Schuh Limited Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schuh Limited

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schuh Limited in August 2014.

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schuh Limited in August 2014.
    nterview Details I had applied for the position thoroughly at the end of July (27th)
    and it took about three weeks for initial communication via phone to offer an interview.

I was contacted on the Tuesday and the interview was that Friday. 2 hours after the group interview, they called me to say I was successful. My induction is tomorrow.

Interview Questions:
    What do you know about the company history?
    What is special about Schuh?
    What is good customer service?
    What was your best and worst customer service experiences and why?
    Describe the ideal Schuh employee (We had to split into two groups and do a poster about this)

There was an icebreaker at the beginning, where we got into pairs and had to present the other person to everyone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. We were told about the salary and start date in the interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covent Garden, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covent Garden, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Schuh Limited in July 2014.

I had applied for the position thoroughly at the beginning of the month (July 2nd, 2014) and it took approximately two weeks for initial communication via phone to offer an interview. As many will know, it was a group interview: really casual and felt like a huge "personality and individuality contest" in many ways due to nature of the stores' ethos.

I had been communicated on the Wednesday and my interview had taken place on the Friday.

I had then been immediately communicated the next morning saying that I was successful, between two 8-person groups.

My induction will be someday next week.
    Interview was abnormal at first sight, due to what I'm use to but it was about time interviews were fun, casual and relaxed!

I can tell I'm going to love the small family of employees, as there is phenomenal management team and great ways to progress alongside the best retail environment I've seen in a long long time!

Interview Questions
    • What knowledge do you acquire about the company history of Schuh?   Answer Question
    • What was your best and worst customer service experiences and why?   Answer Question
    • Explain each ethos (displayed in the interview room) and what that personally means to you?   Answer Question
    • There is 5-10 minute time slot for you create a role play about the ethos of Schuh and how that is important to the company.   Answer Question

Group interview

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a million pounds what kind of business would you start   View Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schuh Limited in September 2013.

I applied online then 3 weeks later I received a phone call invite to a phone interview the next day. After the phone interview I was told there and then that I had passed and was asked to complete a task which was emailed to me. The same day I was asked to attend an interview the following day. The interview was relaxed and informal although in the head office, and the interviewer was friendly and polite - not intimidating at all. I accepted the position the next day. The office seemed like a great working environment.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schuh Limited in September 2011.

Applied via the jobcentre website. Was contacted within a week and had an interview within a few days. Met the management who were friendly and engaging, conducting a professional interview with as answers to my questions as i gave to theirs. Was told to give a week before hearing if i was successful, but was contacted the next day. Started when the store opened and was made part of the team straight away.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, a difficult question would usually be about their ordering service (which i had researched)   Answer Question
    no negotiation, i was told my potential salary and start date in the interview