trailer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected QUESTIONS, really. In training they expected you to be able to do a 90 back, which was never so much as mentioned at the driving school I attended. But they taught it, and I was able to get the hang of it easily enough.   Answer Question

Truck Driver - Regional Dry Van Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider in August 2011.

Went to HG to talk to recruiter, then had to apply online at home. Phone interveiw and setup for Drug Test ( urine and hair folicle) and DOT Phyisical (waived due to having it done just 2 months prior). Called back with Test ID numbers and was emailed the next avaible orientation dates, time, hotel information.

Go to Green Bay, WI and stay at hotel (Ramada Plaza) which had horrid Key Cards that require at least 1 recharge per day. Consiere service driver drives the van like he's a stunt car driver (AVOID HOTEL TRANSPORT). Room is free for 1 week orientation time; must be able to wake up by 6am to get on Schneider's Bus which is driven by the training teacher.

1 Week training in classroom and Road. They will expect you to do old school trip planning even though they use the Qualcom system which has a GPS. The lunch provided at the training building is mediocore, but better than the rationed breakfast they serve at the hotel at 5:00am.

After 1 week Oreintation, they will tell you who your road trainer will be, or if one hasn't been found.. call you with their name. Recruiter told me you get a week off after the week orientation before going road training. My trainer called me the same day wanted me out in Janesville, WI to meet him Sunday night at 10pm.

You'll be expected to skip up to 3 gears when accellerating or decellerating as your driving; My trainer has the Qualcom GPS and his own (non-truck) GPS in the truck which made directions confusing for me. You'll drive up too 500 miles radius from where you where picked up and be the runner for the trainer to open doors, strap loads, and interact with the customers. You'll have to bring money for your own meals and other monetary items. My trainer only ate at resturants on the road. Bring a pillow for sleeping ( I didn't and used my backpack i brought with my things as a pillow). They'll expect you to bring everything (and it's ALOT) from the Green Bay facility with you.

Total you could spent back to back up to 4 weeks away from home training. You only get 450$ per week during training from the 1 week at Green Bay, WI til your hired on. You can only be hired on if the training driver okay's you for road service.

Interview Questions

I was accepted thru training up to the final day of my week training on the road. But I couldn't get the hang of the "bump n run" shifting ( the required Schneider Shifting method of skipping 3 or more gears as you down or up shift). The training driver agreed and after a talk with the Driver Support Manager, I was told either I could stay in the truck another week with the trainer, go back to Green Bay, WI, or opt out for now.

I chose to opt out because I didn't have the money to stay another week, nor to go back to Green Bay, WI for another week. The shifting style they use is very demanding and how they teach it adds alot of stress and confusion to your already full plate while operating the truck. Most of the time I was told to watch the mph... then the tachometer. Shortly after I was told not to and to just listen to what the truck sounds like. All very counter-intuitive from what I learned in my driving course in Sun Prairie, WI.

They are a great company to go to if your fully versed in their shifting techniques or are very good at multitasking while driving. You may also have a good time at training, They require roomates in the hotel rooms; so you might get a nice roommate ( i didn't...) and both laugh at the instructor who sounds like arnold shwartzaneger.

Rotational Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider in April 2011.

I applied through a virtual career fair, and was called for an interview a week later. I was asked a few questions and scheduled a more detailed phone interview for the following week. The recruiter called me and they were pretty standard behavioral questions about experience, resume and so on. My phone interview was about 1.5 hours which was longer normal but that was a good sign supposedly. A few days later, I was scheduled for the group/panel interview which was conducted through the webcam. There were three managers in different roles that interviewed me: one in customer service; one in operations; and one in finance. Again the interview lasted almost about 1.5 hours if not more which was a good sign. The interview was tough especially because it was on the webcam through LiveMeeting and there was a lag in the expressions of the people interviewing me so it was hard to guage their reactions. Some questions were very industry specific and ethics oriented...difficult questions that not only tested your character but also your ability to analyze on your feet and how to deal with customers. Overall, good experience. I received the offer on that day itself and accepted it at the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the obstacles facing the transportation industry currently which impact the industry's growth?   Answer Question
    No, there was't any negotiating nor much room to do so.

Please Tell Me About A Time You Had to Make A Difficult Decision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schneider in January 2011.

I received a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question