School Specialty Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.3

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at School Specialty (Greenville, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy. The whole process was very quick. Applied online and then phone interview, then in person interview and then job offer. It was all very typical and not much different then any other job. This is a call center position and you will be doing so many different things. The customer care advocate title is kind of misleading. It is more like your going to do a little bit of everything and were only going to train you on one aspect and then throw you out to the wolves.

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at School Specialty in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with consulting tech onsite during the job and off-site manager at remote location.
    It was a very simple interview just asking experience I had. Confusion over how many hours/pay rate were not clear and changed from the time I excepted the job and before I started.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I new how to support Zebra printers and I thought that Eltrons were the same thing(which I have experience) so unfortunately it created some problems.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very non-chalant. Company seems to be looking for warm bodies to replace seasoned employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customers that are working with a competitor who has claimed you are in financial distress?   Answer Question

Account Manager ( Sales) Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at School Specialty.

Interview

I dont think I can recall a more disorganized review process ever in my two decades in sales. The iniitaly screener (recruiter) was more interested in discussing her personal life than my skills and background or the job. A big turn off to say the least. She couldnt answer the most basic questions about salary expectations, hiring time frame, training etc. I had also read some very very negative and consistent reviews about School Specialty and her response was "Well you can't always believe what you read on the internet..." Yikes! Now that's a scary answer. a well trained recruter would know how to laser in on those types of candidate concerns and addrees them immediatly. I chose not to continue on with the process after this experience. I was also concerned about this company's financial stability.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at School Specialty.

Interview

I received an email response initially to let me know they interested in talking with me. I then emailed several times to determine a time for the interview. I rec'd a call back to a few months later for the interview but they offered it to someone else. I was told that I would be contacted if additional opportunities became available

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at School Specialty (Greenville, WI) in June 2009.

Interview

What about places like School Specialty in Greenville, Wisconsin? They had me jump through hoops for a part time customer service job. I scored 100 percent on a data entry exam, was interviewed by 2 people. Then they sent me a so-called personality test. They said “be careful you don’t lie”, “lots of people do”. One question was: Are you a Conservative or Liberal. Since I am a Moderate, there is no fairness in this question. Very invasive questions that shouldn’t be on an employment exam, anyway.. (about 180 questions) How about this one? Would you sent your bad food back in a restaurant or shove it to the edge of your plate? Since I would send mine back, that must indicate that I couldn’t be easily manipulated. This is supposedly a legitimate business. I found out they hired someone 25 years younger than me for this job. They don’t want to hire people who are over 55 years old, possibly.

I am perplexed as to how one is told there are no right or wrong answers on this very strange test, yet, you have to "pass" it in order to get hired. Quite laughable, actually. Since I was a rep for Kimberly Clark for a decade, until they eliminated our department. This interviewer said I had to pass this test in order to be a rep. I'm a little ahead of you guys, I would say.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were the only one to help a customer? Not that hard, but was same question for each place I worked. (too hard to remember for places from long ago)   Answer Question

Manifest Operator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at School Specialty (Nashua, NH) in June 2009.

Interview

do i have a pulse... literally, this is what i was asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation... the pay was low, only 9.00 to start.

Contracts Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at School Specialty (Greenville, WI) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview for this position was very professional. I was already working for SSI. I enjoyed the questions regarding gross profits and product knowledge. All promises made to me were kept by my manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very professional

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at School Specialty (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR - lasted an hour; general experience questions - told me all about the role, getting to know me. Set up phone interview with VP of Marketing alongside HR for part of the call. Then wrapped up call (about 2 hrs) on my own. Was offered position within 2 days of 2nd interview.

Negotiation

I was offered the job 2 days later - I counter offered, waited on response - received reply from VP and moved forward with signing of offer.

Managing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at School Specialty in September 2010.

Interview

Talked with recruiter, phone interviewed with 2 people and personal interviews with 3 others