Scholastic Book Fairs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.4

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Lake Mary, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for job through Indeed.com. Received phone call from HR roughly three weeks after applying. HR conducted phone screen that lasted thirty minutes. Walked HR through resume and profession experience and discussed why I was interested in the job. HR then scheduled an onsite interview that took place 5 days after phone screen. The two onsite interviews lasted about 45 minutes apiece. First was with manager and then with manager's manager. More about personality and character as opposed to technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Standard personality and character questions. Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager. How did you react? Talked about experience with Excel and databases systems.   Answer Question

Warehouse Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Fremont, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was friendly and down-to-earth, the interview went smoothly. The interview questions were pretty basic, nothing tricky or difficult to answer. Most questions were related to previous work experience. In the end, I wasn't available for the time they gave me, so I couldn't take the job.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have any conflicts with your co-workers? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Lacey, WA).

Interview

the culture of the branch was odd. It appeared they only hire management that can mistreat employees and be "not present" and unaware of employees. When I was hired I was told I would not be laid off (stand-by) for the summer.However, I was. What they tell you at the time of the interview turns out to never be true. They tend to give as little information as possible and will say we will get more information later. Later never comes.

Interview Questions

• Having Sales Manager ask us to help the General Manager because "his butt is on the line for not getting fair count". Odd since Sales Consultants are terminated for not obtaining their goals and the GM did not present himself to care about his employees.   Answer Question

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Lake Mary, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I didn't think I would get a call, I'm a recent grad, and don't have much experience, but they called about 2 weeks after I applied. I had a phone interview with the staffing supervisor, and after she asked me to come in for a in person interview. I interviewed with 3 different people, and it went well- they asked the normal questions. After it took about 2 weeks for them to call me back to let me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you organized and if so what so of software do you used to stay organized?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Lacey, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I should have known it was going to be a terrible job. I interviewed first with HR over the phone and was about 5 minutes at the most. I then was scheduled for an interview the following day with two supervisors. What should have made me questions things is I did my interview in a dark room. There were no lights on. Not sure if they really listened to my answers, but they just kept nodding their heads. I then met with the Inside Sales Manager and it lasted all of about 15 minutes and got the job the following day. If it takes 4 days from first phone interview to second face to face interview you have to question things. If you can bleed and breath... you can work at Scholastic Book Fairs. Actually, it might not be a requirement to breath. I think they just want a body in a chair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Fenton, MO).

Interview

I interviewed with the Sales Manager, Sales Supervisor, and also the HR manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations; everyone starts out at the same rate, unless you are a sales trainee.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Referred into vacancy by a good friend who works for SBF. Based on the referral, and before my application was submitted, HR contacted me to conduct a 30 minute pre-interview. HR interview was followed by an hour long 1:1 interview with "hiring manager." Hiring manager asked a half dozen illegal/ inappropriate interview questions (how many children, how old, tell me your child care arrangements for this position.) Hiring manager was unable to answer my question as to whether I would be eligible to participate in 401(k). Eligibility to participate in 401(k) may have swayed me to take a much lower salary than I desired. Hiring manager concluded the interview by saying that she would have to consult with her manager to determine whether they would give me an offer. Ultimately, I gave the hiring manager a "thanks, but no thanks."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

Applied for position online through a job posting. Received a screening call from Book Fair Headquarters in Lake Mary Florida. Invited for first in-person interview with hiring Sales Manager, then the General Manager for Sales and Operations. Last interview was with the Human Resources Manager. Also, phone interview with a Sales Consultant.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about how I handled difficult situations. The questions were repeated, but with a change-up in the wording.   Answer Question

Book Fair Consultant/Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs.

Interview

Be prepared for at least 4 intense interviews. Have a good understanding of inside sales and be able to do multiple tasks at the same time really well. Ask about training process-there is A LOT to learn.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If have a lot of sales experience negotiate hourly wage. Expect $35+K first year if work hard.

Product Coordinator Interview

Interview

Tell me about your last job