School District of Philadelphia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Rather amaturish. The interview was a group interview with some people sitting in the room appearing to have no idea of the requirements of the position. It felt that they were in the room to give the appearance of the process being open.

Interview Question – there were no unexpected questions. They were rather superficial: Why do you want to work for a public entity? You do realize that we are hiring you during a very difficult financial situation and yet you want to work here? (Of course, otherwise I would not have applied)   Answer Question

Teacher

I applied in-person - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia in September 2010.

Interview Details – There were no issues with this process. Everything seemed scripted and perfunctory. I had no major issues with the process. I did have to go to several locations but that has changed and there is only one location that you have to go to now.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Three step process. Written English and Math Test, Typing test, interview with a principal.

Interview Question – All questions were easy. Situations in school office. Common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Filed out application online and met with a HR rep a few days later at the school. It was an an awesome interview and I really liked my interviewer. I received an on spot job offer.

Interview Question – How would best handle an unruly parent?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a salary scale.

Biology Teacher Interview

Biology Teacher
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews are never one on one, there is usually a team so be prepared if you are the nervous type. Some interviewers are snobby.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you for this job? I have other candidates   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They sent an email as the job offer and told me I had received the job

Special Education Teacher Interview

Special Education Teacher
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Someone calls you or sets up an in person interview so that you receive your "score" upon which you are ranked against all others with your same seniority (they do not explain that at first). Then, they ask you a series of benign questions.

Interview Question – How would you differentiate your teaching in a class where you have students who excel and students who struggle?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is set based on your experience and your education.

Mail Clerk Interview

Mail Clerk
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the mail room supervisor. He as me multiple question mainly if I could handle a high work load. He let me know the training is a must and told me sorting and delivering mail is 70% of the work load.

Interview Question – I didn't have no problems with the interview process.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – I actually interviewed for my job four weeks after being hired. Interview was scored 0-100%, yet now management wants to do away with tenure and seniority.

Interview Question – How often should a teacher be assessing his or her students.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – This happened with the district on the phone. They asked:
-How I would handle a disruptive student
-How I would handle my principal telling me to stop one of my practices and use a different technique, even though I know my technique works for my specific class
-What is my teaching motto.
-How do I teach to people who have had disruptive home lives, and do I realize that they may bring something into the classroom due to that
-How do I differentiate for many types of students

Interview Question – How do I deal with students who disrupt class?   View Answer

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was not contacted by submitting my resume through the school districts website. I had to contact someone in the HR office directly through email and apply for a specific job that I heard was opening. Upon contacting this person they told me that I was not qualified for this position but that she would forward my resume on to 3 positions at different schools that I was certified to teach and then I was contacted by those principals.

Interview Question – What would you do to increase student attendance in this classroom where less then 80% of the students attend class on a regular basis.   Answer Question

Worked for School District of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!