Schneider National

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schneider National in June 2013.

Interview Details – Brief Phone Interview 15-20 minutes long
2nd Phone Interview 45-60 minutes long
In-person Interview 1hr -2hrs long

Interview Question – How do we know you are up to the Challenge? How do we know you will stay with the company and not get bored?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Different company had better offer

Evanston, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schneider National.

Interview Details – My resume was passed along as an employee referral. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call, did a phone interview, did a one-on-one interview, and later received a phone call offering me the position. I didn't find the interview to be especially difficult since I understand how brokering and logistics work. After accepting the position, the company had me pee in a cup test to make sure I know how to pass a pee test. Success!

Negotiation Details – None. It was a 35k base for one year. After a year, you're expected to make money with all the freight you move...or try to move.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schneider National in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to the job online and heard back from a human resources generalist about a week later. They arranged for a 30 minute phone interview, where they asked a number of questions about my background and interest in the position. Be prepared to explain your interest in the job, because it seemed crucial. Also, have several questions prepared before the interview begins, and spend some time researching the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest accomplishment?   Answer Question
  • Describe a difficult decision you had to make, and how the outcome effected you personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schneider National in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online on company website. Received a phone call 3 days later to arrange a phone interview, which took place the following week. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked very basic questions about resume, nothing difficult or unexpected. Received an email several days informing me that I would not be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time you experienced a conflict with a co-worker. How was this conflict resolved?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Interviewed at Schneider National

Interview Details – I sent my application in and got called for a phone interview and was asked back for a personal interview. The personal interview was a panel interview with 2 guys and myself which made it kind of intimidating. They went back and forth asking questions and taking notes and the questions were very difficult, all behavior based.

Interview Question – Ethical question   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schneider National

Worked for Schneider National? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider National Inside Sales Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schneider National employees and interview candidates.