Schuh Limited

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.4

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schuh Limited in February 2015.

I applied on line and recieved a phone call the next day, arranging an interview for the following wednesday. The interview was a group one, held at my local job centre. The interview was fun and relaxed, and lasted for 2 hours. We were given a few 'get to know each other tasks' after briefly introducing ourselves to the group.

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hastings, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schuh Limited in February 2015.

a group interview and games and tasks including talking through what we thought things meant and manager talking about in general term the company an what she wanted out of the team

Interview Questions
    • there was a fun pass the football with numbers game and each number corresponded to a casual question like' describe your dancing like someone else' or what is your ultimate life goal?
      brainstorming each of the companys guidelines e.g. care and respect for customers and colleagues

Answer Question

Christmas Temp Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schuh Limited.

I applied online, got a telephone call to ask if i wanted to attend a group interview the next day. Went to the group interview and got a call 2 days later to say i had got the job!

No negotiation

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schuh Limited in November 2014.

I applied for Schuh online (the application allowed me to really sell myself) and got a phone call 3 days later from the store manager who was friendly and chatty over the phone; my group interview was the next day at 6pm. As the three interviewing us had to close the store and cash up we waited on the sofas and talked about what college we went to, what other jobs we had etc., which made me feel more relaxed as I felt I knew the other interviewees before it had even begun.

We had to bring an item which described us so I took a book about a photographer, which had inspired me to start a new hobby and take the subject for A Level. We paired up in the interview and told each other about our items, which was presented back to the group. Everyone was a bit nervous but it got us all chatting and the interviewers (Training Manager, part-time Advisor and full-time Advisor) asked questions to keep the presentations flowing, but didn't interrupt or anything so it was easier than I thought it would be. The next task was to get into groups of three and write down what we thought the 7 values of the company are; this sounded childish when I'd read that it happened at other interviews but when we fed these back to the group I was able to give examples of things I'd learned in my previous retail job, expanding on my team's points which seemed to really impress the Manager.

The interview lasted about an hour and a couple of us stayed after to have a quick chat about availability etc.; the only days I had to be definitely available were the 26th and 27th December, which were fine for me.

The Manager said she would let us know on Friday (two days after the interview) to let us know if we'd got the job. She answered everyone's questions thoroughly and I was impressed at how natural, friendly and informal the interview was.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schuh Limited in August 2014.

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schuh Limited in August 2014.
    nterview Details I had applied for the position thoroughly at the end of July (27th)
    and it took about three weeks for initial communication via phone to offer an interview.

I was contacted on the Tuesday and the interview was that Friday. 2 hours after the group interview, they called me to say I was successful. My induction is tomorrow.

Interview Questions:
    What do you know about the company history?
    What is special about Schuh?
    What is good customer service?
    What was your best and worst customer service experiences and why?
    Describe the ideal Schuh employee (We had to split into two groups and do a poster about this)

There was an icebreaker at the beginning, where we got into pairs and had to present the other person to everyone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. We were told about the salary and start date in the interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covent Garden, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covent Garden, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Schuh Limited in July 2014.

I had applied for the position thoroughly at the beginning of the month (July 2nd, 2014) and it took approximately two weeks for initial communication via phone to offer an interview. As many will know, it was a group interview: really casual and felt like a huge "personality and individuality contest" in many ways due to nature of the stores' ethos.

I had been communicated on the Wednesday and my interview had taken place on the Friday.

I had then been immediately communicated the next morning saying that I was successful, between two 8-person groups.

My induction will be someday next week.
    Interview was abnormal at first sight, due to what I'm use to but it was about time interviews were fun, casual and relaxed!

I can tell I'm going to love the small family of employees, as there is phenomenal management team and great ways to progress alongside the best retail environment I've seen in a long long time!

Interview Questions
    • What knowledge do you acquire about the company history of Schuh?   Answer Question
    • What was your best and worst customer service experiences and why?   Answer Question
    • Explain each ethos (displayed in the interview room) and what that personally means to you?   Answer Question
    • There is 5-10 minute time slot for you create a role play about the ethos of Schuh and how that is important to the company.   Answer Question

Group interview

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a million pounds what kind of business would you start   View Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schuh Limited in September 2013.

I applied online then 3 weeks later I received a phone call invite to a phone interview the next day. After the phone interview I was told there and then that I had passed and was asked to complete a task which was emailed to me. The same day I was asked to attend an interview the following day. The interview was relaxed and informal although in the head office, and the interviewer was friendly and polite - not intimidating at all. I accepted the position the next day. The office seemed like a great working environment.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schuh Limited in September 2011.

Applied via the jobcentre website. Was contacted within a week and had an interview within a few days. Met the management who were friendly and engaging, conducting a professional interview with as answers to my questions as i gave to theirs. Was told to give a week before hearing if i was successful, but was contacted the next day. Started when the store opened and was made part of the team straight away.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, a difficult question would usually be about their ordering service (which i had researched)   Answer Question
    no negotiation, i was told my potential salary and start date in the interview