Schulman Ronca Interview Questions

1.8

Research Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Schulman Ronca.

Interview

I was hired about 12 years ago, so then, the hiring process was different. Now you apply online, wait for a call from hr. a few preliminary questions by phone before you are scheduled for a 3 day training class where you must pass a spelling, reading and writing test. you are allowed to miss three words ( usually they are , RESPONDENT,STATISTICAL, and I can't remember the last one, If you pass the class & the tests, you are hired.

Negotiation

no negotiating of salary. It is what it is. $8.50 per hr to start, after x amount of hrs , $9 after x amount more $9.50

Survey Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schulman Ronca.

Interview

Called people throughout out the country

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Schulman Ronca (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Hiring is done on-line. Advertises on Craigslist.org. If one can spell ok and can work on a computer, you're almost guaranteed being hired. Training involves sessions of 3-5 days. Once in the field, you are on probation for 30 days where you have to get permission from a supervisor to enter certain things on your computer. Workers are constantly bored in the job and seek to go on cell phones, read, or talk to neighbors, all forbidden. Many eat at their desks, including supervisors (also forbidden) Smoking breaks are ignored as a break.

Interview Questions

• Call dispositions. Each call is to be categorized (ans. machine, no answer, etc) but some categories are ill defined and are difficult to categorize.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schulman Ronca (Silver Spring, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

After applying online, was contacted by email for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a recitation of prior relevant work experience. I was then asked to come in to the office for a face-to-face interview with her supervisor. The 1:1 interview consisted of more technical questions concerning survey research experience and experience with SPSS. Both interviewers were very candid about the office culture and the job and the interviews were very relaxed. I was told I would hear back in a week or so about their decision, but I did not hear back. Overall, a good interview experience, however I wish I would have been contacted about their decision since they said that they would.

Interview Questions

• What is the extent of your experience using SPSS? Have you used SPSS syntax?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schulman Ronca (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

First, met with 4 different people for about 20 minutes each. Then, was asked to come back to meet with the VP.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schulman Ronca in October 2008.

Interview

I was directed to the job by an employer at my University where I was not hired due to budget shortfalls. After applying online I got an email from the woman performing the hiring thanking me for applying and that they would be contacting candidates a few weeks after the deadline. I got a phone call a few weeks later and they wanted to set up a phone interview whenever I was available. The phone interview consisted of traditional questions, nothing out of the ordinary. After the interview I was called back a few days to a week later and informed that they would like me to start soon, which ended up being a month and a half later at my behest, and to go over a few details such as pay. I also insisted on meeting them all face to face before starting.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your references, would they say that you are reliable?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was an internship there wasn't much negotiation. I was offered $12 an hour but managed to bump it up to $12.50 due to a miscommunication. I've since learned that this company has very generous compensation, and will usually give more than you even ask for (being an internship mine was more of an exception), so shoot for the stars in salary negotiations!