Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Schwan's.

Had a phone interview back in December was contacted by them again in Feb.

Process Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Schwan's.

I applied online and took 3+ weeks to get a phone interview email.
    The phone interview was mainly about behavior questions and experiences that I had.

Interview Questions
    • Could you tell me one of tasks which was beyond your exceptions?   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellows Falls, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellows Falls, VT

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in April 2009.

Fairly straightforward interview, but there is an extensive background and DMV check, so be prepared to wait several weeks for confirmation.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tricky from my manager, but it depends on your (potential) boss.   Answer Question
    Strictly a commission job, so there is no negotiation as to salary

Schwans RSR Interview

Not difficult, just makes sure your able to interact well enough with people to sell them a great product. You do have to do a ride day without pay to see if its for you and after that you'll know.

Senior Financial Customer Specialist Interview

First there was a phone interview with human resources. Then I had one face-to-face interview with my soon to be boss. It was a situational interview. I was very lucky and they called me on the way home from the interview to offer me the job. I accepted the job the next day and was working in the office three weeks later.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Twin Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twin Falls, ID

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2012.

It was pretty simple, there was an ad for drivers on an employment website, I submitted the application and was contacted a few days later. It was a standard interview with a required ridealong on the following day.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to know about the history of the Schwan company.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They make you an offer and you take it or leave it.

Mh III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dansville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dansville, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Schwan's.

When I interviewed I didn't even meet the TSL, (Manager) until the third year of employment. Simple and painless.

Run as fast as you can when they call!!!

Freezer Person Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schwan's in August 2009.

Very quick in person interview with the four leads

Sales Route Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2011.

First let me say this, I'm not sure if women apply for this job with Schwan's, but I did. I'll explain later. So
    I applied online and got a call a day later by a human resource woman asking if I was available for a phone interview. So the recruiting lady called and asked me several questions to see if I would qualify for a 1:1. I took an assessment test online and a personality test as well and passed both. A couple days later, I got a call for a 1:1 interview in Ofallon, MO. I walked in and met the interviewer. We sat down and the only question he asked was what do I know about Schwan's, so I told him. First of all, I asked more questions than he did. The only thing he did was go through the day of a route sales person then asked if I had any questions. Now when I asked about women applying for this job is after he was done telling about the day, he kept dissuading me from even wanting to try the job by telling me that most of the "guys" there only make the minimum sales most days and that most of them have quit. Now I thought this was a bad sign, him putting down the job like that. But he wanted me to NOT want the job and I do tend to think it is because I'm a woman. I don't know if this company is discriminatory against women, but Ofallon seems to be. Anyway after the way he "conducted" the interview, I'm glad he didn't call for a an offer, however, If it was due to me being a woman and that was the only reason then this company should be looked into.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Schwan's in May 2011.

You go in and meet the sales manager and then you do a full day 14 hour ride along day and if the person you are riding with thinks you can do the job and likes you then you will be offered the job

Interview Questions
    either take it or leave it

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!