Schwan's

Very Easy Interview

RSM Interview

RSM
Pampa, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online as required, and received a phone call from the LGM 2 days later asking a few basic questions, ales experience, work experience, etc....was informed that a background check was needed for all employees. After the background check (took over 32 days), I never heard a word from the company. I always had to initiate any correspondence from the company.I had called numerous times only getting a Marshal,MN is still waiting for info on check. (I had another job at this point) I met with the mgr. and was setup with a current RSM and taken on a courtesy ride along. Then was hired.

Interview Question – Have I ever been in a sales position before   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation the job pays what it pays.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Breckenridge, MN

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Schwan's in September 2011.

Interview Details – The first time I contacted the HR manager about the sales position he wanted to know a little more about my experience over the phone. I gave him some general information that would allow me to present in a in-person interview. I simply said I worked here and here and have done some specific tasks related to this job.

Interview Question – What techniques would you use to increase your sales volume?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made sure to put myself in the mindset that I am determining if this job/career is what I'm looking for instead of begging for a job. If you sit down and show general interest in the position by asking questions about the company or the job I feel that you are in a better negotiation position than you can ever be. If you need the job more than life, chances are, you will get undercut for pay and benefits.

I would highly suggest changing your mindset. Interview the company to see if they are a good fit for you rather than go the the interview to beg for a job. (regardless if you need it that badly) This will put you in the position to walk if the position does not meet your criteria and perhaps will cause the interviewer to take a second look at their offer.

CSM Interview

CSM
Memphis, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Schwan's in February 2011.

Interview Details – Ok people, the Third interview which consisted of a 12-14hr day with one of the drivers at the company.
We went all the way out to Grand Junction,TN in which we drove an hour before we got there!! Hold up! From my professional point of view, why would a company send a person who was trying to decide if they wanted to work for them, all the way outside of there city to a place they've never seen before first of all! They never said that routes would be outside of the city second of all. The driver was very professional and friendly and we had a great time, But why would the company send a person out that far for that many hours to make a decision that could've been made in the first 4 hrs. The driver paid for my meals and all so it was nice, But the Manager didn't offer many any money for food and no pay for the day in which turned out to be a total waste of time. I enjoyed talking to the people in Grand Junction, TN they were very friendly people, but the fact is, the company is not going to give you a route that easy, its going to be two times more difficult! We left the Depot at 9:30am and returned at almost 9:00pm, the Mgr told me that he would be there when we got back and he wasn't. All this was Yesterday on Valentine's Day, today, I've received no calls from the Mgr what so ever, and still I have been told about the pay yet. So to Confirm about this company everyone, all the negative reviews that have been posted about this company from the past are all and still true and now up to date. The people are great, but the company is not, so my interview experience will be positive and easy, but your experience with the company will be negative and very difficult. It would be a total waste fo time working for Schwan's.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rocklin, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schwan's in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager on December 17, 2010 and it appeared to go quite well. I was told by the HM that a decision would not be made until after the holidays as he would be out for holidays. I followed up with a thank you letter, thanking him for taking the time to interview me.
Unfortunately, I have not heard from him or any response since the interview.
I can understand no response if I just sent an application, however they called me for an interview. It would be nice and professional of them to respond one way or another.

Deployment Planner Interview

Deployment Planner
Bloomington, MN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with a phone interview with the position's recruiter. I then had to go back 3 separate time for both group and 1:1 interviews, which was annoying. Professional work culture in a very nice suburban office setting. I met with the people who would become my co-workers along with the department's management and Vice President.

Interview Question – Please provide an example where you had to solve a difficult problem. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but looking back I wish I would have at least tried to get a higher salary.

Route Manager Interview

Route Manager
Bryan, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in November 2009.

Interview Details – The depot manager will ask you bs questions, fill you with hopefull thoughts and sit you high and pretty.

If he likes you, you get to ride with someone for a day, 14hr day, usually the pretty boy that runs the numbers. Then it's off to a drug test and dexterity test. Wait for everything to clear and your hired.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, set salary

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Schwan's in March 2010.

Interview Details – Received phone call for interview date of next day. Met with the GM. He was very open and honest with his expectations of very long hours (12+ per day). No Sick Pay, nearly no Holiday Pay. If you are sick you have to make it up on a Saturday, etc. He wanted to make sure everything was explained in order to find the right candidate for the job. I decided that I would not fit into this position as I have an active life outside of work. Two weeks vacation after one year can be taken in 1 week increments. 401k will match up to 5% after first year. Overall experience was positive because he was open and honest. They just need an employee that does not have a life outside of work.

Interview Question – What have you done for the last 15 years?   View Answer

Route Salesman Interview

Route Salesman
Glendale, AZ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Schwan's in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interview with the general manager. Easy going guy who interviews plenty of applicants for these positions it went well and he offered me a ride along with a salesman the next day, which I decided to do. I could do this job even I could sell food door to door to established customer and make new contacts, heck people flag you down wanting to buy some ice cream. Was very interested due to the salary of 32k starting and 38K after 6 months + commision.

Reason for Declining – The ride along was going well, great people on the route some sale, some declines but overall the food sold. But in order to meet your goals there are A LOT OF HOURS REQUIRED. The driver I went with works 14 hours a day 7am to 9 pm - crazy no life the 32K really doesn't seem worth it, especially if you have a family - they wouldn't see you. The day I was with him he worked 16 hours 7am to 11 pm - he felt he would make his first step bonus that pay period which would end up to be around $150 for that 2 week period. I asked him what happens if you don't meet your goal and he told me you work your 1 weekday day off. Not for me - maybe if you dont like to be around your family and enjoy eating breafas, lunch and dinner in your truck go for it. The general Manager did tell me he expects the trucks to be out before 9 and if you back before 8 this won't work out for you, most of our sales are between 3-9.

Longview, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in October 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview went well. I will have my 1 on 1 interview tomorrow. I have been researching the company. Not sure what to think. So many negative and positives. I believe I will play it by ear.

Very Easy Interview

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schwan's in May 2011.

Interview Details – You go in and meet the sales manager and then you do a full day 14 hour ride along day and if the person you are riding with thinks you can do the job and likes you then you will be offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – either take it or leave it