School District of Philadelphia

School District of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything is completed online through Teacher Match. You must complete a teaching inventory that if you time out you can not apply for 6 months. You upload documents into teachers match and then await a call or a email.

Interview Questions

• How does your lesson address student competency?   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was invited by email after I applied online.

1. How do you handle disruptive students who aren't interested in listening?
    2. How would you incorporate student culture?
    3. How would you use technology in the classroom?
    4. What is your philosophy of teaching?

Be sure to be calm and personable. Show your interest in the school.

Interview Questions

• See above.

They also asked me to tell about myself.

1 Answer

Negotiation

The salaries are non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Received my certification in mid July and shortly after interviewed with PSD. Went through 1 phone interview and then moved onto interview with schools directly. All interviews were with the principal and a group of teachers.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about:
      -Content Knowledge
      -Teaching Philosophy
      -Previous experience

Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Rather amaturish. The interview was a group interview with some people sitting in the room appearing to have no idea of the requirements of the position. It felt that they were in the room to give the appearance of the process being open.

Interview Questions

• there were no unexpected questions. They were rather superficial: Why do you want to work for a public entity? You do realize that we are hiring you during a very difficult financial situation and yet you want to work here? (Of course, otherwise I would not have applied)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview

Three step process. Written English and Math Test, Typing test, interview with a principal.

Interview Questions

• All questions were easy. Situations in school office. Common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview

Filed out application online and met with a HR rep a few days later at the school. It was an an awesome interview and I really liked my interviewer. I received an on spot job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is a salary scale.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Someone calls you or sets up an in person interview so that you receive your "score" upon which you are ranked against all others with your same seniority (they do not explain that at first). Then, they ask you a series of benign questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate your teaching in a class where you have students who excel and students who struggle?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is set based on your experience and your education.

Mail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I had one interview with the mail room supervisor. He as me multiple question mainly if I could handle a high work load. He let me know the training is a must and told me sorting and delivering mail is 70% of the work load.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I actually interviewed for my job four weeks after being hired. Interview was scored 0-100%, yet now management wants to do away with tenure and seniority.

Interview Questions

• How often should a teacher be assessing his or her students.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This happened with the district on the phone. They asked:
    -How I would handle a disruptive student
    -How I would handle my principal telling me to stop one of my practices and use a different technique, even though I know my technique works for my specific class
    -What is my teaching motto.
    -How do I teach to people who have had disruptive home lives, and do I realize that they may bring something into the classroom due to that
    -How do I differentiate for many types of students

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with students who disrupt class?   1 Answer