Schwan's

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rocklin, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schwan's in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager on December 17, 2010 and it appeared to go quite well. I was told by the HM that a decision would not be made until after the holidays as he would be out for holidays. I followed up with a thank you letter, thanking him for taking the time to interview me.
Unfortunately, I have not heard from him or any response since the interview.
I can understand no response if I just sent an application, however they called me for an interview. It would be nice and professional of them to respond one way or another.

Interview Questions

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schwan's in March 2010.

Interview Details – Received phone call for interview date of next day. Met with the GM. He was very open and honest with his expectations of very long hours (12+ per day). No Sick Pay, nearly no Holiday Pay. If you are sick you have to make it up on a Saturday, etc. He wanted to make sure everything was explained in order to find the right candidate for the job. I decided that I would not fit into this position as I have an active life outside of work. Two weeks vacation after one year can be taken in 1 week increments. 401k will match up to 5% after first year. Overall experience was positive because he was open and honest. They just need an employee that does not have a life outside of work.

Interview Question – What have you done for the last 15 years?   View Answer

Longview, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in October 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview went well. I will have my 1 on 1 interview tomorrow. I have been researching the company. Not sure what to think. So many negative and positives. I believe I will play it by ear.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schwan's in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview within 24 hours of applying online, and a personal interview within a few days. The next step was riding with a current employee for part of a day.

I didn't hear much for nearly 2 months afterwards, and had written off Schwan's. Out of the blue, I got a phone call offering me a job.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, just one odd one: "How will your wife & family feel about you being gone 12 or 14 hours a day?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The job & the comp structure are what they are.

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was told more of what Schwan's is versus what the job entails which would have been nice because it wasn't until I got sick that I found out that I had no sick leave to take advantage.

Interview Question – Describe a little about yourself typical   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in April 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter interviewed me over the phone first. Then he emailed me a link for intelligence and personality testing. Once that was completed and I fit what they were looking for, I was scheduled for an interview with the Location General Manager. I interviewed with the boss, did a ride along with a driver and then was offered a conditional offer of employment pending physical/drug/background.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They expect their employees to work a TON of hours, which doesn't bother me at all.

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!