Schnitzer Steel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

1.8

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I was brought in for a interview to be a site manager. it lasted about 20 minutes I was told basically that the previse two people had be let go for safety and job performance but they knew that they were stealing just couldn't prove it.. they offered me a sizeable amount more than I was making at my current job a few days latter that was much better than I thought would be.

Interview Questions

• not real questions were asked what p&l exp did I have. payroll exp did I have   Answer Question

Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Oakland, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Started as temp employee. Then filled app within 30 days of temp. Normaly hesrd from other employees is 3 months or more. You needvto know someone in the upper management to get hired...lol...Very easy going.

Interview Questions

• Experience? Willing to work O/T and sat/ sun night shift? You start.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Portland, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

Great interview process, the recruiter kept in touch the whole time and guided me through the process. I knew what to expect the whole way through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very fair with the salary the recruiter asked me my salary history in our first conversation and they were right on cue with what I was expecting.

Metal Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Eugene, OR) in October 2009.

Interview

Rehire after layoff in 09

Negotiation

I had to take what was offered.

Commercial Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

There was about six interviews, one with each senior manager and an IQ/EQ test. They asked in-depth questions about my experience and the things I was interested in professionally and otherwise. There was a strong focus on desire to learn and ability to manage/motivate other people. I was very impressed with the calibre of the managers and the respect with which they treated me as an interviewee.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to read the COMEX/LME metal pricing indexes.   1 Answer