Schwan's Home Service

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fremont, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schwan's Home Service.

Interview Details – Standard interview about customer service and expectations of providing service to customers. Learning the products, pricing and territory easy. Ability to learn the truck, delivery and customer service left to other senior rsr's.

Interview Question – Later, learned that the RSR handheld was 1980's equivalent. Also, GM had poor opinion on several customers in territory and was very bigoted and derogatory to supporting or helping customers with problems leaving me in a problem solving position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation provided or countered

Territory Sales Leader Interview

Territory Sales Leader
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schwan's Home Service in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within 6 months after I started. You are paid more if hired from the outside. The hiring questions are the typical behavior interview questions. The process will involve Human Resoures, District manager and Vice President in charge of that portion of the country.

Interview Question – VP asked me if I were to talk with your past co workers, what would they say was your weeknees. Hard to answer when your trying to look good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internal hire, not much. Here is your wage.

Territory Sales Leader Interview

Territory Sales Leader

Interviewed at Schwan's Home Service

Interview Details – It was joke. No one knows what to ask. They had some paperwork and asked random template questions. Like what experience do you have. The rest was bragging about their company and their food and all was a big lie.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Schwan's Home Service

Interview Details – The process included two separate interviews. I went through the first interview and was asked to come back for the second. I wasn't originally offered the job but did get a call back a few months after and was hired over the phone.

Interview Question – Pretty standard in their questions. Behavioral based   Answer Question

Interviewed at Schwan's Home Service

Interview Details – 2 interviews, background check took so long that I almost went to another job. Their background check company drags their feet and is very slow. Benefit package and compensation was not discussed very well with interviewee.

Route Sales Interview

Route Sales
Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Schwan's Home Service in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview and had the job I had worked there before for 13 years

Interview Question – What can you offer to this company   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's Home Service in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was very detailed, and you could ask any questions. Nothing held back. Everything explained as far as how the process works, including ride along, drug test, DOT physical, how they supply all your clothing, the discount on food, and how the pay system works.

Interview Question – Are you willing to build new business?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All done thru the national recruiter. He was very good to work with, and everything that he said would happen, did. Very good process.

Route Manager Interview

Route Manager
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schwan's Home Service.

Interview Details – applied online and they called me that day...should have been clue they are needing people

Interview Question – nothing really special   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Associate Territory Sales Leader Interview

Associate Territory Sales Leader

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's Home Service in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, then a 2d online application with details not required in the initial application and a Hogan Fit questionnaire. That was followed by a F2F with the District Sales Leader and phone interviews with the Regional VP and HR. Took about six weeks, but I received an offer before the date I was available.

Interview Question – Standard questions. Some SAO questions.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's Home Service in January 2010.

Interview Details – Complete background check, drug check, driving background check, DOT history check, work history check, reference check

Interview Question – Do you pee in the shower?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schwan's Home Service

Worked for Schwan's Home Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schwan's Home Service interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schwan's Home Service employees and interview candidates.