Schnuck Markets

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

1.7

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schnuck Markets.

Seemed like a great work environment. The interview was laid back for the most part, not too many behavioral questions! My only complaint was how long it took them to tell me no.

Grocery Checker Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schnuck Markets.

Getting hired was painless. I had done some work at McDonalds doing things things like handling money and making fries. I was filling out papers that same night. It really doesn't take much. The questions were general and standard. "Where would you like to work? What entry level job do you want? What experience do you have?" I would like to point out that if you are under the age of 18, you are placed as a bagger, unless you attended culinary school. Application was online-took about 30 minutes to fill out. You have to attend one of their job fairs in order for them to place you.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is 7.50 an hour.

Bagger Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schnuck Markets in September 2014.

I went to the Schnucks job fair. I had filled out an application online before I came in. Once I came in I talked to a hiring manager. I gave him my resume and he asked me a few basic questions such as which store I would like to work at and what my availability is. The interview was simple. I was hired on the spot. Before I knew it I was filling out paperwork and attending orientation later that night.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing to say to a customer before they leave?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is $7.50/hour.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schnuck Markets in March 2014.

The turnover rate for certain positions at Schnuck Markets appears to be quite high. I was contacted swiftly after submitting a single application online, and was called in for an interview. My interviewer was familiar with my reference, a friend who had worked in produce for a long time at multiple Schnuck's locations and was completing his journeyman training for a manager position. They asked me some standard questions, how did I hear about the job, why did you want it, etc, and told me what they liked about my application (that I sounded was reassuringly dedicated). I was offered a position as a meat porter (cleans the butcher area) and given a tour of that position's location and duties. I declined the position and asked if there were other positions available. The interviewer shuffled through a large folder of positions, and offered me a position at a different store as a produce clerk, which I accepted. I was scheduled for orientation at a third location and attended orientation for a generalized briefing on what it is like to work for Schnuck's. Shortly thereafter, I was scheduled for an orientation and training at the location I would be working at and watched some awful training videos.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather have a different position?   View Answer
    A different position was agreed upon at no discernible discomfort to the interviewer, although I myself was nervous that declining one position would demonstrate unfavorable values such as a lack of dedication to the interviewer and jeopardize my chances of being accepted for any position.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schnuck Markets in November 2013.

Its a mass hiring. You go in and there is a line of people waiting for an interview. They will ask you if you have filled out an application online before coming. They will also ask if its been 60 days since you have. If your application is not current they have a table filled with paper applications. On the paper applications the will ask if you have worked with deep fryers, knives, and slicers. the also ask is you can cook and follow recipes.

Interview Questions
    • On the paper applications the will ask if you have worked with deep fryers, knives, slicers, if you can cook and follow recipes, work in a warm / hot environment, cooler / cold environment, handle heavy lifting up to 60 lbs, be on your feet for a 4-8 hour shifts, and how much cooking experience you've had. Also they say they can train you if you haven't had much experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service/Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Schnuck Markets.

This is where Schucks rocks! They are moving into the group auditions. This setting is round table, participation and enthusiasm, along with resume' will get you the job. Of course as long s verification is spot on, you are on your way to becoming a Schnucks teammate.

Center Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schnuck Markets in February 2013.

Only one interview for me, maybe two for others. Very simple, no hard questions although I was prepared for them.

No negotiation, starts at minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Schnuck Markets in July 2012.

interview process was average, interviewer was friendly and polite, gave me a choice of which department i preferred to work in, company was hiring for multiple positions, the most difficult question I was ask was to tell the employer about myself, I tried my best to without giving too much personal information,

Interview Questions
    • why should I choose to for this position verses another applicant   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schnuck Markets in May 2012.

U filled out the application and they called me about a week later.they asked me what store was a good location for me. I then went to that store had a one on one interview and then went back a couple of days laters and had a group presentation.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schnuck Markets in January 2012.

Only one interview. Apply online. Wait for an email saying come to this location. Go through the interview, which is easy. And the process is done.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't many difficult things to say. Just present yourself well, they judge off of looks, and get a little experience somewhere or they won't look at you.   Answer Question