Schnuck Markets Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.8

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schnuck Markets (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

DM called me before store store closing, we met for lunch at Schnucks, he hired me because he had heard good things about me from prior management. He bridged my benefits, and started me off at a very good salary, due to my experience. I felt that they were eager to have me join the team, and started me right away. It was amazing.

Interview Questions

• Was I interested in management?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schnuck Markets in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and went into the store to talk to the manager because I did not want to wait, she was very friendly and asked me a few questions and told me that the hiring manager would call me within the next 3 days, he called me the next day and gave me a short phone interview and told me to come in the following week for an interview in person, when I went in, he told me information about the position and asked if I had any questions and gave me all the paperwork to fill out to get hired. It was all very easy

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in volunteering or in school that you have gone above and beyond   Answer Question
    • How would you describe good costumer service?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schnuck Markets.

Interview

Seemed like a great work environment. The interview was laid back for the most part, not too many behavioral questions! My only complaint was how long it took them to tell me no.

Grocery Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schnuck Markets.

Interview

Getting hired was painless. I had done some work at McDonalds doing things things like handling money and making fries. I was filling out papers that same night. It really doesn't take much. The questions were general and standard. "Where would you like to work? What entry level job do you want? What experience do you have?" I would like to point out that if you are under the age of 18, you are placed as a bagger, unless you attended culinary school. Application was online-took about 30 minutes to fill out. You have to attend one of their job fairs in order for them to place you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is 7.50 an hour.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schnuck Markets in September 2014.

Interview

I went to the Schnucks job fair. I had filled out an application online before I came in. Once I came in I talked to a hiring manager. I gave him my resume and he asked me a few basic questions such as which store I would like to work at and what my availability is. The interview was simple. I was hired on the spot. Before I knew it I was filling out paperwork and attending orientation later that night.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to say to a customer before they leave?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It is $7.50/hour.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schnuck Markets (Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

The turnover rate for certain positions at Schnuck Markets appears to be quite high. I was contacted swiftly after submitting a single application online, and was called in for an interview. My interviewer was familiar with my reference, a friend who had worked in produce for a long time at multiple Schnuck's locations and was completing his journeyman training for a manager position. They asked me some standard questions, how did I hear about the job, why did you want it, etc, and told me what they liked about my application (that I sounded was reassuringly dedicated). I was offered a position as a meat porter (cleans the butcher area) and given a tour of that position's location and duties. I declined the position and asked if there were other positions available. The interviewer shuffled through a large folder of positions, and offered me a position at a different store as a produce clerk, which I accepted. I was scheduled for orientation at a third location and attended orientation for a generalized briefing on what it is like to work for Schnuck's. Shortly thereafter, I was scheduled for an orientation and training at the location I would be working at and watched some awful training videos.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have a different position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A different position was agreed upon at no discernible discomfort to the interviewer, although I myself was nervous that declining one position would demonstrate unfavorable values such as a lack of dedication to the interviewer and jeopardize my chances of being accepted for any position.

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schnuck Markets (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

It was quick and fast. they didn't ask many questions but the questions they did ask were not your average questions. they were polite to you, and were very clear on the job tasks and duties.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schnuck Markets (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Its a mass hiring. You go in and there is a line of people waiting for an interview. They will ask you if you have filled out an application online before coming. They will also ask if its been 60 days since you have. If your application is not current they have a table filled with paper applications. On the paper applications the will ask if you have worked with deep fryers, knives, and slicers. the also ask is you can cook and follow recipes.

Interview Questions

• On the paper applications the will ask if you have worked with deep fryers, knives, slicers, if you can cook and follow recipes, work in a warm / hot environment, cooler / cold environment, handle heavy lifting up to 60 lbs, be on your feet for a 4-8 hour shifts, and how much cooking experience you've had. Also they say they can train you if you haven't had much experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service/Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Schnuck Markets.

Interview

This is where Schucks rocks! They are moving into the group auditions. This setting is round table, participation and enthusiasm, along with resume' will get you the job. Of course as long s verification is spot on, you are on your way to becoming a Schnucks teammate.

Center Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Schnuck Markets (Rockford, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Only one interview for me, maybe two for others. Very simple, no hard questions although I was prepared for them.

Negotiation

No negotiation, starts at minimum wage.