School Specialty

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Greenville, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at School Specialty in June 2009.

Interview Details – What about places like School Specialty in Greenville, Wisconsin? They had me jump through hoops for a part time customer service job. I scored 100 percent on a data entry exam, was interviewed by 2 people. Then they sent me a so-called personality test. They said “be careful you don’t lie”, “lots of people do”. One question was: Are you a Conservative or Liberal. Since I am a Moderate, there is no fairness in this question. Very invasive questions that shouldn’t be on an employment exam, anyway.. (about 180 questions) How about this one? Would you sent your bad food back in a restaurant or shove it to the edge of your plate? Since I would send mine back, that must indicate that I couldn’t be easily manipulated. This is supposedly a legitimate business. I found out they hired someone 25 years younger than me for this job. They don’t want to hire people who are over 55 years old, possibly.

I am perplexed as to how one is told there are no right or wrong answers on this very strange test, yet, you have to "pass" it in order to get hired. Quite laughable, actually. Since I was a rep for Kimberly Clark for a decade, until they eliminated our department. This interviewer said I had to pass this test in order to be a rep. I'm a little ahead of you guys, I would say.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you were the only one to help a customer? Not that hard, but was same question for each place I worked. (too hard to remember for places from long ago)   Answer Question

Worked for School Specialty? Contribute to the Community!