Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.3

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Applied on Glassdoor and the Schwans website (took a personality test and filled an application) and received a call a few days later from the recruiter. After a short conversation/ interview, he told me to go to the depot to interview with the area manager. The interview there was a breeze. Mostly a personality test. I did a ride along the next day, a physical the day after. Started working two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Schwan's commom values are growth, hard work, helping one another, enthusiasm and integrity. What is the most important to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Phone call interview by HR rep that asks you a few basic questions about yourself. Next day regional recruiting manager calls you and asks you some easy questions about doing sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient, first a call from a recruiter and then a call from a local manager. I was asked to do a ride along for a day to see if the job would be something that I would like to do. The manager was extremely nice as well as the driver that I did my ride along with. Overall the company seemed to be a good company. I believe that there is some re-structuring going on company-wide, but it seems as if the changes are going to benefit the employees. Overall it was a pleasant and good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be available for evenings and Saturdays. I was asked if I could pass a DOT exam and testing. The company is very customer service based, so I was asked various scenario questions as well.   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmoreland, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Westmoreland, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Worst and longest process ive ever gone threw. They take for ever to get back to you. Dont do it.went for a ride along they told me about 2-4 hrs long.no one was around whenbi finally found someone. He was miserable and didnt know anything about it.when he finally found out it was going to be a 10 hr ride on a Saturday. I said sorry I cant. Tried to contract manager about confusin he never got back to me.not very professional in my opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well the guy was amazing that called spent a while on the phone just discussing all kinds of things which set the tone for the company. The interview process went smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, called in 2 days to setup interview. Interview was generally questions about sales experience and how to handle difficult situations. Was told if considered would do a day long ride along on my own expense to determine if I would like the job. After the ride along, I was asked to if I wanted the job, and did a drug screen and DOT physical. After that HIRERIGHT started my background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being home or spending time that you would be required too otherwise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offer was set in stone and offered at $115.00 per day during training. Commission wouldn't be offered until after the MGR felt I was ready to task the job as a full salesman. Usually 6 weeks is what I was told.

Interview

Easy, be yourself, don't lie or hide any information. One on one interview, then a phone interview with a higher up in the company, after that you are required to complete a drug test. After you pass everything Schwan's will train you for the job, typically takes 6 weeks complete but you are paid training pay.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Eagan, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with their depot managers. Very friendly and helpful explaining their needs and the roll of the job for the company. Their hiring managers are very positive and take a lot of pride in the company. They are interested in bringing in positive, team oriented individuals that are self motivated and driven. A great work environment from what I could see from my experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly your background and your experience selling products etc. They are interested in your goals and interests. Many of the questions center around your motivation and your personal drive to be self directed and motivated.   Answer Question

RSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

They tell you all sorts of lies to get you to take the job.It was like they wanted me more than I even needed a job. They try and sell the job to you basically. It is the worst job that I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• How well do you interact with people you don't know,.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Recruiter then a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. Interview consisted of a review on my background and then some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. Hardest questions were regarding sourcing techniques used.   Answer Question