Schwan's

2.4

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schwan's.

applied online and they called me that day...should have been clue they are needing people

no negotiation

RSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in March 2014.

Interview was very detailed, and you could ask any questions. Nothing held back. Everything explained as far as how the process works, including ride along, drug test, DOT physical, how they supply all your clothing, the discount on food, and how the pay system works.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to build new business?   View Answer
    All done thru the national recruiter. He was very good to work with, and everything that he said would happen, did. Very good process.

Process Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schwan's.

I applied online and took 3+ weeks to get a phone interview email.
    The phone interview was mainly about behavior questions and experiences that I had.

Interview Questions
    • Could you tell me one of tasks which was beyond your exceptions?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's.

Applied through internships.com. Contacted by HR in about two days. Set up phone interview, she asked typical behavioral questions. It lasted about 10-15 minutes at most. She sent me over to regional manager. He called and we set up a face-to-face interview in Richardson. The interview with him was very laid back, he may have asked one or two behavioral based questions, and the rest was more like a conversation. He called in about a week stating I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions. Nothing out of left field.   Answer Question
    Being an intern there really was no negotiation, it was pretty much set in stone at $15/hr.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Schwan's in December 2013.

You are brought into the office. You meet with the hiring director and then two co-workers. They as you normal interview questions about your experiences. You get a chance to get a feel for the team and see how you might fit. They are very strict on where you went to school if you don't have the experience.

Recruitment Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schwan's.

I was asked for a step one phone interview with Schwan's in October 2013. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and seemed to be more of a "we're trying to get to know you to bring you in." The interviewer was a recruiter based out of the Twin Cities for a job in Marshall, MN. While I initially thought that this was odd, it made sense that an "outside" interview would be necessary for an onsite interview for an HR position. The recruiter was friendly and answered many of my questions about the position and was very upfront about the needs and requirements of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Do you often deliver bad news and if so, how?   View Answer

Material Handler Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's.

My Hiring and Interview process was very fast and easy. I walked in the door, said that I was looking for work, and the two managers in the room quickly made me feel welcome.

The managers were relaxed and a bit nutty, They asked me one simple question, jokingly "Are you on any kind of drugs?" I Replied "No." And they started the hiring process, filling out paperwork, and got me connected to HR to fill out my application over the phone.

The whole process from walking in, to walking out took about 5-10 minutes. I was now on my way to do a drug screening, after which I would wait a few days for my background check to go through.

During the 2 weeks that it took to get the entire hiring process completed, I was asked to go to a temp labor agency to begin work immediately.

After the background check cleared, I was hired and given my employee ID# and punch card.

The full process took 2 weeks.

Schwans RSR Interview

Not difficult, just makes sure your able to interact well enough with people to sell them a great product. You do have to do a ride day without pay to see if its for you and after that you'll know.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's.

Few interviews there the usual interview questions. You have to have an ambitious out going personality and be able to sell and talk to people.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation salary is the same for everyone and commission is on you.

Route Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Schwan's in August 2013.

1 interview and had the job I had worked there before for 13 years