Schnuck Markets

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight foward and not a lot of questions .. , i guess it all depends who they interview but before you can even think about getting one you must fill out a job appuclation online or by paper if there holding interviews at that store then if they need you they will call you later for a interview .

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now ...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time i am willing to take anything but if i where to do the interview again i would stay strong to what dept i want to work in and stay with that !

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in March 2014.

Interview Details – The turnover rate for certain positions at Schnuck Markets appears to be quite high. I was contacted swiftly after submitting a single application online, and was called in for an interview. My interviewer was familiar with my reference, a friend who had worked in produce for a long time at multiple Schnuck's locations and was completing his journeyman training for a manager position. They asked me some standard questions, how did I hear about the job, why did you want it, etc, and told me what they liked about my application (that I sounded was reassuringly dedicated). I was offered a position as a meat porter (cleans the butcher area) and given a tour of that position's location and duties. I declined the position and asked if there were other positions available. The interviewer shuffled through a large folder of positions, and offered me a position at a different store as a produce clerk, which I accepted. I was scheduled for orientation at a third location and attended orientation for a generalized briefing on what it is like to work for Schnuck's. Shortly thereafter, I was scheduled for an orientation and training at the location I would be working at and watched some awful training videos.

Interview Question – Would you rather have a different position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A different position was agreed upon at no discernible discomfort to the interviewer, although I myself was nervous that declining one position would demonstrate unfavorable values such as a lack of dedication to the interviewer and jeopardize my chances of being accepted for any position.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Wildwood, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in April 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with the store manager. He asked about my work ethic and previous experience. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What are you biggest weaknesses and how will they effect your work?   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Bakery Clerk
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in November 2013.

Interview Details – Its a mass hiring. You go in and there is a line of people waiting for an interview. They will ask you if you have filled out an application online before coming. They will also ask if its been 60 days since you have. If your application is not current they have a table filled with paper applications. On the paper applications the will ask if you have worked with deep fryers, knives, and slicers. the also ask is you can cook and follow recipes.

Interview Question – On the paper applications the will ask if you have worked with deep fryers, knives, slicers, if you can cook and follow recipes, work in a warm / hot environment, cooler / cold environment, handle heavy lifting up to 60 lbs, be on your feet for a 4-8 hour shifts, and how much cooking experience you've had. Also they say they can train you if you haven't had much experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service/Management Interview

Customer Service/Management

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Schnuck Markets.

Interview Details – This is where Schucks rocks! They are moving into the group auditions. This setting is round table, participation and enthusiasm, along with resume' will get you the job. Of course as long s verification is spot on, you are on your way to becoming a Schnucks teammate.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in January 2012.

Interview Details – Only one interview. Apply online. Wait for an email saying come to this location. Go through the interview, which is easy. And the process is done.

Interview Question – There wasn't many difficult things to say. Just present yourself well, they judge off of looks, and get a little experience somewhere or they won't look at you.   Answer Question

Center Store Interview

Center Store
Rockford, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in February 2013.

Interview Details – Only one interview for me, maybe two for others. Very simple, no hard questions although I was prepared for them.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, starts at minimum wage.

Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in April 2008.

Interview Details – Filled out an application in store, was called back a few days later for an interview. After arriving for the interview, had to wait ~45 min for the customer service manager to become available. Had the interview and took a customer service test in the back office, and was hired in the same visit.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was a minimum wage job--no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in May 2012.

Interview Details – U filled out the application and they called me about a week later.they asked me what store was a good location for me. I then went to that store had a one on one interview and then went back a couple of days laters and had a group presentation.

Interview Question – Do u have any retail experience   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Runner
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schnuck Markets in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interviews with 3 managers...less to most important manager...observing...

Interview Question – Describe a time when you solved a problem on the job   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Schnuck Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schnuck Markets interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schnuck Markets employees and interview candidates.