School District of Osceola County, FL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher Interview

Teacher

Interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL

Interview Details – (1) Look up jobs on website (2) Provide district itself with needed documentation--i.e: teaching certificate, act. (3) Contact school directly via web (4) Go on interview for specific position if the school calls you.

Interview Question – How have you gone above and beyond for a student?   Answer Question

Elementary Educator Interview

Elementary Educator
Kissimmee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL in June 2009.

Interview Details – At the initial job fair straight out of college, was thinking I was getting a position at one school, only to find out that another person (whom I knew) got the position, which she decided right at the beginning of the year to leave to return to another part of the state. She was another administrators daughter. In turn, wasted my time by talking to that specifics school administration, and not getting the opportunity to interview anywhere I really cared to teach.

Interview Question – Was very unprofessional, didn't really get asked a lot of questions, because I already knew the administration at a number of the schools, so mostly my interview consisted of an administrator talking about his party habits (he was arrested a few years later on narcotic charges).   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Kissimmee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL in May 2008.

Interview Details – Job fair for teachers, was interviewed by a county principal that I did not even end up working for in the end.

Interview Question – Not difficult at all. Standard interview questions for teaching.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations--set salary schedule as determined on the School District of Osceola County website. The rate of pay is fairly competitive with other districts in the area. Downside to this district is the good old boy mentality that still persists.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Language Arts Teacher Interview

Language Arts Teacher
Kissimmee, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL in May 2010.

Interview Details – E-mailed resume and cover letter to the principal. I heard back several days later to schedule the interview. It was one on one with the principal. At the end of a long day, he was tired and yawned frequently. Most questions were form a gallup poll that identifies characteristics of effective teachers. Most questions were easy to answer. However, the toughest question I faced was "If I called your current pricipal, what would they say about you?" This caught me completely off guard, since I read into it too closely and imagined him calling the pricipal immediately after to check if I was being honest and forthcoming with my answer. I answered the questions poorly, when I should have used some BS. (My reputation is solid, but not 100% over the top positive) As we know, some interview questions are best to be BS'ed, while others are best answered with complete honesty. I went with absolute forthcomingness, which I believe cost me the offer.

So watch out for this quesiton! Good luck.

Interview Question – What would your current prinicpal say about you?   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee
Kissimmee, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL in July 2008.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by a three person pannel which I found odd seeing as how it was a college student job of 15 hrs a week and paid 8 dolalrs/hr at the time.

Interview Question – What was the last movie you saw?- tell us about it.   View Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the HR Manager, who asked me questions about my past teaching experience.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because your pay rate is set.

Worked for School District of Osceola County, FL? Contribute to the Community!