Schulte Roth & Zabel Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schulte Roth & Zabel

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY).

Interview

You can apply online or through your law school if it participates in an interview program where the firm attends. There is a short, initial, 20 minute interview. Then, presumably, there are some follow-up communications, callback interviews at the office with other attorneys, and then offers.

Interview Questions

• "Let's say I go back to management and say that I have this candidate who is very bright and would do well in the job. They are concerned that he (you) will come to the firm, stay for a few years, take advantage of our training programs, and then leave us to go somewhere else. How should I respond?"   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was arranged through a recruiter. I interviewed with the Paralegal Manager, one partner and one associate from the particular practice group. The Paralegal Manager gave me a company over view, went over benefits, explained the position and practice group. I then met with the attorneys who asked me about my background and explained what they were looking for in a paralegal. Although the meeting with the attorneys was very brief, I did spend a lot of time with the Paralegal Manager. Overall, it was a comfortable experience.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY).

Interview

The Recruiter set up the interview. I met with the Legal Assistant Director and Legal Assistant Manager first. They did not know what I would be doing so it was more of a screening process and explanation of generic legal assistant responsibilities, i.e. billing, work schedule, information about an office, benefits, etc. Then, I met with a Legal Assistant, five Attorneys and one Partner from the Practice Group. Some of them asked me questions about my knowledge and explained what they expected of me. They were all very professional, friendly and this particular Practice Group had a family-like atmosphere, which proved to be genuine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were open to negotiation. Tip: Be sure to get everything you negotiate in writing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a great interviewing experience. I got to interview with partners and associates and came away very impressed with the firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview and callback shortly thereafter.

Callback consisted of meeting with 4 or 5 attorneys, some associates and some partners.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting project you worked on this past summer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I met some of their recruiters on campus. They were all very nice. I submitted my resume with them and was selected to come in and interview with 2 of their associates. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have categorically disagreed with your supervisor about a particular decision. What was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was arranged through my school's Off-Campus Interview program. I met with a partner who then reviewed my resume, writing sample, and transcript on the spot and began to ask questions concerning my resume. He spent much time talking himself and did not appear interested in even conducting the interview; got the feeling he was there not by choice. He rarely made eye contact when speaking with me and answered my questions with standard, neutral answers about firm culture, turnover, layoffs, etc. It was an unavoidable question as the firm had been laying off associates, so I had to ask if being a summer associate meant there was a chance I would not receive an offer for full-time employment. Turns out that is the case.

Interview Questions

• What was something that surprised you about law school?   Answer Question