Schneider

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Green Bay, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Schneider in January 2011.

Interview Details – Schneider has a rather long and drawn out interview process. It started with 2 Phone Interview. After not hearing anything for several weeks, Asked to do a follow up in person interview with a Human resources rep. Then several weeks later another final interview with a manger.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Logistics Analyst Interview

Logistics Analyst
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview wasn't bad and I was offered the chance for a face-to-face interview right away. The next interview was with a panel. The panel consisted of other experienced employees that work in the same or similar role (You do not know this right away but you can tell by some of the questions that they ask and the responses that they give). One nice thing about their interview process is that they allow you to do a 30 min sit-in with an employee that is currently in the role that you are applying for (If your interview went well). I thought this was an extremely bright idea because it gives the interviewer the opportunity to see what the role is about first hand.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you had a discrepancy between you and another employee? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really much room for negotiation unless you know that they need to fill the role quickly. Decent positions are usually promoted from within so if you have the opportunity to receive an offer your almost forced to take it because management knows that there is someone else that is more than willing to take the position/offer for the same or usually even less.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Green Bay, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schneider in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then, I went to Green Bay for in person interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were criticized.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate increased vacation and base pay.

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Schneider in September 2010.

Interview Details – The Human Resources manager was a joke. He was not even in the room for most of the interview. The manager that I interviewed with seemed very knowledgable and was a pleasure to speak to. She took me around to meet the other managers and many of the key employees.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Schneider?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did they make you an offer? Decline it, tell them to triple it, hive the HR rep the finger and run away! It is NOT WORTH IT!!!

Please Tell Me About A Time You Had to Make A Difficult Decision Interview

Please Tell Me About A Time You Had to Make A Difficult Decision
Birmingham, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in January 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview.

Interview Question – Please tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schneider in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was with a recruiter from Chicago; conversation was mostly about my leadership potential, and upward mobility with the company. Admin Assistant with the Dallas office then called me and we scheduled a day and time for a group interview. Admin Assistant then sent me an email to confirm. Note to future candidates: The building has a very confusing layout, and parking in the garage was confusing as well, give yourself an extra 30 min. to find a parking space and find the Schneider Office in the building.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to deliver bad news to a customer? How did you do it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The two team leaders showed up to interview me wearing T-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes, while I came in a suit, this seems very unprofessional on their part. After about 40 min. of Q & A it became apparent that they were more interested in running a call center (generating business thru cold calling) and the overall depth of their logistics knowledge was very very limited at best.

Very Difficult Interview

Truck Driver - Regional Dry Van Interview

Truck Driver - Regional Dry Van
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in August 2011.

Interview Details – Went to HG to talk to recruiter, then had to apply online at home. Phone interveiw and setup for Drug Test ( urine and hair folicle) and DOT Phyisical (waived due to having it done just 2 months prior). Called back with Test ID numbers and was emailed the next avaible orientation dates, time, hotel information.

Go to Green Bay, WI and stay at hotel (Ramada Plaza) which had horrid Key Cards that require at least 1 recharge per day. Consiere service driver drives the van like he's a stunt car driver (AVOID HOTEL TRANSPORT). Room is free for 1 week orientation time; must be able to wake up by 6am to get on Schneider's Bus which is driven by the training teacher.

1 Week training in classroom and Road. They will expect you to do old school trip planning even though they use the Qualcom system which has a GPS. The lunch provided at the training building is mediocore, but better than the rationed breakfast they serve at the hotel at 5:00am.

After 1 week Oreintation, they will tell you who your road trainer will be, or if one hasn't been found.. call you with their name. Recruiter told me you get a week off after the week orientation before going road training. My trainer called me the same day wanted me out in Janesville, WI to meet him Sunday night at 10pm.

You'll be expected to skip up to 3 gears when accellerating or decellerating as your driving; My trainer has the Qualcom GPS and his own (non-truck) GPS in the truck which made directions confusing for me. You'll drive up too 500 miles radius from where you where picked up and be the runner for the trainer to open doors, strap loads, and interact with the customers. You'll have to bring money for your own meals and other monetary items. My trainer only ate at resturants on the road. Bring a pillow for sleeping ( I didn't and used my backpack i brought with my things as a pillow). They'll expect you to bring everything (and it's ALOT) from the Green Bay facility with you.

Total you could spent back to back up to 4 weeks away from home training. You only get 450$ per week during training from the 1 week at Green Bay, WI til your hired on. You can only be hired on if the training driver okay's you for road service.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I was accepted thru training up to the final day of my week training on the road. But I couldn't get the hang of the "bump n run" shifting ( the required Schneider Shifting method of skipping 3 or more gears as you down or up shift). The training driver agreed and after a talk with the Driver Support Manager, I was told either I could stay in the truck another week with the trainer, go back to Green Bay, WI, or opt out for now.

I chose to opt out because I didn't have the money to stay another week, nor to go back to Green Bay, WI for another week. The shifting style they use is very demanding and how they teach it adds alot of stress and confusion to your already full plate while operating the truck. Most of the time I was told to watch the mph... then the tachometer. Shortly after I was told not to and to just listen to what the truck sounds like. All very counter-intuitive from what I learned in my driving course in Sun Prairie, WI.

They are a great company to go to if your fully versed in their shifting techniques or are very good at multitasking while driving. You may also have a good time at training, They require roomates in the hotel rooms; so you might get a nice roommate ( i didn't...) and both laugh at the instructor who sounds like arnold shwartzaneger.

Rotational Leader Interview

Rotational Leader
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through a virtual career fair, and was called for an interview a week later. I was asked a few questions and scheduled a more detailed phone interview for the following week. The recruiter called me and they were pretty standard behavioral questions about experience, resume and so on. My phone interview was about 1.5 hours which was longer normal but that was a good sign supposedly. A few days later, I was scheduled for the group/panel interview which was conducted through the webcam. There were three managers in different roles that interviewed me: one in customer service; one in operations; and one in finance. Again the interview lasted almost about 1.5 hours if not more which was a good sign. The interview was tough especially because it was on the webcam through LiveMeeting and there was a lag in the expressions of the people interviewing me so it was hard to guage their reactions. Some questions were very industry specific and ethics oriented...difficult questions that not only tested your character but also your ability to analyze on your feet and how to deal with customers. Overall, good experience. I received the offer on that day itself and accepted it at the end of the week.

Interview Question – What are some of the obstacles facing the transportation industry currently which impact the industry's growth?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, there was't any negotiating nor much room to do so.

Parts Specialist Interview

Parts Specialist
Farmington Hills, MI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schneider in July 2010.

Interview Details – Panel Interview with at least 3 to 4 people, scenario role play, that includes scenarios not related to position, time management tests. Interviewing can take all day and is rather stressful.

Interview Question – Give an example(s) of sometime in your work history where you displayed traits and characteristics that fit into the Schnedier core values   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online on company website. Received a phone call 3 days later to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked very basic questions about resume, nothing difficult or unexpected. Received an email several days informing me that I would not be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time you experienced a conflict with a co-worker. How was this conflict resolved?   Answer Question