School District of Philadelphia

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher

I applied in-person - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia in September 2010.

Interview Details – There were no issues with this process. Everything seemed scripted and perfunctory. I had no major issues with the process. I did have to go to several locations but that has changed and there is only one location that you have to go to now.

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Filed out application online and met with a HR rep a few days later at the school. It was an an awesome interview and I really liked my interviewer. I received an on spot job offer.

Interview Question – How would best handle an unruly parent?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a salary scale.

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – I actually interviewed for my job four weeks after being hired. Interview was scored 0-100%, yet now management wants to do away with tenure and seniority.

Interview Question – How often should a teacher be assessing his or her students.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – This happened with the district on the phone. They asked:
-How I would handle a disruptive student
-How I would handle my principal telling me to stop one of my practices and use a different technique, even though I know my technique works for my specific class
-What is my teaching motto.
-How do I teach to people who have had disruptive home lives, and do I realize that they may bring something into the classroom due to that
-How do I differentiate for many types of students

Interview Question – How do I deal with students who disrupt class?   View Answer

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at School District of Philadelphia in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was not contacted by submitting my resume through the school districts website. I had to contact someone in the HR office directly through email and apply for a specific job that I heard was opening. Upon contacting this person they told me that I was not qualified for this position but that she would forward my resume on to 3 positions at different schools that I was certified to teach and then I was contacted by those principals.

Interview Question – What would you do to increase student attendance in this classroom where less then 80% of the students attend class on a regular basis.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia in March 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted a bunch of documents through the Philadelphia Teaching Fellows process at the central headquarters for the school district.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses in the classroom?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for School District of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at School District of Philadelphia Teacher interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by School District of Philadelphia employees and interview candidates.