Schwan's

42 candidate interviews

Deployment Planner Interview

Deployment Planner
Bloomington, MN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with a phone interview with the position's recruiter. I then had to go back 3 separate time for both group and 1:1 interviews, which was annoying. Professional work culture in a very nice suburban office setting. I met with the people who would become my co-workers along with the department's management and Vice President.

Interview Question – Please provide an example where you had to solve a difficult problem. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but looking back I wish I would have at least tried to get a higher salary.

Senior Manager Product Development Interview

Senior Manager Product Development

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2010.

Interview Details – First, applied for position online. Online application is very detailed and takes quite a bit of time. However, once you've done it, you can use it to apply for other positions. Next, got call back from internal HR for initial screening. Having passed that, had a 60 minute interview call with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Share a time that you conceived of an idea and brought it to marketplace.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schwan's in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was a meeting with the owner of a landscape company. I was unprepared for what the company needs and expectations were.I should have researched the company and the product. The fact that I was completely ignorant about plants, grass and trees. regardless of my ability to learn, was probably a good reason nt to hire me.

Interview Question – Did I know the differences in trees   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Schwan's in January 2012.

Interview Details – HR background check outsourced to HireRight - not very good, and does not take into account what the employee requests for privacy and confidentiality - ie called my current and past employers.
I was not sure what the offer package was during the interview process.

Interview Question – Will you work more than 10 hours per day?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty formal. The LGM asked about myself and goals. The LGMalso spoke about the company, their products and how the compensation was changing yo pretty much straight commission instead of salary.

Interview Question – How did you hear about this job?   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Schwan's in June 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was 1:1, great overview of job and responsibilities and facility. Was informed there would be a phone interview the following day. The phone interview went great, discussed several aspects of the job and I provided overview of my skills and accomplishments that married well with the job. At the conclusion of the interview I was informed I was 1 of 3 interviewing for the position and there would be another phone interview within two to three days. The final phone interview was a recap of the previous interviews and concluded within 15 minutes. I wrote thank you letter after the interview and called the initial interviewer after a week to follow up and was told I was still under consideration. I received no calls or correspondence from Schwan's about the position. Not certain if that is company policy or not, however very unprofessional. I expected more from what I perceived to be a very friendly down to earth family company.

Interview Question – Explain a time you solved a problem you thought was beyond your ability?   Answer Question

CSM Interview

CSM

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schwan's in June 2010.

Interview Details – Lgm called me two days after I applied set up the interview he said he had more to do and that he would call with his decison about a week later I got the call.

Interview Question – How much money do you want to make   Answer Question

Longview, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in October 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview went well. I will have my 1 on 1 interview tomorrow. I have been researching the company. Not sure what to think. So many negative and positives. I believe I will play it by ear.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in April 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter interviewed me over the phone first. Then he emailed me a link for intelligence and personality testing. Once that was completed and I fit what they were looking for, I was scheduled for an interview with the Location General Manager. I interviewed with the boss, did a ride along with a driver and then was offered a conditional offer of employment pending physical/drug/background.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They expect their employees to work a TON of hours, which doesn't bother me at all.

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was told more of what Schwan's is versus what the job entails which would have been nice because it wasn't until I got sick that I found out that I had no sick leave to take advantage.

Interview Question – Describe a little about yourself typical   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schwan's

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schwan's interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schwan's employees and interview candidates.