Schwan's

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.4

Senior Manager Product Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in July 2010.

First, applied for position online. Online application is very detailed and takes quite a bit of time. However, once you've done it, you can use it to apply for other positions. Next, got call back from internal HR for initial screening. Having passed that, had a 60 minute interview call with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Share a time that you conceived of an idea and brought it to marketplace.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schwan's in December 2008.

It was a meeting with the owner of a landscape company. I was unprepared for what the company needs and expectations were.I should have researched the company and the product. The fact that I was completely ignorant about plants, grass and trees. regardless of my ability to learn, was probably a good reason nt to hire me.

Deployment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in October 2009.

The hiring process began with a phone interview with the position's recruiter. I then had to go back 3 separate time for both group and 1:1 interviews, which was annoying. Professional work culture in a very nice suburban office setting. I met with the people who would become my co-workers along with the department's management and Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Please provide an example where you had to solve a difficult problem. How did you handle it?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate but looking back I wish I would have at least tried to get a higher salary.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Schwan's in January 2012.

HR background check outsourced to HireRight - not very good, and does not take into account what the employee requests for privacy and confidentiality - ie called my current and past employers.
    I was not sure what the offer package was during the interview process.

Territory Sales Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in February 2010.

Will first be screened by recruiter, then formal interview with district sales leader and followed by regional v.p. after you get hired, they do a background check as well as a drug/ dot test to make sure your fit to drive their trucks.

Interview Questions
    • Your going to work 60 hours a week plus, you'll be expected to be on the truck 2 to 3 days a week at a minimum working with your people and that's if your staffed. You'll be expected to run the routes yourself if your not and theirs no help available from neighboring depots all along while managing 6 to 15 other route sales people along with your warehouse crew, maintaining safety, maintaining dot compliance, depot training and etc..... Tell me what a normal work week is for you and a time where you had to multi task projects and what the outcome was?   Answer Question
    Salary

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in January 2010.

Complete background check, drug check, driving background check, DOT history check, work history check, reference check

none

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in June 2013.

there were a total of 3 interviews ,1 ride along, background check then a DOT physical

no negotiation

District Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in July 2014.

I was first contacted by a Sr. Recruiter on the phone. That conversation lasted about 45 minutes, then was followed up by another phone interview. Following that, I went through a face-to-face interview with an HR manager at a Regional office, then a face-to-face interview with the Regional VP of the area. All interviews were a great experience. I was happy to see the type of qualities they were looking for like "Leadership qualities" instead of "Management capabilities".

That being said, I didn't get the job... but the experience was extremely pleasant. It inspired me to become a Schwan's customer.

Interview Questions
    • I was not surprised by any questions really... It felt more like a conversation between professionals than an interview in every case. One question was "can you describe some of your leadership philosophies?"   View Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schwan's in June 2013.

The hiring process is very lengthy you have to go on a 12 hour ride along then you interview two more times they build a very good picture but the reality is you will never get to where you are promised financially The training you receive is a joke I was thrown a wallet with about 2.40 in dimes nickels and pennies and told go run this route i lost Alot of sales due to no change

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation this is it

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schwan's in December 2013.

You are brought into the office. You meet with the hiring director and then two co-workers. They as you normal interview questions about your experiences. You get a chance to get a feel for the team and see how you might fit. They are very strict on where you went to school if you don't have the experience.