Schnitzer Steel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.3

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Schnitzer Steel (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple - didn't ask a lot of questions, they seemed to be in a hurry and it felt more like speed dating. The primary interviewer didn't show for about 15 minutes after the interview.

Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Oakland, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Started as temp employee. Then filled app within 30 days of temp. Normaly hesrd from other employees is 3 months or more. You needvto know someone in the upper management to get hired...lol...Very easy going.

Interview Questions

• Experience?
      Willing to work O/T and sat/ sun night shift?
      You start.

1 Answer

Management Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Everett, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR recruiter followed by group interview with eight I ndividuals, including the direct line manager. The setting was intimidating, and it was tough to recall all the names and keep focusing on the questions. Questions were as normally would be expected, nothing out of left field. In the end, my experience wasn't as well matched as another candidate's, so there was no offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to improve or don't like about yourself?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Portland, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

Great interview process, the recruiter kept in touch the whole time and guided me through the process. I knew what to expect the whole way through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very fair with the salary the recruiter asked me my salary history in our first conversation and they were right on cue with what I was expecting.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Portland, OR) in April 2010.

Interview

Great company, all the interviewers were knowledgeable. I had 3 telephone interviews, 2 group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would like living on the west coast.   1 Answer

Metal Grader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Eugene, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

Rehire after layoff in 09

Negotiation

I had to take what was offered.

Commercial Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

There was about six interviews, one with each senior manager and an IQ/EQ test. They asked in-depth questions about my experience and the things I was interested in professionally and otherwise. There was a strong focus on desire to learn and ability to manage/motivate other people. I was very impressed with the calibre of the managers and the respect with which they treated me as an interviewee.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to read the COMEX/LME metal pricing indexes.   1 Answer