Schnitzer Steel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Metal Grader Interview

Eugene, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Schnitzer Steel in October 2009.

Interview Details – Rehire after layoff in 09

Negotiation Details – I had to take what was offered.

Administrative Interview

Portland, OR

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schnitzer Steel in May 2010.

Interview Details – Great interview process, the recruiter kept in touch the whole time and guided me through the process. I knew what to expect the whole way through.

Interview Question – What do you know about Schnitzer's business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very fair with the salary the recruiter asked me my salary history in our first conversation and they were right on cue with what I was expecting.

Buyer Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schnitzer Steel in April 2010.

Interview Details – Great company, all the interviewers were knowledgeable. I had 3 telephone interviews, 2 group interviews.

Interview Question – Do you think you would like living on the west coast.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Schnitzer Steel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schnitzer Steel interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schnitzer Steel employees and interview candidates.