Schneider

2.9

Maintenance Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Schneider.

Start out with a phone interview with HR, if you get past that they will set up interviews with 2 to 3 leaders and this can be locally or at the home office.
    Interviews are very thorough and they look for qualifications as well as fit.
    All interviews are then evaluated by the leadership team until a consensus is reached.
    You will then either receive a job offer or be rejected.
    Offer will be in writing and detailed.

Interview Questions
    • Mine was role play with the HR manager but that may not be done anymore.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation takes place there are set standards. if you are a exceptional candidate you may can try to make a counter offer but you may also loose the oppertunity

Company Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schneider in September 2012.

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter. Easy to get in as long as you can prove you are a good safe driver with a clean criminal and DRUG FREE background. Company checks driving record and screens with DOT urine and hair follicle.
    2 week process over the phone with recruiter (I was still with another company so they worked with my schedule) 3 week training: week1 greyhound bus to Green Bay,WI for classroom and skills. Hotel rooms are double booked- I had a roommate. Week2 greyhound to Chicago more classroom for the week with hard skills in the truck . Private hotel room. Week3 out with a training engineer and driving on real loads. Trainers are nice people, supportive and informative.

Sales Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider in September 2012.

Panel interviews with the VP, Talent Manager, and several Ops Managers (branch manager, trainer, and supervisors). Lots of "inside maneuvering" and nepotism, definitely favorites played. The VP is a numbers guy, only cares about the quantitative. The Talent Manager seemed cynical, had a negative attitude, wanted to protect her position of authority. The supervisors were both long-time employees who had previously fallen victim to the "if he's a good salesperson, he'll be a good manager" fallacy. Both obviously knew little about actual motivation, but both had better attitudes than the Talent Manager.

Not at all inspiring confidence in the leadership team they were trying to get me to join.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you made a decision that lost the company money deliberately.   View Answer

It seemed like a trap. Nobody wants to join a losing team.

Regional Inter-modal Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Schneider.

Application submission and if accepted then an interview for a driver, and I don 't have any knowledge of the managment side hiring process. The company will help you acquire a class A CDL if you don't have one at the time of application. If you choose this route you will be interviewed and hired on a tentative basis at the completion of CDL training, typically a 3 week process. The school will be payed for by the company if you complete it and remain employed for 1 year.

Interview Questions
    As an unexperienced driver there were no negotiations. Experienced hires may be able to negotiate where they fall in the driver pay schedule.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schneider in July 2012.

First of all you will start off by filling out an application online. If you meet their initial criteria they will eventually conduct a phone interview. Next is a drug test and a DOT physical. When you pass that you will get a conditional job offer that is contingent on your background check. Training is as required which may entail any required classroom training and lastly any required driving training. Successfully completing all of the process means you have a job with SNBC.

You may be able to get a higher pay rate if you negotiate well but other than that they have a pay scale that they try to stick to.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider in May 2012.

Complete background check of employers, any accidents or incidents, DAC (HireRight) check and PSP. Drug test includes hair check.

Interview Questions
    • Review of application and confirmation of it.   View Answer
    No. Pay is comparable to job required.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider in April 2012.

I applied to the job online and heard back from a human resources generalist about a week later. They arranged for a 30 minute phone interview, where they asked a number of questions about my background and interest in the position. Be prepared to explain your interest in the job, because it seemed crucial. Also, have several questions prepared before the interview begins, and spend some time researching the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult decision you had to make, and how the outcome effected you personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Phone interview was with a recruiter from Chicago; conversation was mostly about my leadership potential, and upward mobility with the company. Admin Assistant with the Dallas office then called me and we scheduled a day and time for a group interview. Admin Assistant then sent me an email to confirm. Note to future candidates: The building has a very confusing layout, and parking in the garage was confusing as well, give yourself an extra 30 min. to find a parking space and find the Schneider Office in the building.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deliver bad news to a customer? How did you do it?   View Answer

The two team leaders showed up to interview me wearing T-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes, while I came in a suit, this seems very unprofessional on their part. After about 40 min. of Q & A it became apparent that they were more interested in running a call center (generating business thru cold calling) and the overall depth of their logistics knowledge was very very limited at best.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Hiring is complicated; you need a comprehensive list of all employers and places you have lived for the past ten years. My best recommendation is to go get a free credit report, and it usually lists that info on there. After you fill out the application, you will get called up by a recruiter to do an over the phone interview, and they will set up a work physical. This is pretty basic stuff, you need to be able to lift with your legs, move a small crate, safely get into and out of the back of a trailer while maintaining 3 points of contact, and be able to duckwalk under a trailer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected QUESTIONS, really. In training they expected you to be able to do a 90 back, which was never so much as mentioned at the driving school I attended. But they taught it, and I was able to get the hang of it easily enough.   Answer Question

Brokerage Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

The interview consisted of a panel of middle managers, many whose only experience was with Schneider national. Each panel ran the interviewee through the typical scenarios, really cookie-cutter questions with very little depth. Often they applied a Schneider tilt to the questions or expected one, also they posed a large number of grey area questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your reaction to being on the wrong side of an HR dispute.   Answer Question