Schwan's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
45 interviews

2.4

Senior Financial Customer Specialist Interview

First there was a phone interview with human resources. Then I had one face-to-face interview with my soon to be boss. It was a situational interview. I was very lucky and they called me on the way home from the interview to offer me the job. I accepted the job the next day and was working in the office three weeks later.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Schwan's in December 2013.

You are brought into the office. You meet with the hiring director and then two co-workers. They as you normal interview questions about your experiences. You get a chance to get a feel for the team and see how you might fit. They are very strict on where you went to school if you don't have the experience.

Territory Sales Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in February 2010.

Will first be screened by recruiter, then formal interview with district sales leader and followed by regional v.p. after you get hired, they do a background check as well as a drug/ dot test to make sure your fit to drive their trucks.

Interview Questions
    • Your going to work 60 hours a week plus, you'll be expected to be on the truck 2 to 3 days a week at a minimum working with your people and that's if your staffed. You'll be expected to run the routes yourself if your not and theirs no help available from neighboring depots all along while managing 6 to 15 other route sales people along with your warehouse crew, maintaining safety, maintaining dot compliance, depot training and etc..... Tell me what a normal work week is for you and a time where you had to multi task projects and what the outcome was?   Answer Question
    Salary

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in May 2014.

The interview process is a little drawn out compared to others. You have a total of four different interviews before they will get to an offer letter. The only thing that they stress to you in the process is that this position requires a lot of hours (12-13) per day. You have no say in where you would eventually be (geographically) if you are given a route. They did not inform me that they have NO PAID HOLIDAYS until after I had already participated in a 12 hour ride along and was on my second interview. They make it appear that the pay will be good until you actually start to hear from the route person that you ride with gives you the real story.

Interview Questions

Not worth it when you factor in the amount of hours versus the pay-it is almost like only making minimum wage with no overtime pay.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Odessa, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Schwan's in August 2010.

Schwans was a good place to work at. A great job to make new friends. A physical was necessary. Interview process was very fair. It was a great job to help you stay in shape.

Interview Questions
    Salary was very fair. Never be afraid to negotiate your salary.

RSR-Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottumwa, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Schwan's in August 2010.

Hiring was easy, but long. I applied online & got a phone interview the next day. A face-to-face interview followed a few days later, as well as a job shadow (spending part of a day with a current RSR on his route to see what the job is like). The actual job offer didn't come for almost two months, and was contingent upon passing both a DOT physical and an occupational health physical, plus the mandatory drug screen, background check, etc.

By the way, I don't live in Ottumwa, but I don't want to disclose where I do actually live & work for Schwan's.

Interview Questions
    • "How much money do you want to make?"

I told him.

He said "Guys make that here."

Five years later, I still make 30% less than I made at my old job.
        Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is what it is.

Process Engineering Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Schwan's.

I applied online and took 3+ weeks to get a phone interview email.
    The phone interview was mainly about behavior questions and experiences that I had.

Interview Questions
    • Could you tell me one of tasks which was beyond your exceptions?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's.

Applied through internships.com. Contacted by HR in about two days. Set up phone interview, she asked typical behavioral questions. It lasted about 10-15 minutes at most. She sent me over to regional manager. He called and we set up a face-to-face interview in Richardson. The interview with him was very laid back, he may have asked one or two behavioral based questions, and the rest was more like a conversation. He called in about a week stating I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions. Nothing out of left field.   Answer Question
    Being an intern there really was no negotiation, it was pretty much set in stone at $15/hr.

Recruitment Administrative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Schwan's.

I was asked for a step one phone interview with Schwan's in October 2013. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and seemed to be more of a "we're trying to get to know you to bring you in." The interviewer was a recruiter based out of the Twin Cities for a job in Marshall, MN. While I initially thought that this was odd, it made sense that an "outside" interview would be necessary for an onsite interview for an HR position. The recruiter was friendly and answered many of my questions about the position and was very upfront about the needs and requirements of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Do you often deliver bad news and if so, how?   View Answer

Schwans RSR Interview

Not difficult, just makes sure your able to interact well enough with people to sell them a great product. You do have to do a ride day without pay to see if its for you and after that you'll know.

Interview Questions

Worked for Schwan's? Contribute to the Community!