Schneider

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Account Manager Interview

Logistics Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schneider in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and about 30 days later received a call from a recruiting company representative hired by Schneider. The women spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me asking prewritten questions. She did not and could not offer any information about the job and referred me to their ambiguous job description I had previously viewed online. Then about a week and a half later she called and did not realize she had already spoken with me and tried to have the exact same conversation again. When I asked if this was a second phone interview she replied "No, did I already talk with you?" She then hung up. About a week later she called to schedule an off-site in person interview with a Schneider executive and one of their clients. I traveled out of state for this and had prepared for days ahead of time.

The interview was with both the executive and client. The interview seemed surly and left me uninformed and frustrated. They did not offer any information about the job or their companies and simply referred me to the ambiguous job description.Their questions were incomplete making them difficult to answer, and their answers to the few questions I was allowed to ask, were evasive. When I kindly asked them to clarify or rephrase their questions, they would simply ask it in identical fashion.

The interview lasted over an hour and it wasn't until the last 5 or 10 minutes that I was given the opportunity to ask questions pertaining to the position. They were unable to tell me what a typical day in the position would be like and there was very little discussion about details and what was actually involved in the job itself.
Neither individual was friendly and did not so much as crack a smile or grin throughout the interview, which did nothing to put myself (or I imagine any other candidates) at ease. The office and culture where the interview took place seemed very professional to the point of being rigid and totally inflexible.

I wore a suit. Dress appeared to be business casual to more formal throughout the building, but the people doing the interview were dressed down. They seemed to have a real arrogence about them and gave me a sense from when I first entered the room, they felt they were wasting their time interviewing.

In my opinion, this entire process was poorly handled and unprofessional. The phone screening was inept. They should have had their own internal HR people conduct the phone screening and initial interviews with their executive present and narrowed their candidate pool to about the top five. At that point they should have scheduled a second interview at the off-site location with their client present. Companies and HR people need to remember that they too are being interviewed by the candidates and it's equally important that they appear in a good light, otherwise those well-qualified individuals they seek to hire will be declining their offers regardless of the current state of the labor market and economy.

I was knowledgeable about the firm prior before ever applying online. I respected the company and their accomplishments and had a positive viewpoint of them. After going through this event I no longer feel the same way. I'm dissappointed with their lack of professionalism and the attitude they displayed and my viewpoint is no longer positive. Although I was not offered the position, I can honestly say if it had been offered I would have declined.

Interview Question – What metrics would you use?
How would you identify and report on key factors?
  View Answer

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!